C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front and rear bumper, side skirt take apart guide?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
AMG C63S
Front and rear bumper, side skirt take apart guide?

Have some Carbon Fiber parts going on the front, rear and sides. I know for the front the bumper has to come off for the grill and other component swap, but not sure on the rear diffuser or side spears. Any take apart guides available for those who have done this before? A few videos on youtube are more generic for C Class. Mechanically capable, just looking to leverage a guide to save time. Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff
Old 02-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
For the "side spears", they are slide in clips with double-sided tape holding them on. I just removed mine yesterday on my sedan.
Start at one end (I also used trim removal tools) and slowly work your way back, sometimes a heat gun will help on the tape.
No need to remove the lower rocker, had mine off in about 20min.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schulminator:
gOt BoOsT (10-05-2018), Jeff Whitten (02-09-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Don't have video guide but can tell you the front bumper is 100% mechanical fasteners that you remove and it slides off. Meaning there are not pop in clips as in many bumpers. You will need to raise the front up on ramps or something to help with underbody bolt removal. NOTE, you have to remove the the strong steel under body panel that covers the power steering unit, then you can remove the front air dam screen.Next, lay on your back, under front end and you will see a steel colored metal bracket on "each" side where one of the air dam screws when into, there are two more black (hex head) screws in that same bracket that need to be removed. Go ahead and disconnect the air temp sensor, which is right above the driver side bracket that you just removed in the previous step. Next pop open 3 wheel well fasteners infront of both tires and one underneath each front corner. Pull wheel well liner out slightly and remove two hex head bolts on each side connecting bumper corners to the fenders. Pop hood, remove top three t25 torx screws, and then two slightly hidden torx screws, one on each side of the grill that you see by looking vertically down into the hole. They are black. Once all are removed, disconnect PDC sensor located on passenger side, below head light level just behind the sided round parking sensor on the inside of the bumper apron. This all sounds like a lot but if the car was on ramps, it can be done in 10 minutes, easy. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (02-09-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
The rear diffuser has rivets that have to be drilled out. Otherwise it's just clips and it comes right off. I think I got some screws to put it back in place (instead of the rivets).
Jeff Whitten (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 01:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
AMG C63S
Thanks guys for the detailed responses. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
for the rear
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...l-install.html

also i did the front start grill without removing the bumper. i noted that in the thread as well
Jeff Whitten (02-11-2018)