Sponsored by:

Camber help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M4
Camber help!

Just lowered my c63s. Found out that I need a front camber kit from Kmac. Ordered. What about the back? Do I need to spend another 500$? How long does install take? Heard Mercedes makes a bushing for 100$ but cannot find part number. Lowered people help!!!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:11 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
You need more camber to get your fitment right? Or what's going on?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:13 AM

BMW M4
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
You need more camber to get your fitment right? Or what's going on?
I’ve been reading around and I need this kmac kit to get rid of my negative camber because the car doesn’t have enough adjustment to get me back to factory specs. correct?

Old 10-05-2018, 12:28 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
Originally Posted by DanielAMG

I’ve been reading around and I need this kmac kit to get rid of my negative camber because the car doesn’t have enough adjustment to get me back to factory specs. correct?

Oh.

Idk I was bagged without them. On kw v3 pretty low without the camber kit. I'm fine with the negative camber but if it's worth the money to you than go for it
Old 10-05-2018, 12:44 AM

BMW M4
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink

Oh.

Idk I was bagged without them. On kw v3 pretty low without the camber kit. I'm fine with the negative camber but if it's worth the money to you than go for it
Idk man, im reading that camber on these cars is either impossible due to no adjustment bolt or very very little adjustment.. still confused. I ordered that kmac kit. I have tire warranty but im super OCD about having my alignment perfect lol.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 W204 4MATIC
Just lowered my c63s. Found out that I need a front camber kit from Kmac. Ordered. What about the back? Do I need to spend another 500$? How long does install take? Heard Mercedes makes a bushing for 100$ but cannot find part number. Lowered people help!!!
Hate to hijack your thread amigo, but i'm about to do the same process as well adn wanted to make sure I had everything in order.

1. What did you lower with? I'm going with KW HAS and am curious if i need to order hte same before i have them installed.
2. How long did hte install take? My local shops are telling me it's gonna take 5-6 hours for install of KW HAS, but that seems a little cray to me. These things aren't crazy access or anything--or what am i missing?

Feel free to DM me instead if this is a all-out hijack haha
Old 10-05-2018, 02:54 AM

BMW M4
Originally Posted by knife
Hate to hijack your thread amigo, but i'm about to do the same process as well adn wanted to make sure I had everything in order.

1. What did you lower with? I'm going with KW HAS and am curious if i need to order hte same before i have them installed.
2. How long did hte install take? My local shops are telling me it's gonna take 5-6 hours for install of KW HAS, but that seems a little cray to me. These things aren't crazy access or anything--or what am i missing?

Feel free to DM me instead if this is a all-out hijack haha
lowered on HR VTF. Goes a little lower than the HAS kit. Idk man everywhere I look everyone says you need this camber kit. Install took 4 hours

Last edited by DanielAMG; 10-05-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 W204 4MATIC

lowered on HR VTF. Goes a little lower than the HAS kit. Idk man everywhere I look everyone says you need this camber kit.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about too.. but i'm hoping the fact it's adjustable... maybe you can avoid it if you don't go all the way to the lowest setting?
Hope you get your answer here amigo--i'll be looking out for you too and update this if i get an answer on my end.
FWIW, i'm gathering the same as you from just perusing the threads.

What about your install, do you remember roughly how long it took or what you paid if you dont mind my asking?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:21 AM

BMW M4
Originally Posted by knife
Yeah that's what I'm worried about too.. but i'm hoping the fact it's adjustable... maybe you can avoid it if you don't go all the way to the lowest setting?
Hope you get your answer here amigo--i'll be looking out for you too and update this if i get an answer on my end.
FWIW, i'm gathering the same as you from just perusing the threads.

What about your install, do you remember roughly how long it took or what you paid if you dont mind my asking?
sorry, edited my first response. It took like 4 hours and paid 300$ install. Going to alignment shop on Saturday hopefully he’ll say “all good!” Lol
Old 10-05-2018, 05:29 AM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Hey guys,

Check out out my threads - RDO247.

I highly recommend fitting K-Mac Camber Kits to both front and rear of our cars factory height and lowered.

Better to spend money on improving your car rather then constantly fixing and maintaining.

Our cars do not have camber adjustment nor caster and I went through 3 sets of tyres in 18 months due to premature wear on the front and rear.

First set I was at factory height, other sets when I lowered 20mm on KW HAS.

I updated my K-Mac Camber Kit thread a day or two ago after having run it for a year now.

Pictures of of the front and rear tyre wear is pretty much even across the tread with plenty of life left in them.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Oh, front camber -1.5 degrees, rear camber -1 degrees.

The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (04-26-2020)
Old 10-05-2018, 11:03 AM

BMW M4
Originally Posted by RDO247
Hey guys,

Check out out my threads - RDO247.

I highly recommend fitting K-Mac Camber Kits to both front and rear of our cars factory height and lowered.

Better to spend money on improving your car rather then constantly fixing and maintaining.

Our cars do not have camber adjustment nor caster and I went through 3 sets of tyres in 18 months due to premature wear on the front and rear.

First set I was at factory height, other sets when I lowered 20mm on KW HAS.

I updated my K-Mac Camber Kit thread a day or two ago after having run it for a year now.

Pictures of of the front and rear tyre wear is pretty much even across the tread with plenty of life left in them.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Oh, front camber -1.5 degrees, rear camber -1 degrees.

this sucks! Doesn’t Mercedes make a non adjustable bushing for much cheaper that corrects about 1 degree in the rear? Also, how hard was the install for these kits?

Last edited by DanielAMG; 10-05-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S

this sucks! Doesn’t Mercedes make a non adjustable bushing for much cheaper that corrects about 1 degree in the rear? Also, how hard was the install for these kits?
Not sure.