Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my dealer lying to me?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017 | 12:59 AM

A5 Black Edition - C63 S on order!
Is my dealer lying to me?!

So I put my order in for a new C63 S Coupe at the beginning of last week via a UK broker Drive The Deal and I'm dealing with Inchcape of Oxford corporate sales. My car specification included for everything along with the Designo Selenite Magno paint and all of the carbon fibre inside and out.

The dealer came back to me yesterday saying that They can get me a build slot of Late October with the car ready for late November, however if I have the paint I've chosen and the carbon fibre then they have no idea when I will get my car because MB are having issues with the paint manufacturer and they can't get some of the carbon fibre parts / fixings for both packs 1 and 2 and I'm waiting to see if the same applies for the internal trim

Do you think this is genuine or is this the dealer singing me a merry dance?! Could it possibly be something to do with the upcoming refresh? However I'm not sure if the Coupe will be refreshed straight away or follow on later after the saloon.

I so want the car as quick as possible, but It was the paint that I was looking forward to seeing on the car the most. Seriously torn in just waiting it out to see what happens or getting delivery of a car asap!

Any advice or thoughts on this would be really appreciated
Old 08-08-2017 | 05:31 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by Jamo1
So I put my order in for a new C63 S Coupe at the beginning of last week via a UK broker Drive The Deal and I'm dealing with Inchcape of Oxford corporate sales. My car specification included for everything along with the Designo Selenite Magno paint and all of the carbon fibre inside and out.

The dealer came back to me yesterday saying that They can get me a build slot of Late October with the car ready for late November, however if I have the paint I've chosen and the carbon fibre then they have no idea when I will get my car because MB are having issues with the paint manufacturer and they can't get some of the carbon fibre parts / fixings for both packs 1 and 2 and I'm waiting to see if the same applies for the internal trim

Do you think this is genuine or is this the dealer singing me a merry dance?! Could it possibly be something to do with the upcoming refresh? However I'm not sure if the Coupe will be refreshed straight away or follow on later after the saloon.

I so want the car as quick as possible, but It was the paint that I was looking forward to seeing on the car the most. Seriously torn in just waiting it out to see what happens or getting delivery of a car asap!

Any advice or thoughts on this would be really appreciated
Matt colour will not be available until next year carbon pack will be avalileble
On November buil!
Old 08-08-2017 | 06:21 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
Hey Jamo,

I'll PM you with my experience as I'm based in Oxford and worked with Inchcape Oxford and Coventry on my delivery which is the same colour you are looking for.

I'll also be happy to help with any questions you have on the paint and UK delivery.

If you are not too far away we may even be able to meet up as you'll be pushed to find a example of a C63S Coupe in Magno Grey. I just dont have all the carbon bits.
Old 08-08-2017 | 07:04 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
Hey Jamo,

I'll PM you with my experience as I'm based in Oxford and worked with Inchcape Oxford and Coventry on my delivery which is the same colour you are looking for.

I'll also be happy to help with any questions you have on the paint and UK delivery.

If you are not too far away we may even be able to meet up as you'll be pushed to find a example of a C63S Coupe in Magno Grey. I just dont have all the carbon bits.
Ordered my car by inchcape southport Liverpool
They said Matt grey not available till early next year
If you can give me this colour I will give oxford a call!