Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by Mggggrossman
Actually if you leave the key fob in the car too long without starting the car the fob will become deactivated unfortunately the Mercedes’ folks couldn’t tell me how long 3 minutes or 2 hours plenty of time for someone to start the car and steal it . Oh and btw if you ever start the car and inadvertently drive off leaving the key fob on the floor of your garage you be stuck out in the Mohave desert once you try to start the car and realize it lets you drive the car once started but the fob does not have to be with the vehicle . Happened to me in the desert 120 degree heat 2 dogs sent a letter to ya Schultz in Germany never got a response . Sat in my friends suv I thinks it a Lexus at least the car says please don’t forget your key warning warning the Mercedes’ line blink a light on the dash that’s easily missed no voice or anything .
there is so much info in this post that is BS and WRONG good lord !!

You writing a science fiction novel ?

Old 11-13-2021, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you spent less time running around naked this is America you don’t have to read it thank you
Well why not stop posting BS then.

or maybe your trolling from lexus forums …

Old 11-13-2021, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Get a life skank
hahaha i have one remember - running around naked was it ?

Old 11-15-2021, 11:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
C63
Get a life skank
you just joined, 7 posts and already with the name calling starts. Dude, go away-and does your mommy know you are in the basement on her laptop again?
Old 11-15-2021, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by I_love_ICE
you just joined, 7 posts and already with the name calling starts. Dude, go away-and does your mommy know you are in the basement on her laptop again?
Dont worry about the troll...

Its obvious he/she/it/him/her/what ever , doesnt own a Benz, otherwise they would know 10000% of what they said was complete BS. MB has way more safty functions in place on the remote key, keyless, etc that makes sure crap like that doesnt happen.
More so, if your car is already running, and it doesnt detect the car, as soon as you put your foot on brake , it will shutoff if key is not present.

and on and on and on.. that system cross checks itself more then anything, and the KEY FOB never "dies" or "sleeps" unless the battery is dead... on the flip side, our cars go into SLEEP mode after 15-20 mins or so, if it doesnt detect the key etc.. it starts to shut down all the sensors etc etc.. but they awaken as soon as key is detected again.

What a tool !
Old 11-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Some posts deleted. No need to get personal.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Actually if you leave the key fob in the car too long without starting the car the fob will become deactivated unfortunately the Mercedes’ folks couldn’t tell me how long 3 minutes or 2 hours plenty of time for someone to start the car and steal it . Oh and btw if you ever start the car and inadvertently drive off leaving the key fob on the floor of your garage you be stuck out in the Mohave desert once you try to start the car and realize it lets you drive the car once started but the fob does not have to be with the vehicle . Happened to me in the desert 120 degree heat 2 dogs sent a letter to ya Schultz in Germany never got a response . Sat in my friends suv I thinks it a Lexus at least the car says please don’t forget your key warning warning the Mercedes’ line blink a light on the dash that’s easily missed no voice or anything .
Since the car listed in your profile doesn't exist it would help other members to mention which exact model and year Mercedes you have. The helps with understanding hardware behavior and functionality. Thanks
Old 11-16-2021, 01:52 AM

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by FLC63s
More so, if your car is already running, and it doesnt detect the car, as soon as you put your foot on brake , it will shutoff if key is not present.
This I didn't know. Always wondered what would happened if I drove off without the key. Learned something new.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dctwc63s
This I didn't know. Always wondered what would happened if I drove off without the key. Learned something new.
Of course different models and years deal with this is some form or fashion, and I am not addressing ALL years / models / software reversions etc..

But when this poster @Mggggrossman starting talking BS , I had to step in..

With that being said, you can test this, start your car, take your keys inside and come back out, you will hear your car BEEPING, CHIMING at you non stop, as well have a message on the dash in ALL RED.. cant miss it. (KEY NOT DETECTED)
now, all current software versions, should turn off engine once you press the brake to shift into gear from PARK.

Now , people can argue, many many scenarios etc, but lets keep this simple, since the only reason its more of a topic is due to someone posting about something they clearly have no clue about, more so they own a 2020 CLK 300 <- ? WTF is that ?
I called him out on the fact that they stopped making CLK's in 2009, and never heard of a 300 , and more so......

So , getting passed the TROLLs comments and sad stories, The systems were designed to prevent this from happening, now, is there a way around it, and can you make it happen ? ( YES ) , but then that is being an IDIOT in general and you deserve to be stuck in the desert in 120 degrees.

Old 11-16-2021, 12:53 PM

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Of course different models and years deal with this is some form or fashion, and I am not addressing ALL years / models / software reversions etc..

But when this poster @Mggggrossman starting talking BS , I had to step in..

With that being said, you can test this, start your car, take your keys inside and come back out, you will hear your car BEEPING, CHIMING at you non stop, as well have a message on the dash in ALL RED.. cant miss it. (KEY NOT DETECTED)
now, all current software versions, should turn off engine once you press the brake to shift into gear from PARK.

Now , people can argue, many many scenarios etc, but lets keep this simple, since the only reason its more of a topic is due to someone posting about something they clearly have no clue about, more so they own a 2020 CLK 300 <- ? WTF is that ?
I called him out on the fact that they stopped making CLK's in 2009, and never heard of a 300 , and more so......

So , getting passed the TROLLs comments and sad stories, The systems were designed to prevent this from happening, now, is there a way around it, and can you make it happen ? ( YES ) , but then that is being an IDIOT in general and you deserve to be stuck in the desert in 120 degrees.
I know the non stop chiming and dash message when the keys aren't in the car when started, just didn't know about the car shutting off once you step on the brakes without the key. Will try it tomorrow if I can remember.

2020 clk 300 must be a super rare one off lol... I'd also like some of what ever he is smoking
Old 09-06-2022, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350
So, I stumbled on this doing some searching to add Mercedes Me to my 2009 E350, and this post went off the rails... Just chiming in, I have Keyless Go on my car, being a 2009 it's the early version that has the start button on the shift knob and the push to start button won't work in the ignition key spot. I just went to my car, started it with the button, got out and put the key aside, went back to the car and drove off without the key. There was a brief notification on the dash display that lasted only a few seconds and went right back to normal after that.

There's a bunch of you here (@FLC63s) that seem to assume based on your experience that something is only the way you've seen it, when you're in fact wrong and attack someone who's trying to leave some helpful advice.

It's easy to drive off in some early keyless-go equipped cars without a key in the car, leaving yourself stranded when you turn the car off when you get to where you're going. In all the assumed wisdom Mercedes has and how focused on safety everyone thinks they are, shortcuts can happen and user mistakes can be overlooked. While some can argue that it's a life safety issue of not being able to start your car when you need to in some cases, it's the same as if you have a dead battery. Driving off without the key was probably not a supper high safety priority when they added Keyless-go to an already in production platform.

Now, to what I came here for, does anybody with an 2009ish car have the adapter and what can you do with it on the earlier cars? Where in the US did you buy it and is there really no subscription fee?
Old 09-07-2022, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
techie1298, some info:

3G Network Sunset | Mercedes-Benz USA (mbusa.com)