Sponsored by:

Stage 2 Coming Soon! Loving this car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 GT63S
Stage 2 Coming Soon! Loving this car

So after a bit of a tow hitch setup debacle with my GLC63S I decided to move over to the coupe and give up on towing. Couldn't be happier. Loving this thing more and more everyday and just now finally got over the 1000 mile break in period. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on owners of coupe and seeing how they like certain mods vs others. While social media can be a drag it sure is helpful when doing research, especially on a car that cost this much.

The biggest item for me with mods was warranty. All the mustangs I've modded over the years never gave me an issue but then again weren't terrible expensive to replace broken parts, even motors which are available in big numbers, the AMG however not the same case. So while I probably (wait, absolutely) paid more by having my dealer do anything I have piece of mind that if it blows up they'll be footing the bill and not me. So went with stage 1 to start. What a difference a tune makes. I also threw on the cold air boost kit from UPD which I think works pretty good. Definitely feels good on the butt dyno and certainly flows better than stock filters so I'm ok with that.

Next is down pipes and stage 2 tune from the dealer again. They are doing all the work, ordering the parts and doing all the tuning. I'm also doing lowering springs, again through them so they will ensure it's setup properly and aligned and done right. Also have a set of 20" Vorsteiner VF-112's on the way with Michelin 4S's in 265/295 sizes which should look and ride amazing. Hoping to have all this done by the end of this week early next week.

Then off to the Dyno and see what it does and maybe a few passes at the local dragstrip while the evening weather is still somewhat cool here in FL, otherwise it's just hot, humid and nasty out which is not super friendly for Turbo cars.

Anyone dyno there C63S with that setup on 93 octane? Curious to know what to expect. On 91 I've seen some videos of 525rwhp and insane tq, I would think a bit more on 93 more like mid 5's or higher with good gas. I've had few run ins (in Mexico of course) with an SRT8, RS3, Heavily modded STI, Mustang with easy wins, Chasing down the new Z06 however needs a bit more power and have yet to run into a Hellcat, hoping stage 2 should make those a bit more interesting.

Last edited by PhantomX2K; 04-22-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
Who's tune did your dealership put on the car?
Old 04-22-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
is this a C63s Or A GLC63s I'm confused...and what tune is the dealer installing??
Old 04-22-2019, 05:54 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Wait, dealers tune our cars!?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:50 PM

2019 GT63S
This is a tune from C2. Chris has been tuning cars for probably 15 yrs now. According to my guy at the dealer it's the only tune the Mercedes techs are authorized to install to keep the warranty. That could be a line of course but the MB techs did install the tune from there servers and then installed the MB diagnostic machine and tested everything afterward. They are also ordering and installing the downpipes and the springs.

I traded the GLC for the C63S Coupe

Yes at least my dealer does here in FL.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 c63s
Originally Posted by PhantomX2K
This is a tune from C2. Chris has been tuning cars for probably 15 yrs now. According to my guy at the dealer it's the only tune the Mercedes techs are authorized to install to keep the warranty. That could be a line of course but the MB techs did install the tune from there servers and then installed the MB diagnostic machine and tested everything afterward. They are also ordering and installing the downpipes and the springs.

I'm also in Florida, and which dealership is this?
Very curious about this, do you know how much they asking for tune+downpipes?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I've heard of dealerships offering tunes through partnerships with tuning houses, but never doing their own tune AND promising to keep the OEM factory warranty. Not to be a debbie downer, but you should get it in writing that the dealer will uphold your OEM warranty in the off chance something goes wrong and you need some drive-line components replaced (highly unlikely). I'd double check with the SA. I have pre paid maintenance till 50K miles, so I flash to stock with at home with EC's handheld tool before taking it in to the dealer.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:24 AM

2019 GT63S
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I've heard of dealerships offering tunes through partnerships with tuning houses, but never doing their own tune AND promising to keep the OEM factory warranty. Not to be a debbie downer, but you should get it in writing that the dealer will uphold your OEM warranty in the off chance something goes wrong and you need some drive-line components replaced (highly unlikely). I'd double check with the SA. I have pre paid maintenance till 50K miles, so I flash to stock with at home with EC's handheld tool before taking it in to the dealer.
I would have to go look on my receipt which is the same receipt I get for any other work at the dealer and this is the dealers specialty counter just for aftermarket performance parts and service. They say they'll cover it I'm good with that. I know that I need to take it into that dealer for service so if anything were to go wrong they know what to do and what Mercedes needs to ensure the factory warranty stays intact. I'm perfectly fine letting my dealership manage that process. How they do it or who's palm they greased at MBUSA i'm perfectly fine with as long as if i need it they take care of it. Not all dealers are willing to do that, this one is super high volume, they sell a lot of cars so I'm sure they get a little latitude.

@DaRuzzian it's Mercedes of Tampa just ask for Jaleel. The price won't be cheap though because it is warrantied my guess for Stage 2, Downpipes and install about $8k. Stage 1 tune from them is $2800 if you just want to go that route. Tunes are provided by C2 and so far the car runs like a beast when your on it and completely normal when your not. He provides them with regular revisions to the tunes as well to stay current with the latest stuff that's out. Thy also do custom wheels and tires, lowering, etc.

I just like the fact that it's all done by the dealer by certified techs, they have a record of everything done and I can easily take it to them for service with no issues. I'm lucky that my dealer offers that in this area, most dealers won't take the risk. You pay a bit more for that but to me it's worth the piece of mind. Not saying that Weistech won't buy you a new motor if there tune blows it up, or Eurocharged but I just won't put my faith in that (if they even offer a drive train warranty).
Old 04-23-2019, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Sounds similar to MB dealers that were offering Renntech ECU tunes in-house. I inquired about it years ago and the dealer told me that the ECU warranty would still be void despite offering the tune through the dealership.

Not saying this is the case for everyone, but what a dealer tells you versus what MB Corporate tells you will vary wildly when it comes to these types of tunes. Corporate will tell you that any tune or modification to the ECU will void the ECU warranty, regardless of whether it was installed through an authorized dealer or something you flashed yourself. The dealer on the other hand will most likely continue to service your car, but if anything serious happens (turbos, engine issues), that dealer isn’t the one authorization the warranty claims and repairs... it’s corporate.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
I would have to go look on my receipt which is the same receipt I get for any other work at the dealer and this is the dealers specialty counter just for aftermarket performance parts and service. They say they'll cover it I'm good with that. I know that I need to take it into that dealer for service so if anything were to go wrong they know what to do and what Mercedes needs to ensure the factory warranty stays intact. I'm perfectly fine letting my dealership manage that process. How they do it or who's palm they greased at MBUSA i'm perfectly fine with as long as if i need it they take care of it. Not all dealers are willing to do that, this one is super high volume, they sell a lot of cars so I'm sure they get a little latitude.

@DaRuzzian it's Mercedes of Tampa just ask for Jaleel. The price won't be cheap though because it is warrantied my guess for Stage 2, Downpipes and install about $8k. Stage 1 tune from them is $2800 if you just want to go that route. Tunes are provided by C2 and so far the car runs like a beast when your on it and completely normal when your not. He provides them with regular revisions to the tunes as well to stay current with the latest stuff that's out. Thy also do custom wheels and tires, lowering, etc.

I just like the fact that it's all done by the dealer by certified techs, they have a record of everything done and I can easily take it to them for service with no issues. I'm lucky that my dealer offers that in this area, most dealers won't take the risk. You pay a bit more for that but to me it's worth the piece of mind. Not saying that Weistech won't buy you a new motor if there tune blows it up, or Eurocharged but I just won't put my faith in that (if they even offer a drive train warranty).

I can absolutely guarantee that your dealer has no deal with MBUSA to keep your factory warranty intact. If they say differently, they are lying to your face.

All your dealer is doing is out of their own pocket taking care of any warranty claims that MBUSA will void due to aftermarket modifications. By doing the deal you are describing, you are taking MBUSA out of the equation and simply having your dealership as your warranty provider. I don't know your dealership, so the decision to trust them along with your feelings on your ability to fight them on denied claims is up to you.

The only plus I can see from this type of setup is that you don't have to worry about hiding your mods from the dealer when you take it in for service. That can definitely help if you're having an issue that might be caused by the mods. No monkeying around and then having the dealer say they can't fix it because it's been modified.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:45 AM

2019 GT63S
Originally Posted by msd3075
I can absolutely guarantee that your dealer has no deal with MBUSA to keep your factory warranty intact. If they say differently, they are lying to your face.

All your dealer is doing is out of their own pocket taking care of any warranty claims that MBUSA will void due to aftermarket modifications. By doing the deal you are describing, you are taking MBUSA out of the equation and simply having your dealership as your warranty provider. I don't know your dealership, so the decision to trust them along with your feelings on your ability to fight them on denied claims is up to you.

The only plus I can see from this type of setup is that you don't have to worry about hiding your mods from the dealer when you take it in for service. That can definitely help if you're having an issue that might be caused by the mods. No monkeying around and then having the dealer say they can't fix it because it's been modified.
QUESTION? Do you work for Mercedes of Tampa? Seeing that you're not in Tampa I'm going to guess the answer to the question is "No". So you cannot say with any certainty of fact or "guarantee" that this dealer does or does not have any deal with MBUSA, and if they don't and they still figure out how to warranty it, I'm perfectly fine with that too.

Service Advisor Quote "C2 is the only manufacturer for tunes that MBUSA has allowed us to use on Mercedes Benz AMG cars, all tunes are done by certified AMG techs and tested on Mercedes diagnostic equipment to ensure safety and reliability".

Whether the dealer eats the cost or the MB Corporate backs them up it doesn't matter to me. As long as they are willing to warranty it, who pays for it on their side doesn't make a hill of beans difference. So unless you work for Mercedes or that dealership and you are intimately aware of their agreements and contracts I'm fairly confident you can't guarantee anything.

Now statistically speaking is that likely to happen, most likely not, so really it's someone just *****ting all over someone else's good fortune. I happen to know, as a matter of fact, this dealer has warrantied cars that have had issues (one having a new transmission installed) on a car that belongs to someone I know that was tuned by them. They do 3-5 of these a week and the number of failures is really pretty minimal.I would guess the same goes for Weistech or Eurocharged or any of the other big tuning houses otherwise they wouldn't take the risk if they were replacing motors and transmissions all the time.

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Sounds similar to MB dealers that were offering Renntech ECU tunes in-house. I inquired about it years ago and the dealer told me that the ECU warranty would still be void despite offering the tune through the dealership.

Not saying this is the case for everyone, but what a dealer tells you versus what MB Corporate tells you will vary wildly when it comes to these types of tunes. Corporate will tell you that any tune or modification to the ECU will void the ECU warranty, regardless of whether it was installed through an authorized dealer or something you flashed yourself. The dealer on the other hand will most likely continue to service your car, but if anything serious happens (turbos, engine issues), that dealer isn’t the one authorization the warranty claims and repairs... it’s corporate.
Years ago that may have been the case. As it was explained to me that is not the case at this dealership. I specifically asked if the motor blows up you guys fix it. The straight answer was yes.

Do all dealers off this level of service, nope. I'm fortunate enough that this is a high volume dealer (it is in FL and sits right behind Miami, which I believe is just behind Fletcher in Cali). if they get away with a bit more than others then that's just good for us folks here in Tampa.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand you have a high volume dealer that might get more perks for moving lots of cars through MBUSA, but they will never partner with outside firms especially tuning houses to tune their AMG cars. Brabus is probably the most likely tuner they would partner with but still do no, because Brabus cars come with their own warranty through Brabus and has no relation with MBGermany or MBUSA.

I don't think your dealer is lying to you about covering the repairs incase your motor blows up, or trans grenades, but if they tell you MBUSA will pick up the tab that's what they're lying to you about. Speaking from personal experience at high volume MB dealers in Chicagoland area that were "partners" with renntech and weistec. When **** hits the fan, they submit the costs to MBUSA, MBUSA will send their reps to assess the damage/warrnaty work. They find ECU and hardware modifications and they automatically flag the car and wipe their hands free. Then it's between you and your mod friendly dealer to split the tab. Speaking from personal experience on my 2014 E63.

There is no source of partnership between C2 whatever company that is and MBUSA. You should contact MBUSA directly and ask for yourself.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:04 PM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
QUESTION? Do you work for Mercedes of Tampa? Seeing that you're not in Tampa I'm going to guess the answer to the question is "No". So you cannot say with any certainty of fact or "guarantee" that this dealer does or does not have any deal with MBUSA, and if they don't and they still figure out how to warranty it, I'm perfectly fine with that too.

Service Advisor Quote "C2 is the only manufacturer for tunes that MBUSA has allowed us to use on Mercedes Benz AMG cars, all tunes are done by certified AMG techs and tested on Mercedes diagnostic equipment to ensure safety and reliability".

Whether the dealer eats the cost or the MB Corporate backs them up it doesn't matter to me. As long as they are willing to warranty it, who pays for it on their side doesn't make a hill of beans difference. So unless you work for Mercedes or that dealership and you are intimately aware of their agreements and contracts I'm fairly confident you can't guarantee anything.

Now statistically speaking is that likely to happen, most likely not, so really it's someone just *****ting all over someone else's good fortune. I happen to know, as a matter of fact, this dealer has warrantied cars that have had issues (one having a new transmission installed) on a car that belongs to someone I know that was tuned by them. They do 3-5 of these a week and the number of failures is really pretty minimal.I would guess the same goes for Weistech or Eurocharged or any of the other big tuning houses otherwise they wouldn't take the risk if they were replacing motors and transmissions all the time.

Years ago that may have been the case. As it was explained to me that is not the case at this dealership. I specifically asked if the motor blows up you guys fix it. The straight answer was yes.

Do all dealers off this level of service, nope. I'm fortunate enough that this is a high volume dealer (it is in FL and sits right behind Miami, which I believe is just behind Fletcher in Cali). if they get away with a bit more than others then that's just good for us folks here in Tampa.

Ok, well, if that's the case, I might have some oceanfront property I think you should take a look at.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:11 PM

2019 GT63S
Ahh welcome to the internet where everyone thinks they know everything. Now that were all done with the complaining about warranty work (that will probably never have to happen) lets get back on topic.

I'm super excited about getting Stage 2 and Downpipes installed, car should be a beast when it's done and look pretty good as well with new rims and suspension going on.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol man I hope you enjoy your car. It's a beast with Stage 2 and catless DPs.

Hope you never need that warranty
The following users liked this post:
jinnsound2 (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 180 Likes on 144 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
More money than brains... not to say that you have no smarts. You may be very smart... you just have more money than brains =D You could easily get stage 2 warrantied for 2 years for <$3k all said and done and NOT be flagged by MBUSA.

But as you said, it's whatever you're comfortable with. Congrats on Stage 2!! Post up vids when you get her up and running

Make sure they are using adjustable camber plates when they lower the car... otherwise you'll be changing out tires every 3k mi.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63
Of course the dealer is saying all good. When **** hits the fan, they will show their true colors
Old 04-23-2019, 06:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I understand you have a high volume dealer that might get more perks for moving lots of cars through MBUSA, but they will never partner with outside firms especially tuning houses to tune their AMG cars. Brabus is probably the most likely tuner they would partner with but still do no, because Brabus cars come with their own warranty through Brabus and has no relation with MBGermany or MBUSA.

I don't think your dealer is lying to you about covering the repairs incase your motor blows up, or trans grenades, but if they tell you MBUSA will pick up the tab that's what they're lying to you about. Speaking from personal experience at high volume MB dealers in Chicagoland area that were "partners" with renntech and weistec. When **** hits the fan, they submit the costs to MBUSA, MBUSA will send their reps to assess the damage/warrnaty work. They find ECU and hardware modifications and they automatically flag the car and wipe their hands free. Then it's between you and your mod friendly dealer to split the tab. Speaking from personal experience on my 2014 E63.

There is no source of partnership between C2 whatever company that is and MBUSA. You should contact MBUSA directly and ask for yourself.
My thoughts exactly. I tried searching "C2" in this forum and came up with zero hits outside of this thread. Why would MBUSA certify them and only them?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:04 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake

You traded a GLC63S ( was it the new 2019 ? ) for a C63S ? The 2019 GLC63S is a beast and would slaughter C63s 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile and I can't even imagine the GLC with a tune ...easy 10 second rocket