Race mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by pushemekuratz
There was a thread a while ago where they dyno tested the difference between S+ and Race.

Apparently Race mode gives an additional 10-15 hp.
Is this real? Couldn't find the thread.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C63s Edition 1 JB4
Originally Posted by crazy1eye
FL = Face Lift

Pre, 2015 - 2018
Post, 2019+
hahaha

Got it!
Old 04-24-2019, 04:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S
Hey guys, so i have the 2019 c63s. The exhaust only crackle in sports plus or race mode. And it only produce more than 375 hp in race mode. when I set my individual settings to same as sports plus or race the exhaust doesnt pop or crackle. And it doesnt go higher than 375 hp in any mode other than race... Also in race mode the automatic gear changing is more responsive for example if i accelerate slowly in sports plus the car only up shift to next gear when rpm is higher than 3500. if i hold the rpm below 3500 it wont shift until like a few seconds after. But thats not the case in race mode it will shift to next if it doesnt detect rapid acceleration, it wont hold at certain rpm until the you pass the 3500 or 4000 or wait for a few second. if that makes sense, in a way it actually much smoother and smarter when auto shifting. Some ppl had said in race mode its manual assisted auto but thats not mycase.

Does anyone have an explaination? Im worried something is wrong with the car and the aervice rep is just fking around woth me cuz i complained about the bad service i recieved from them. Being my car was there for two weeks for misfire problem with out any follow up calls and I had to call them. And they told me oh we fixed the problem the day you dropped off. and 2nd time left there for a week for the same issue, no follow up calls either until i called them and they said oh we couldnt find any problem and your car is ready for pick up. And when i went to pick it up the engine light was still on lol. 3rd time left there for a week to get the unfinished rim (not polished and on the back side) along with rear diff fluid change. No follow up call until i called them back. lol saying the car is ready for pick up and when i went there and check they didnt fix the rim. Now i just feel like the service rep is fking witb me and doesnt want to help me with problems i have on the car.

Oh and also in race mode is there really a difference in the ESP comparing to other mode? Cause to get to sports handling mode i have to press and hold the ESP to get in the sports handling mode. And whats the difference between ESP off (just one press) vs ESP sports handling mode(press and hold)?

I apogize for this long *** comment. Thanks a lot brothers.

Last edited by seek3n; 04-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
esp off is press and hold for at least 3 secs
esp sport on or off (ie regular ) is a click of the button.
not traction control settings are different in comfort , sport and sport plus . comfort is the highest , sport plus allows plenty of play while sport handling mode is the most fun

in race mode you can turn esp out of sport handling mode I believe.

I drive in race mode all the time , only when going fast on the motorway I'll go with sport plus mode or if it is raining really heavily and there is standing water, I'll stick it in comfort or sport and slow down.

For carving up windy roads , race mode is great. I've got an estate c63s so the front /back weight balance is pretty much bang on 50 50 so the car slides in a very neutral manner. my e46 m3 has a sensor issue so has no dsc etc until I bother to get it fixed so it is traction control off for me in that car permanently. my only tip for sport handling mode is keep the suspension in at least sport or sport plus. Also get to know your car and its limits. Race mode is great because it allows you to drift really nicely. sport plus allows controlled slides but not enough play as race mode which allows you to steer out of a slide yourself which is where the joy is at ...

Last edited by right_mr; 04-24-2019 at 06:45 AM.