Question for Nor-Cal AMG owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
Question for Nor-Cal AMG owners

Hi Nor-Cal owners,

I'm wondering how is your experience bringing in your modified c63/c63s in for service? Plan to do downpipes, but feeling reluctant since I don't want the dealer to void my warranty..

Any input will be appreciated, thanks!

J
Old 04-19-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Originally Posted by Jinggyjin
Hi Nor-Cal owners,

I'm wondering how is your experience bringing in your modified c63/c63s in for service? Plan to do downpipes, but feeling reluctant since I don't want the dealer to void my warranty..

Any input will be appreciated, thanks!

J
Where are you located?

I don't have any experience bringing in a modded car (no tune because I don't want it noted), but let me pass this along to you: They cannot "void" your warranty. The only thing that can happen is they can deny your claim. Now if you bring in a modded car for service and they hook it up to the computer and see that it has a tune, or check under the hood and see DPs installed they could note the account. Then in the future the engine goes pop and you bring it it....then they could see the notes and deny the claim.

Best bet may be to bring it into a non-MB shop for service.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 AM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
What Mikey says is correct. They'll certainly denote that you've modded, which is fine; all I care about is warranty on everything unrelated. Modding performance means I accept that if my engine or transmission blows, I'll probably pay to play.

With that said, the dealer I bring my Dinan-tuned C63S and my previous modded CLA45 has never given me any problems. Hell, I've even chatted with the service guys about the mods. They know the potential of these things. Will PM you.