Sponsored by:

C63s Coupe must have options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2007 E350
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I wanted it on my build but my salesman mentioned that if I wear Polarized sunglasses (I do all the time), the HUD won't be visible. I checked it out on a car they had at the dealer and sure enough, glasses go on and the HUD disappears so I deleted it from my build. YMMV.
get 90% or lighter ceramic tint on your front windshield. I have it on mine & HUD is totally visible with polarized sun glasses. I do agree that HUD is a must! Once you have it you can’t live without it
The following users liked this post:
RDOCA (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by oajr
I always try and find a balance between my own wants and needs, and what the future buyer might require. What do I actually need on the S model?

perf exhaust
standard seats
night package
forged 19/20” wheels
apple car play
hud
ventilated seats

My maybes are,
park assist
drivers assist

Luxury items,
ceramic brakes

Dont need,
Multimedia
fun to go back to comments you made.....and do the compare/contrast.

on the left are what my needs/maybes/luxury/don't need items were..........and what i ended up with after yesterday's purchase, coupled with some thoughts.

perf exhaust---------------included
standard seats----------- Recaros....happy i got these....i don't log huge miles in the car, and love the feel/support/look that they give. i think they help add to the car's sporty side, help solidify it.
night package-------------included
forged 19/20” wheels---included (forged cross spoke)
apple car play------------wish i had it because all of the apps on my iPhone are good enough for me......don't really need a dedicated gps (see below)
hud-------------------------included (love this by the way)
ventilated seats---------not included due to the optional Recaro seats

My maybes are,
park assist---------------included (i like the overhead/360 degree view and the warning signals)
drivers assist------------not included

Luxury items,
ceramic brakes---------not included

Dont need,
Multimedia--------------included (it's hard for me to say that i don't like the slightly larger display area but i do like the touchpad....i really do....it's either touch the pad (and keep eyes up) or reach and touch your iPhone mounted somewhere else.....is it worth an additional $2k++? maybe for the next owner?)

add: adaptive lights were included (didn't mention before, didn't really care)......nice feature, not sure it's all that necessary given that the headlights are LED to begin with. "active" is nice.....not necessary in my opinion, at least not where i live/drive. are the lit door sills and ambient lighting a nice touch? absolutely.