Sponsored by:

Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS53
Mercedes Me Connect

Hey all, the Mercedes Me app has recently been activated here in Australia with a rollout supposedly happening 2nd quarter of this year (according to media reports). I’ve got a 2019 C63S on the way and have been told by the dealer that this vehicle won’t be compatible and will need the adaptor. Seems odd based on a new car and the US/Canadian markets having it built into their 2019 C class. Has anyone else from Australia been told anything about their vehicles and if they’re going to be compatible?
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,901 Likes on 2,610 Posts
2019 C63CS
Sorry, not in Australia, but which app specifically? Your title says one thing and your text something else. There are two apps. Mercedes Me and Mercedes Me Connect. The latter is new for 2019 models and newer. The Mercedes Me app is for 2018 and older. The online platform has changed. Used to be mBrace for the older COMAND systems, now it's Mercedes Me Connect and has an all new app. As I'm expecting my car soon I added my VIN to my MB account, and the Mercedes Me app told me that I need to download the Mercedes Me Connect app for the vehicle remote features. I've got everything setup, but the services will have to be activated by the dealer first once the car actually gets here. At the moment both apps say pending VIN verification.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C63S coupe
Hi. check your order sheet for the following codes

08U. preinstall vehicle setup
09U preinstall vehicle monitoring
12U. preinstall concierge service
The following users liked this post:
csh_au (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi. check your order sheet for the following codes

08U. preinstall vehicle setup
09U preinstall vehicle monitoring
12U. preinstall concierge service
Probably also

15U Mercedes-Benz Link Pre-Installation
Old 03-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS53
Originally Posted by superswiss
Sorry, not in Australia, but which app specifically? Your title says one thing and your text something else. There are two apps. Mercedes Me and Mercedes Me Connect. The latter is new for 2019 models and newer. The Mercedes Me app is for 2018 and older. The online platform has changed. Used to be mBrace for the older COMAND systems, now it's Mercedes Me Connect and has an all new app. As I'm expecting my car soon I added my VIN to my MB account, and the Mercedes Me app told me that I need to download the Mercedes Me Connect app for the vehicle remote features. I've got everything setup, but the services will have to be activated by the dealer first once the car actually gets here. At the moment both apps say pending VIN verification.
Apologies for the confusion. Only one app here in Australia and its called ‘Mercedes Me’. Mercedes Me Connect seems so the the name of the service to connect to the app on the Australian Website - https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/pas...me.module.html
Old 03-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS53
Originally Posted by superswiss
Probably also

15U Mercedes-Benz Link Pre-Installation
Thanks, will check.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by csh_au
Apologies for the confusion. Only one app here in Australia and its called ‘Mercedes Me’. Mercedes Me Connect seems so the the name of the service to connect to the app on the Australian Website - https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/pas...me.module.html
I see. Yes, judging from the screenshots, this is the same app as the Mercedes Me Connect app here. I'm guessing you never got the old Mercedes Me app, so the name was still available in your market. Basically for us, the remote connect features for 2019 moved out of the old Mercedes Me app into the new Mercedes Me Connect app, so as long as you have the corresponding options listed above in your car, you should be good to go.

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Have any of you guys experienced the issue where Mercedes Me works online perfectly fine through desktop browser but in the app everything is listed as "not enabled" and pops up "Service not activated Please activate the service on the Mercedes me portal. It may take a few minutes or the app to update"

I've checked many times and all services are activated, and I accepted T&Cs a while ago I thought (and by virtue of it showing stats and letting me login online it should be fine). (Confirmed the T&Cs - both checkboxes for the Mercedes me connect/smart control services; and the additional ToU for Nuance have been accepted)

The iPhone app does show odometer/fuel tank capacity/distance to empty though... so it's definitely connecting, but just can't do anything else?

Last edited by JaCe88; 07-16-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:08 AM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
If the App is as useless in Australia as it is in the US, you aren't missing much.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by JaCe88
Have any of you guys experienced the issue where Mercedes Me works online perfectly fine through desktop browser but in the app everything is listed as "not enabled" and pops up "Service not activated Please activate the service on the Mercedes me portal. It may take a few minutes or the app to update"

I've checked many times and all services are activated, and I accepted T&Cs a while ago I thought (and by virtue of it showing stats and letting me login online it should be fine). (Confirmed the T&Cs - both checkboxes for the Mercedes me connect/smart control services; and the additional ToU for Nuance have been accepted)

The iPhone app does show odometer/fuel tank capacity/distance to empty though... so it's definitely connecting, but just can't do anything else?
This is my experience in the US. I had the same issue as above during the first one week, where I was asked to turn-on/activate the same set of services multiple times. It went away after roughly a week I think. Sometimes it kept asking for my address over and over again.

Even now, the app and/or the desktop browser website both are pretty unreliable. I have found that in Pacific Time Zone, mornings have been more reliable than afternoons or evenings. I feel their software infrastructure for hosting this service is pretty lame and poorly designed. Sometimes only the basic information is displayed (odometer, fuel, etc.) but other features like location, Geofencing, etc. don't work.

Even geofencing notifications only work 80% of the time. I feel that the reliability of this service and the features supported are a real joke, and Mercedes should just invest some of their profits into building a better version of this service.

As I'm tying I get a 500 error saying that the webpage cannot be opened in my browser.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 129 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Well, for a great majority of us, it works just fine. So it can't be the app or the software. So that leaves either your phone or the hermes module in your car.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:52 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by rustybear3
Well, for a great majority of us, it works just fine. So it can't be the app or the software. So that leaves either your phone or the hermes module in your car.
Your car starts reliably every time you use the remote start?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:58 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by rustybear3
Just for proof, here is the server error that I just saw when I opened the webpage in my desktop browser when I was typing my previous post a few mins ago.

Like I mentioned the basic info display (that is shown in the phone app's main page as well) works during a good share of the attempts. But any of the nested menu options work less reliably. Also the desktop web browser page offers a little more functionality (eg. Geofencing) than the mobile app does. Configuration of Geofencing, speed limit alerts, etc. are very unreliable. It works during certain hours of the day better in my experience.

Last edited by Tuxdude; 07-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
I have a 2018 C43 Coupe. I needed the Mercedes Me Adapter to get it to work. Being that it is only Bluetooth, you don't get any of the remote locking/engine start type features. You do get a few extra gauges and the app logs trips that you drive which might be useful for business. I think the novelty will wear off pretty quickly. I don't believe the W205 in Australia has the relevant 3G hardware fitted due to some issue with 3G coverage and Telstra. You never know, it might be in your new car. My wife has a new A35 with every option available, but we still haven't managed to get the Mercedes Me app to work with her car. I think Mercedes might be lagging behind a bit on these features. It doesn't help that Mercedes-Benz Australia are a bunch of clueless idiots!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 129 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by bob_ham
Your car starts reliably every time you use the remote start?
It does when I use it, but being garaged it's not that often. I use it primarily for sending directions to the NAV which it does flawlessly.

All the info functions, doors locked or unlocked, trip MPG, geo fencing, air pressure, gas and all the other "info" functions work every time as well.

In the very beginning, some of us in the USA had some problems, but software updates took care of that.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:57 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I have never successfully sent directions to the NAV despite trying, I have no geofencing option other than the valet option which sucks, and 2/3 attempts to start the car fail. Maybe it's the car, maybe it's the phone, who knows...
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I can definitely say that the web page not loading in my browser and returning a 500 error code has got nothing to do with the car.

I haven't tested the send location to Nav feature. With geofencing, it alerts 80% of the time when entering/leaving the zones but I've missed the alerts at least like 8 to 10 times.

I live in an area with pretty good cell signal coverage with all the big operators - AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile, not sure which one they use. It could be the car's Hermes module or something in the 2019 models or quite a lot of pieces involved in this infrastructure, but just seeing multiple people complaining about the same set of issues just indicates the poor service infrastructure from Mercedes for something that has been solved by many companies in a much reliable fashion over the last few years.

I write software to build distributed systems and web services as a full time job, may be that's why in my personal opinion it looks like a poor implementation of a solution from Mercedes such a simple problem.

Of course I love driving the car and all mechanical and performance aspects of the car, mostly no complaints there. Just being critical about things which are bad in my experience.

Last edited by Tuxdude; 07-19-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:02 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I was in a total cellular dead zone earlier today and wished I had a way to remote start my car because of how hot it was, but MB's reliance on this App and refusal to give us a simple key-fob starter like nearly every other make/model made that a non-option. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by bob_ham
I was in a total cellular dead zone earlier today and wished I had a way to remote start my car because of how hot it was, but MB's reliance on this App and refusal to give us a simple key-fob starter like nearly every other make/model made that a non-option. Frustrating to say the least.
Maybe it's just me, but if you are standing close enough to the car that the key fob signal reaches it you might as well just walk over to it and start it, no? Alternately hold the unlock button to lower the windows and open the sunroof, and if so equip turn on the driver seat ventilation, to at least let the hot air escape before you get in it and start letting the seat cool down.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-19-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:28 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I can keyfob start my truck, it stay locked and running, and I can keep doing whatever I need. Leaving the keys in the car with it running, or the windows down, may not be the most advisable activity depending on where the vehicle is... Plenty of stories of people leaving their car running for just a minute and coming out of wherever they are to find it missing.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:26 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I never knew about MercedesME, but registered last month and it's not AMAZING, but for FREE, it's pretty cool. I have a 2017 C63 AMG Sedan. I can see where my car is located at any time, start the car remotely with my i-phone, unlock and lock buttons, you can set and receive alerts if a speed you chose is surpassed, set Valet parameters, and also see the route your car traveled in the last 24 hours which I used to see where the dealer drove my car when they were fixing Wind Noise. They drove it longer than I thought and you could see with a Line everywhere they drove, pretty cool. So for FREE, it's not bad. The App Store Reviews are like 2 1/2 Stars

I saw another version online somewhere when I was surfing the web a few days back, that MercedesMe had a bunch more features like all kinds of maintenance history and current settings, like oil life, air filters, brake fluid level, etc. I assumed that was the New 2019/2020 version that only works for the newer Mercedes.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-19-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit
I never knew about MercedesME, but registered last month and it's not AMAZING, but for FREE, it's pretty cool. I have a 2017 C63 AMG Sedan. I can see where my car is located at any time, start the car remotely with my i-phone, unlock and lock buttons, you can set and receive alerts if a speed you chose is surpassed, set Valet parameters, and also see the route your car traveled in the last 24 hours which I used to see where the dealer drove my car when they were fixing Wind Noise. They drove it longer than I thought and you could see with a Line everywhere they drove, pretty cool. So for FREE, it's not bad. The App Store Reviews are like 2 1/2 Stars

I saw another version online somewhere when I was surfing the web a few days back, that MercedesMe had a bunch more features like all kinds of maintenance history and current settings, like oil life, air filters, brake fluid level, etc. I assumed that was the New 2019/2020 version that only works for the newer Mercedes.
The PRE 2019 version was/is called MBrace , and it has multiple features:
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/mbrace

The main ones I use on mine are actually the concierge and the roadside assistance in the Secure package.

The Mercedes me (USA) is for pre 2019 models

The Mercedes me connect (USA) is for 2019 +
Old 09-22-2019, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S, 997S, 911SC, EVO X
Ive got it working in Australia.
The vehicle tracking is pretty cool. Its a nice feature once it is working properly as there are massive delays.
I get notifications for things at night for events from the morning.

FYI guys- I have some steering issues on the 19 I am raising with Mercedes Australia. Dealer confirmed the issue (or so called feature) is on other 19 plated C63s as well.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:54 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by Blitz168
FYI guys- I have some steering issues on the 19 I am raising with Mercedes Australia. Dealer confirmed the issue (or so called feature) is on other 19 plated C63s as well.
Do share more details of the steering issue when you learn more and what they are doing to fix it. Is it the same electric steering wheel issue (there was another thread I believe) where the steering was not resetting back to the neutral position after the turn by itself without requiring some additional effort?
Old 11-12-2021, 08:18 PM

Clk300
Actually if you leave the key fob in the car too long without starting the car the fob will become deactivated unfortunately the Mercedes’ folks couldn’t tell me how long 3 minutes or 2 hours plenty of time for someone to start the car and steal it . Oh and btw if you ever start the car and inadvertently drive off leaving the key fob on the floor of your garage you be stuck out in the Mohave desert once you try to start the car and realize it lets you drive the car once started but the fob does not have to be with the vehicle . Happened to me in the desert 120 degree heat 2 dogs sent a letter to ya Schultz in Germany never got a response . Sat in my friends suv I thinks it a Lexus at least the car says please don’t forget your key warning warning the Mercedes’ line blink a light on the dash that’s easily missed no voice or anything .
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (11-13-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me Connect