Selenite Grey Metallic with matte wrap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 06:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
selenite gray magno - no filter --- OEM paint, no wrap or PPF

The following 2 users liked this post by djprov431:
sno (05-03-2022), ToyzRUskid (05-12-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 08:32 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
997.2TTS
anyone on this?

Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
suntek matte vs xpel stealth... any noticeable or known differences between the two in terms of how satin or dull each one tends to be?

see both examples here in this thread, but can't quite make out differences via photos.
it may be due to different lighting conditions, but the suntek appears more non-reflective matte whilst the xpel is slightly more reflective pearl satin.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:38 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
C63 amg edition 1
I have selenite grey under, but Mine is wrapped battleship grey which is a matte . I get complimented everywhere I go 🤷‍♂️ To each their own.

Last edited by domjansson; 05-06-2022 at 10:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by domjansson:
djprov431 (05-13-2022), ToyzRUskid (05-12-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 09:54 PM

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by BL4DE
Thanks, they're 305/30s
Nice tire fitments.. What do you have on the front? And are you using spacers?
Old 05-07-2022, 12:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 c63s coupe
For those thinking about XPEL stealth PPF. I had mine installed on my edition 1 2017 coupe which comes with the selenite magno paint. I tried to do tons of research about how the film would affect the paint in the long run, how it would hold up over time, and especially what would happen when trying to remove the film from the magno paint. Well, although I couldn’t find any of that info out on the web, I had the unfortunate luck of getting side swiped. Now I had the film installed as soon as I bought the car in 2016. So that puts the film at 5.5 years old when the incident happened, and I had the entire car wrapped. There was no way to do paintless dent repair, therefore the body shop had me remove the film along the entire driver’s side panels. Much to my surprise there was NO ISSUE having the shop who placed the film to take it off. It did take several hours for them to take it off, and it didn’t come off super easy, however they were able to do it without messing up the paint. Even the vinyl stickers on the side of the door remained intact and were unharmed! I’m debating about placing new film over the new paint job which also came out really good. Surprisingly you can’t tell very easily where there is film and where the repair job was done. Keep in mind that the paint was blended at the front and rear quarter panels as the damage done was to the rear of the door and extended to the front of the rear wheel well of the rear quarter panel. My concerns is that the film has a 10 year warranty. Therefore 2/3 of the car has “old film”. So when will I need to remove that part of the film so that it can still be done before damage is caused in removing it. I guess that’s the million dollar question. Do I leave the drivers side ‘naked’, or spend the $2k on having it replaced with new film. Would love some of your thoughts out there. But as far as the quality of the film and any fears of “can it be removed’, I can tell you from my personal experience, this stuff is great! Have no regrets in having put it on. I even had an incident where a large bed frame made of wood and metal, which was leaning on the garage door fell against the hood when the door was accidentally opened. Yes, a very minor dent, but the film was barely scratched. This stuff is amazing
Old 05-12-2022, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne GTS
I was looking for this too

I'm currently locking in an allocation for a Porsche Cayenne GTS in Quartz Metallic Grey (which I think is close to the Selenite Grey Metallic), and I wanted to see how a matte wrap would look. I love the magno paints from Mercedes, and have always wanted a matte finish. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm leaning towards getting Ceramic Pro Kavaca Matte PPF. Not seeing it mentioned here, does anyone have experience with that product?

Thanks for the thread.

Last edited by ToyzRUskid; 05-12-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:35 PM

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts
2010 BMW E63 M6 Coupe 2023 AMG C63s Coupe 2005 YZF-R1
Originally Posted by mars c63s
Nice tire fitments.. What do you have on the front? And are you using spacers?
I’m running the same size rears on my coupe. 265/35’s on the front. Stock rims, no spacers.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE, Tesla Model S
Did the Matte PPF affect parking sensor? On my dad's EQS, we had to cut out holes in the Stek Clear PPF for the parking sensor because it affected the function of the parking sensor.

I ordered an EQE in Selenite Grey Metallic, I would like to apply Stek Matte PPF on it. I worry that if we need cut out for the parking sensor, the original metallic shinny color will be exposed and making the matte wrap look a bit odd...

Originally Posted by phoenixblue
Of course, right after I made this post, I found the very thing I was looking for. Posting images below from a Facebook post (won't let me directly link for some reason) for others who may be in the same boat as me. Looks great in my opinion. I don't know if I'd be able to tell that apart from a factory magno selenite, unless perhaps if they're parked side to side.

Here is a E63s Selenite Grey Metallic converted to matte via Xpel Stealth PPF wrap by Elevated Auto in Toronto: