C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found the Right Car - Help Me w/Pricing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW GTI
Found the Right Car - Help Me w/Pricing...

So, over the weekend, 8 y.o. son and I found the car we've been looking for. A very well optioned '15 C63S sedan with less than 10k miles. Car is incredibly clean, immaculate and still had a faint new car smell. Car pulled like a rabid pitbull about to finish off a wounded prey and sounded like a scalded growling banshee making a mad dash out of hell. During the test-drive, my son said, "Dad, this is the one". It was incredible.

I was told it was driven by a MB exec and never titled. Partial listing of options:

- AMG Performance Exhaust
- AMG Performance Seats
- Ceramic Brakes ($5.5k option)
- Lighting Pkg
- Multimedia Pkg
- And more...

MSRP was $93k. Asking price is $72k.

Based on the other '15 and '16 C63's I've observed hitting the market recently, I'm thinking the asking price is high. Highest I would pay is $65k. My target purchase price would be $60k.

My questions... What do you think is good selling price? In your estimation, what would be too much to pay? I believe the dealer purchased it at auction... Any way to know how much they paid? Isn't there a central DB somewhere (Mannheim) that records all auction sales? I know some might ask what business is it of mine what the dealer paid for it... My response, I'd like to make what I think is a fair offer and just want to make sure I'm not spending more than I have to. I don't mind the dealer making money... However, I definitely don't want to overpay...

While I would LOVE to have this car, I won't lose sleep missing out on it. I'm hoping I get lucky as it has been on the lost for almost 60 days...

I appreciate all insight. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
It does seem a tad bit high but not overpriced. Getting a c63s with a performance exhaust with Amg seats and the ceramic brakes is very difficult. Majority don't have either the ceramic brakes or the performance exhaust. It is also a car driven by MB executive so you get to be the very first owner. So your only depreciation is the miles and that it is two years old. This increases your resale value a ton if you decide to sell it in the future. Taking this into consideration, I think a 65k price is a fair one for you and the dealer. However, a car like this I'm not sure how willing they would be to negotiate this. If you can get him to drop it to 60k obviously that would be amazing. But thats not really likely.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
wtf 72k for a used 2015? that's a joke right?

that's rape, IMO. You're target pricing seems way more in line.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:07 PM

VW GTI
Originally Posted by alexasa
wtf 72k for a used 2015? that's a joke right?

that's rape, IMO. You're target pricing seems way more in line.
Yep. I can purchase a brand new leftover '17 for less than that...
Old 08-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG C63S
72k is an absurd price for a 15. I dont care what the retail was, the depreciation brings this car down to about 60k tops. Even if it was a leftover with zero miles on it, the value wouldnt be that much.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by poops
So, over the weekend, 8 y.o. son and I found the car we've been looking for. A very well optioned '15 C63S sedan with less than 10k miles. Car is incredibly clean, immaculate and still had a faint new car smell. Car pulled like a rabid pitbull about to finish off a wounded prey and sounded like a scalded growling banshee making a mad dash out of hell. During the test-drive, my son said, "Dad, this is the one". It was incredible.

I was told it was driven by a MB exec and never titled. Partial listing of options:

- AMG Performance Exhaust
- AMG Performance Seats
- Ceramic Brakes ($5.5k option)
- Lighting Pkg
- Multimedia Pkg
- And more...

MSRP was $93k. Asking price is $72k.

Based on the other '15 and '16 C63's I've observed hitting the market recently, I'm thinking the asking price is high. Highest I would pay is $65k. My target purchase price would be $60k.

My questions... What do you think is good selling price? In your estimation, what would be too much to pay? I believe the dealer purchased it at auction... Any way to know how much they paid? Isn't there a central DB somewhere (Mannheim) that records all auction sales? I know some might ask what business is it of mine what the dealer paid for it... My response, I'd like to make what I think is a fair offer and just want to make sure I'm not spending more than I have to. I don't mind the dealer making money... However, I definitely don't want to overpay...

While I would LOVE to have this car, I won't lose sleep missing out on it. I'm hoping I get lucky as it has been on the lost for almost 60 days...

I appreciate all insight. Thanks in advance.

You could get a brand new car for $70k. I picked up a cpo 2016 with 3k miles for $58k. Performance seats and black 19s.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:05 PM

VW GTI
OP here... So the initial car I inquired about might not work out. After going back and forth over a couple of days, I gave them a final offer of $63k. Waiting for a response...

While waiting on that, I'm working another deal on a never titled '15 C63P (Special Edition, I think) with 1800 miles in pristine condition. Apparently, it was used at the MB Training Center as a factory car. Anyone know what that means/entails. Was it flogged and abused? The car's Manheim auction rating gave it a 4.5 out of 5. It comes with the options below and MSRP'd at $86,405:

- Performance Exhaust
- Performance Seats
- Lighting Pkg
- Multimedia Pkg
- Panorama Sunroof
- Heads Up Display
- Drivers Asst Pkg

They're asking $70k. After much haggling, they finally showed me their 'cost sheet' (how much they're in the car for) and countered at $67.1k. My final offer to them was $65750. I think my offer is fair for a car that was built 3 years ago and depreciates like mad! Also, with the 2018 model coming out soon, I don't think I should be paying anything over $65k for a car like this.

Oh, and the car had a $680 alignment job; which makes me a bit wary about other potential issues...

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by poops; 08-25-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s Sedan (W205)
I'd say its a decent price with that many miles. What color are you looking for?

Originally Posted by poops
OP here... So the initial car I inquired about might not work out. After going back and forth over a couple of days, I gave them a final offer of $63k. Waiting for a response...

While waiting on that, I'm working another deal on a never titled '15 C63P (Special Edition, I think) with 1800 miles in pristine condition. Apparently, it was used at the MB Training Center as a factory car. Anyone know what that means/entails. Was it flogged and abused? The car's Manheim auction rating gave it a 4.5 out of 5. It comes with the options below and MSRP'd at $86,405:

- Performance Exhaust
- Performance Seats
- Lighting Pkg
- Multimedia Pkg
- Panorama Sunroof
- Heads Up Display
- Drivers Asst Pkg

They're asking $70k. After much haggling, they finally showed me their 'cost sheet' (how much they're in the car for) and countered at $67.1k. My final offer to them was $65750. I think my offer is fair for a car that was built 3 years ago and depreciates like mad! Also, with the 2018 model coming out soon, I don't think I should be paying anything over $65k for a car like this.

Oh, and the car had a $680 alignment job; which makes me a bit wary about other potential issues...

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:17 PM

VW GTI
Originally Posted by WhiteC63s
I'd say its a decent price with that many miles. What color are you looking for?
I'm primarily looking for black. White with black wheels and night pkg is second choice. But, this specific car is gray.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s Sedan (W205)
I think I was looking at that one too. CPOed? At Bobby Rahal? I offered $60k but they didn't want to budge. I have another thread on here asking about dealer demo cars. They told me it was brought to events to show off what AMG was about.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:53 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by WhiteC63s
used at the MB Training Center as a factory car. Was it flogged and abused?

They told me it was brought to events to show off what AMG was about.
If the car was used in the AMG Driving Academy then yes it was very much flogged on every second of its 1800 mile life and I would run away from it.

Two year old AMG with only 1800 miles on it, nearly fully optioned, needed an alignment...definitely leaning towards ADA car. Even it wasn't used there demo cars are driven hard with no regards to break in.

Last edited by realjones88; 08-25-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
18 E63S, 22 etron GT
Congrats! Looks like all of the boxes were checked.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 303 Posts
AMG C63s
3.5 year old thread revived....
The following 2 users liked this post by tobeit:
FLC63s (01-19-2021), Stunna02 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Talking

that seems high to me - i bought an '18 C63s sedan last year with 10K miles - sticker price was $92K and i paid $60K - not CPO'ed but didnt matter since it still has Factory Warranty.

damn 3 year old OP -