Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loud are hatless downpipes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018 | 06:32 PM

S205 C63S
How loud are hatless downpipes?

Hey all, Ive watched every video on youtube of c63's with downpipes but nothing really shows what its like in real life.

I want to do downpipes without it being ridiculous in the morning on cold start. I have the performance exhaust and can obviously shut the valves so im hoping its not over the top with the valves shut...

Is there any comparison I can get? i.e. Is downpipes in comfort mode with the valves shut (i.e. in the morning) the same volume as a standard c63s in sport + with the valves open??? (Does that make any sense??)

I don't want to do it and then regret it because I live in a very quiet street...

** CATLESS, I can't edit the title

Last edited by dangreene; 05-01-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2018 | 06:34 PM

2018 c63 S AMG
Catless

Originally Posted by dangreene
Hey all, Ive watched every video on youtube of c63's with downpipes but nothing really shows what its like in real life.

I want to do downpipes without it being ridiculous in the morning on cold start. I have the performance exhaust and can obviously shut the valves so im hoping its not over the top with the valves shut...

Is there any comparison I can get? i.e. Is downpipes in comfort mode with the valves shut (i.e. in the morning) the same volume as a standard c63s in sport + with the valves open??? (Does that make any sense??)

I don't want to do it and then regret it because I live in a very quiet street...

** CATLESS, I can't edit the title
Your best bet if you are on IG is to check out Eurocharges IG page they have a couple people who have done this and appear to be happy. My friend with an E63 2014 did downpipes and removed the resonator OMG sounded like a W204 but he said it was too loud for his taste and put the resonators back on. My honest suggestion to you is to delete the second cat and see how you like that first. I am going to be doing that soon.
The following users liked this post:
chrscott (06-14-2018)