C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear bumper flic install- what am I missing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 c63
Rear bumper flic install- what am I missing?

So, finally decided to pull my finger out and start fitting the edition 1 and 2019 facelift bits I’ve had laying around for 4-5 months.

Thought I’d start with the rear flics. Quick job for an evening. I have read all the install threads on here so was pretty confident.

Opened up my brand new from merc flics expecting 4 parts to find they are one piece and the tape i was expecting to use is already been used? I pondered if they had been returned but the Matt vinyl is In place and you couldn’t remove the tape film without taking off this film?

So, my questions are.

Do do I cut the tape and make it 2 piece. I have done this on one already but not sure what it adds?

If if I do and then screw the base in do I remove the original grill in the insert? If I do how do you line up the inner piece.

Would it be easier to use some black grip stuff and just stick the flic to the original grill already in place therefore meaning if I wanted to removed the whole grill could be popped out?

How do you get the one grill out?

Last edited by NJ 1161; 04-10-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:36 PM

2018 c63
Any advise on this one? First error I’ve realised Ive made is removing the matt black film. I now see this should stay. I’ve tried using double sided tape but didn’t take. Do you leave the original grill in or remove?

I now am thinking about stripping the part down completely and only using the flic with the original mesh grill as this would look much nicer. Anyone done this?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:43 AM

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts
C63s
As far as I know you need to disassemble the whole rear bumper
Old 04-29-2019, 02:53 PM

2018 c63
Originally Posted by japamg
As far as I know you need to disassemble the whole rear bumper
Agree, think bumper removal to fit Oem style. Thought a few people had retro fitted without.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by NJ 1161
Agree, think bumper removal to fit Oem style. Thought a few people had retro fitted without.
The aftermarket part can be installed without remove the bumper because it just a snap it. The OEM look like it a screw on type which will need to remove the bumper. It a lot of work to remove the bumper require 2 people. I would just install it with double side tape or epoxy it and be done.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:58 PM

2018 c63
Originally Posted by Klinh
The aftermarket part can be installed without remove the bumper because it just a snap it. The OEM look like it a screw on type which will need to remove the bumper. It a lot of work to remove the bumper require 2 people. I would just install it with double side tape or epoxy it and be done.
This is the thing. I tried double sided taping and couldn’t get to sit well and securely, plus I didn’t think with he inner bit it looked great. Wasn’t sure if people removed the original inner grill or taped to this?
Old 05-02-2019, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
How about remove the Oem cover. Then screw flic onto the cover then snap the cover back into the bumper. Btw, does anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket one. I bought one on EBay from US with the Matte color C63s coupe useful as a model. I even emailed the seller to make sure it would fit my car and he said yes. Then I got the part and it didn’t fit because it for the sedan model only.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:59 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh
How about remove the Oem cover. Then screw flic onto the cover then snap the cover back into the bumper. Btw, does anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket one. I bought one on EBay from US with the Matte color C63s coupe useful as a model. I even emailed the seller to make sure it would fit my car and he said yes. Then I got the part and it didn’t fit because it for the sedan model only.
Did you end up installing these? I too ordered a CF set from Ebay after confirming that it will fit a coupe. However, they dont really sit secured. The bottom part moves as the piece doesnt fully touch the bumper to stick throughout. Is that the problem you faced? Trying to figure out if thats just how these are or if I too got one that isnt suitable for the coupe.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts
C63s
You need to remove the rear bumper