SOMEONE HIT ME AND RAN - MBWorld.org Forums

C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOMEONE HIT ME AND RAN

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-14-2018, 12:35 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Any recommended NJ or NY body shop

Just got my brand new 2018 c63s coupe three weeks ago.I was literally waiting at the stop sign to make a right. A car made a left into my lane and literally drove towards me and hit my left panel and bumper with barely no stop. Then he drove away right after he hit me. Anyone has recommended body shop in new jersey or ny area please?



Last edited by stevenxhl; 02-14-2018 at 02:06 AM.
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:07 AM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lexus IS250 F-Sport
I wouldíve chased him down until I got a plate number. Sorry to hear that tho man.
miamiboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:12 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 83
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Oh man!!! So sorry to this this, fix it up asap and move on...
spence88mph is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:37 AM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 118
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Ford Ranger
Sorry to hear that. Some people are POS! Get you a dash cam
mras350b2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:15 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 338
Thanked 37 Times in 37 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
MF'ers.................no body has any respect for other people's property. Sorry to hear, hope you can get it fixed up soon.
Schulminator is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:56 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
Originally Posted by stevenxhl View Post
Just got my brand new 2018 c63s coupe three weeks ago.I was literally waiting at the stop sign to make a right. A car made a left into my lane and literally drove towards me and hit my left panel and bumper with barely no stop. Then he drove away right after he hit me. Anyone has recommended body shop in new jersey or ny area please?


Mercedes of Manhattan's collision center was really great when i used them after my previous car (w204 c63) was in an accident.
http://www.mbmanhattan.com/body-shop/
rmt52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:59 AM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
it's as close to factory as i think you could get. they are not a dealership really. they are the flagship facilities for mbusa.
rmt52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:14 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 898
Thanked 91 Times in 69 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Coupe
Thatís painful to look at 😳

Looks like the rear bumper, rear quarter panel, and rear wheel all got hit. Cosmetic repairs alone will likely be upwards of $15k. Hopefully thereís no mechanical damage!
AlexZTuned is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM
  #9  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned View Post
Thatís painful to look at 😳

Looks like the rear bumper, rear quarter panel, and rear wheel all got hit. Cosmetic repairs alone will likely be upwards of $15k. Hopefully thereís no mechanical damage!
iwas so mad when it happened lol. The vehicle feels fine on the highway plus heavy accelerations. Still waiting for police report to inform my insurance...
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:27 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Range Rover
why did he hit you and run when he could've drove?
Cartman417 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:27 AM
  #11  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by miamiboy View Post
I wouldíve chased him down until I got a plate number. Sorry to hear that tho man.

i tried to to make an u-turn to chase him down but the accident happened in college campus. Didn't want to cause any other trouble. The university police said they would search for him but haven't heard from them yet.
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:28 AM
  #12  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post
why did he hit you and run when he could've drove?

ikr. Prob that person was drunk as fck or was on drug I guess. Or he probably thought he wouldn't be able to pay for fixing my car?
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:30 AM
  #13  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by rmt52 View Post
it's as close to factory as i think you could get. they are not a dealership really. they are the flagship facilities for mbusa.
thank you so much! Do you have any pictures of your previous incident and how your car looks after? Cuz mb manhattan is pretty close to my apartment.
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:31 AM
  #14  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Schulminator View Post
MF'ers.................no body has any respect for other people's property. Sorry to hear, hope you can get it fixed up soon.
yeah... that guy didn't even stop at all. This car'a depreciation is gonna be so awful...
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:32 AM
  #15  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by mras350b2 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Some people are POS! Get you a dash cam
i was actually thinking about getting a cam before. But it takes quit a bit space blocking my front view. Now it seems necessary to get one lol.
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:33 AM
  #16  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Oh man!!! So sorry to this this, fix it up asap and move on...
thank you. Bad things happen just too much pain tho
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:16 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SURREY, UK
Posts: 78
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2017 gla 45. c63s estate .2017 smart 44 brabus sport
really sorry to see that damage on your vehicle. it is hard to take. i know it has been mentioned by others but i think a front and rear dashcam is something i dont ever go without on my AMG. I also have a tracker in my car should it be stolen. It is there for exactly this scenario ie an idiot collides with your vehicle and takes off. The one issue and major limitation a lot of dashcams have though is an inadequate parking mode battery life. a lot of scrapes take place when your vehicle is parked up somewhere.
hope you catch the clown and sorry to see the damage.
right_mr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:20 PM
  #18  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by right_mr View Post
really sorry to see that damage on your vehicle. it is hard to take. i know it has been mentioned by others but i think a front and rear dashcam is something i dont ever go without on my AMG. I also have a tracker in my car should it be stolen. It is there for exactly this scenario ie an idiot collides with your vehicle and takes off. The one issue and major limitation a lot of dashcams have though is an inadequate parking mode battery life. a lot of scrapes take place when your vehicle is parked up somewhere.
hope you catch the clown and sorry to see the damage.

thank you for replying. I had a m4 before and nothing happened to it. Now I m seriously considering put cams in the car. I have not seen any cam that would keep working when the car is off. Do you have any recommendations on the cam that would work 24/7? Thanks
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:03 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 515
Thanked 43 Times in 34 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Blackvue 750 or Thinkware F800. Mine has already paid for itself with 2 hit and runs while it was parked... Paid for my wife 's thinkware as well. Couple thousand dollars worth of damage.

I had some work done class A Auto on Hackensack and would NOT recommend them. They are A- work... not terrible but I'd search for better.
skim7x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
Originally Posted by stevenxhl View Post

thank you so much! Do you have any pictures of your previous incident and how your car looks after? Cuz mb manhattan is pretty close to my apartment.
unfortunately I donít have a picture from after the accident but before the repair, only one from after which as you can see looked like nothing had happened. As you can see in the worksheet, it did require pretty much for the whole driver side to be repaired with front driver door, front driver side fender, engine subframe, etc needing to be replaced, the rear door and rear quarter panel and bumper were repaired. Man I miss that car. Totaled it a few months later.





Last edited by rmt52; 02-14-2018 at 09:48 PM.
rmt52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
CazzoGrosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: FLORIDA, ITALIA, ARGENTINA
Posts: 337
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2002 FERRARI 360 SPIDER, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
And you didn't speed right after the car knowing that damage is done and she/he is getting away...says more about you. Even if I had to run on foot I would have chase that car down.

Last edited by CazzoGrosso; 02-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.
CazzoGrosso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:09 PM
  #22  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by rmt52 View Post


unfortunately I donít have a picture from after the accident but before the repair, only one from after which as you can see looked like nothing had happened. As you can see in the worksheet, it did require pretty much for the whole driver side to be repaired with front driver door, front driver side fender, engine subframe, etc needing to be replaced, the rear door and rear quarter panel and bumper were repaired. Man I miss that car. Totaled it a few months later.




Thanks for posting the details. The car does look nice after fixing it. I would reach out mb Manhattan to after my police report comes out. I was thinking of finding a personal body shop but I realized there is no need to do so since insurance is paying for the bill anyway.
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:12 PM
  #23  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Blackvue 750 or Thinkware F800. Mine has already paid for itself with 2 hit and runs while it was parked... Paid for my wife 's thinkware as well. Couple thousand dollars worth of damage.

I had some work done class A Auto on Hackensack and would NOT recommend them. They are A- work... not terrible but I'd search for better.
Thanks for the inform. Does any of those 2 cams work while ignition is off??
stevenxhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:32 AM
  #24  
Super Member
 
Star4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 718
Thanked 78 Times in 65 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
its winter up in NY NJ. maybe someone got a little too eager in an empty parking lot and one of those dang light poles with cement base snuck up on him.. or maybe someone did hit him. whoever hit me id be on his trail and on phone with police giving them plate details.
Star4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:56 AM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Bmw
[QUOTE=stevenxhl;7382389]Thanks for the inform. Does any of those 2 cams work while ignition is off??[/QUOTE

You are looking for a cam with "parking mode" which is survelence while car is parked or ignition off. Both of those brand offers it.
There are so many brands and types of dash cams with different functions. You just have to find the one that fit your needs. Blackvue and Thinkware are probably the best if you need dual lens " front and rear cams". If you need just the front, there are less expensive alternatives with better video qualities.
Rayc63s is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SOMEONE HIT ME AND RAN


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: