C63S Coupe exhaust question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S Coupe
C63S Coupe exhaust question

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a 'problem'... My car has the performance exhaust and although I am happy with it, sometimes however I wish it would be a little louder in Sport+ and Race mode. The sound volume on the exterior is nice but inside the cabin I mostly catch myself by riding with the window open so I myself as a driver can also enjoy the exhaust sound.

In my search for a solution (I already read the +10 pages exhaust thread here) I have a few questions about some possible solutions.

Here in Belgium/Europe there really is not much choice of exhaust brands so my choice is limited to Akrapovic and Remus. Since I don't want to spent the budget that is needed for the Akra, my choice would be a Remus exhaust system or import another exhaust from elsewhere. I have been looking into the AWE exhaust too so I think (due to lack of alternatives) that I will buy a Remus or import the AWE exhaust. I contacted some shops in my country about other exhaust brands, but most try to push for Akra or Remus...

Another solution would be that I leave my car at a shop and they open up my original performance exhaust mufflers and mod it by taking out some damping materials.

Since I don't want to void my warranty (so no cel errors or an ecu tune to get rid of the errors, my choice is pretty limited I guess... What would you guys recommend? Remus, AWE (or another affordable brand) or a modification on the original exhaust? Thanks for any input and thoughts as I really don't know what to do.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Look into the secondary cat delete for more sound. It won’t void warranty or cause a check engine light. Alternatively, there’s a module you can install which opens the exhaust valves 100% to give you more sound.

ASR valve controller: http://asr-component.de/home/41-klap...=C63&results=3

You can also drop the rear seats (or even just the rear center armrest) which will fill the interior with more exhaust noise. I drive around with the center armrest down and it makes a noticeable difference on the inside.
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (03-26-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 06:24 PM

C63 S Coupe
Thanks for answering Alex, I will for sure try the tip of dropping the rear center armrest and see if it helps.

Correct me when wrong but the other tip of installing such valve controller won't be of much use no? I mean when driving in Sport+ or Race or pressing the exhaust button on the middle console activates the valves already to 100% open right? So what is this valve controller kit gonna add to this?
Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
The valves aren't 100% open at idle and at low RPM's or partial engine load because they're programmed to operate and open dynamically. The ASR controller forces them open 100% even at idle, so it's significantly deeper and louder at idle, lower RPM's, partial throttle, etc. The sound will be the same at higher RPM's because that's when the valves are programmed to be fully open, but you can definitely tell a difference in these vids:

I'm planning on picking one up sometime soon.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 Benz C63S Coupe
I did the secondary cat delete with the AWE track exhaust and i’m super happy with the sound.....

I might do a EC tune down the road with a catless dp’s..... Till then, I’m super happy with my C63s coupes sound.....
Old 03-25-2018, 10:52 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
The valves aren't 100% open at idle and at low RPM's or partial engine load because they're programmed to operate and open dynamically. The ASR controller forces them open 100% even at idle, so it's significantly deeper and louder at idle, lower RPM's, partial throttle, etc. The sound will be the same at higher RPM's because that's when the valves are programmed to be fully open, but you can definitely tell a difference in these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bctux3qeK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn1IaqMZ6Cw

I'm planning on picking one up sometime soon.

Damn, quite a difference. Plug and play?
Old 03-26-2018, 11:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by -krikke-
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a 'problem'... My car has the performance exhaust and although I am happy with it, sometimes however I wish it would be a little louder in Sport+ and Race mode. The sound volume on the exterior is nice but inside the cabin I mostly catch myself by riding with the window open so I myself as a driver can also enjoy the exhaust sound.

In my search for a solution (I already read the +10 pages exhaust thread here) I have a few questions about some possible solutions.

Here in Belgium/Europe there really is not much choice of exhaust brands so my choice is limited to Akrapovic and Remus. Since I don't want to spent the budget that is needed for the Akra, my choice would be a Remus exhaust system or import another exhaust from elsewhere. I have been looking into the AWE exhaust too so I think (due to lack of alternatives) that I will buy a Remus or import the AWE exhaust. I contacted some shops in my country about other exhaust brands, but most try to push for Akra or Remus...

Another solution would be that I leave my car at a shop and they open up my original performance exhaust mufflers and mod it by taking out some damping materials.

Since I don't want to void my warranty (so no cel errors or an ecu tune to get rid of the errors, my choice is pretty limited I guess... What would you guys recommend? Remus, AWE (or another affordable brand) or a modification on the original exhaust? Thanks for any input and thoughts as I really don't know what to do.
iPE is widely considered the best sounding exhaust for the W205 platform. The valves open and close through your driving modes and the power gains are incredible. I can ship these to you in Belgium and they are more affordable than the mentioned exhaust companies.

Here is one video of the sound and one video with dyno results. Contact me directly for more details and pricing - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Old 03-26-2018, 02:09 PM

C63 S Coupe
Email has been sent... thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C63S 2015
+1 @thewb - just sending you an email now too.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by -krikke-
Email has been sent... thanks!
Originally Posted by daxelsson
+1 @thewb - just sending you an email now too.
Emailed replied to