Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 01:39 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1
Got the WMI kit, looking at the install manual it appears this mod will delete the air cabin filters. I am not sure I am OK with leaving that sitting wide open under the hood. Anyone else install one yet? What did you do?

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...mi_install.pdf
That is just one way to mount the tank. Alternatively you can mount it in the trunk where there is plenty more space.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
What exactly does this jb4 do??
Old 06-23-2019, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
OMG ... search and read.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:54 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
It makes all your wildest dreams come true! And adds a bunch of horsepower.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:02 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Got the WMI kit, looking at the install manual it appears this mod will delete the air cabin filters. I am not sure I am OK with leaving that sitting wide open under the hood. Anyone else install one yet? What did you do?

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...mi_install.pdf
Don't worry, we're working on a cabin filter for this

-Payam
Old 06-26-2019, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w205 c63s
I guess we will never find out how 63S will gain with JB4
Old 06-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C63s Edition 1 JB4

I just got my WMI kit installed and I mounted it low enough that I could keep the cabin air filter.

I just need the WMI Firmware update and then ready to test, the tank is loaded with 50/50 mix and then I am ready to dyno.

Here are some pics of my install of the WMI
Old 06-26-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63S AMG
I had my JB4 installed last week at close friend's indy shop. After messing with it for an hour and a half dropping a bolt on the under tray and ripping out Map sensor 1 lock tab, I gave up. This is nothing like the install on my 335i. I could not even get the rubber shroud loose enough to adequately remove map sensor one. It took my guy 3 hrs with help from another tech to install it. Granted, this was his first time. I'd say 1 and half hours the next time. Anyways, I instantly noticed the added power pulling out of the shop. The JB4 defaults to map 1 when plugged into the ODBII port. I did not know that so I was pleasantly surprised. I played in Map 1 for a couple days then switched to map 2. Holy Crap! This thing woke the hec up! To be honest, traction is now a major concern. You'll be lighting up your rear tires in first and second and this is in sport + manual mode. Until I can mess with the boost by gear settings on the JB4 and get this thing to hook, more power is the least of my worries right now. I need to schedule a Dyno session sometime next week. I just need to find a good shop. I figured I do a run with JB4 off (Stock), one in map one ( 4 psi over stock) and another in Map 2 (5 psi over stock). Not sure if I want to try maps 3,4,5 yet. At least not before I install ethanol sensor from Fuel-it and at least know what mixture.

Last edited by AMGMessiah; 06-27-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
Usually when there are a lack of response or no data at all its because the gains haven't been what they hoped for and if they were to post them then no one would buy them . On the Bwm's they posted tons of results over time and hyped it up and sold lots ...

Originally Posted by answer223
The following users liked this post:
Go Dawgs (03-18-2021)
Old 06-26-2019, 10:42 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C3504matic
Usually when there are a lack of response or no data at all its because the gains haven't been what they hoped for and if they were to post them then no one would buy them . On the Bwm's they posted tons of results over time and hyped it up and sold lots ...

Between AMGMessiah and Vader, we should hopefully have some good dyno results soon.

Vader, I am selfishly hoping that you don’t muddle the dyno process with the methanol, or at least make sure you get clean JB4 vs base maps before turning that on, or else it will certainly skew the real world results for everyone just running JB4
Old 06-26-2019, 10:44 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by AMGMessiah
I had my JB4 installed last week at close friend's indy shop. After messing with it for an hour and a half dropping a bolt on the under tray and ripping out Map sensor 1 lock tab, I gave up. This is nothing like the install on my 335i. I could not even get the rubber shroud loose enough to adequately remove map sensor one. It took my guy 3 hrs with help from another tech to install it. Granted, this was his first time. I'd say 1 and half hours the next time. Anyways, I instantly noticed the added power pulling out of the shop. The JB4 defaults to map 1 when plugged into the ODBII port. I did not know that so I was pleasantly surprised. I played in Map 1 for a couple days then switched to map 2. Holy Crap! This thing woke the hec up! To be honest, traction is now a major concern. You'll be lighting up rear your tires in first and second and this is in sport + manual mode. Until I can mess with the boost by gear settings on the JB4 and get this thing to hook, more power is the least of my worries right now. I need to schedule a Dyno session sometime next week. I just need to find a good shop. I figured I do a run with JB4 off (Stock), one in map one ( 4 psi over stock) and another in Map 2 (5 psi over stock). Not sure if I want to try maps 3,4,5 yet. At least not before I install ethanol sensor from Fuel-it and at least know what mixture.
Ouch, that’s a shame to hear regarding the install. I had my hopes up that most of the griping was just from AMG folks that never really messed with cars lol

oh well, all the more reason why a nicely done install video from BMS would be very helpful. Last I heard, they were working on that a few months ago!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:27 AM

2018 C63S AMG
The two map sensors 1 and 3 are the most difficult. A video showing that plastic shroud fully exposing Map sensor 1,3 and what to remove to get there would be very helpful. Otherwise the online install guide is quite good. I guess if I had removed additional sensors and fasteners, I would have freed up more clearance. I just did not know which ones and I did not want to risk damaging anything and pulling too hard or forcing it. I freaked out when I dropped the bolt and ripped out the lock tab on map sensor 1 and when my lower back started aching, it was time to hang it up..lol.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:27 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by C3504matic
Just doesn't seem like that many C63S owners are in to dyno testing their cars. We've sold plenty with positive feedback.

It's easy to turn the tuning on and off and feel the difference or measure it via a dragy or track if you're so inclined too.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:32 PM

2018 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by BMS
Just doesn't seem like that many C63S owners are in to dyno testing their cars. We've sold plenty with positive feedback.

It's easy to turn the tuning on and off and feel the difference or measure it via a dragy or track if you're so inclined too.
I can relate. My former 335i made 535 rwhp and 560 rwtq modded to the gills with JB4, E60, PI, Pure Stage 2 turbo and FBO. I did not not find out till over a year later that it made that much power. I just knew it was fast..lol. With my C63s, I feel the power is there and quite similar to my former car. I am doing the dyno mainly for service to board members more than anything..and a bit of curiosity on my end. I bet if folks here chipped in for a board member to go dyno their car, you would see a ton of dyno graphs..lol.

Last edited by AMGMessiah; 06-27-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:06 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by answer223
Peak numbers will be the same as we have dyno sheets on our website. Delta will be a bit lower because the C63s makes a bit more power than a standard C63.
Gains are noticeable and our 1/4 mile runs are showing a 10mph gain trap speed, so that should speak volumes.

-Payam
Old 06-27-2019, 02:56 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by BMS
Peak numbers will be the same as we have dyno sheets on our website. Delta will be a bit lower because the C63s makes a bit more power than a standard C63.
Gains are noticeable and our 1/4 mile runs are showing a 10mph gain trap speed, so that should speak volumes.

-Payam
Payam, have you guys moved toward officially recognizing Map 2 as being a safe choice for 93 octane C63S cars? I remember in the original thread, BMS mentioned that S models were only tested with Map 1 so that was basically it as far as the recommended map to run, but that was months ago. This could also all roll into the broader topic of the product officially coming off BETA, I suppose.

Other than that, are there any other goodies you can mention that you guys are working on or are testing, that can be integrated into future firmware? I suppose WMI counts as one, but things like exhaust valve control and other toys that the OBD2 and CANBUS connections let you play with?
Old 06-27-2019, 04:52 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Payam, have you guys moved toward officially recognizing Map 2 as being a safe choice for 93 octane C63S cars? I remember in the original thread, BMS mentioned that S models were only tested with Map 1 so that was basically it as far as the recommended map to run, but that was months ago. This could also all roll into the broader topic of the product officially coming off BETA, I suppose.

Other than that, are there any other goodies you can mention that you guys are working on or are testing, that can be integrated into future firmware? I suppose WMI counts as one, but things like exhaust valve control and other toys that the OBD2 and CANBUS connections let you play with?
It's best to get a log so we can evaluate. It's hard to say because it can be different for you vs another customer who has hotter climate, in elevation, not true 93 octane etc etc.
From what we have seen map 2 is fine on 93 as well.

We're working on a few things actually. Terry would be able to tell you exactly what. I don't want to say anything I shouldn't especially prematurely. Don't want you guys to expect something, and we see that we're not able to do it in the end.
I'll tell you that the development will never stop and we're always looking for more innovative things to keep the platform moving forward.

-Payam
The following users liked this post:
ezatnova (06-27-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 11:40 PM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Is anyone looking for a Water Meth Kit. I am going in a different direction and have the kit minus the tank. Brand new in box and im willing to discount it for someone in need! PM me!!!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:10 AM

2017 C63s Edition 1 JB4
Scheduled for Dyno July 10th, too bad it’s so hot here but gotta do it! Here are my thoughts on the pulls, could use some input. What is the 1 to 1 gear ratio in these cars 3rd or 4th gear? What have others been using?

My suggested dyno pulls:

1. JB4 off, Full stock with paper filters in comfort mode
2. Stock with Race mode
3. Stock with High Flow air filters in Race Mode
4. JB M1 with Boost Reduction by gear off for all JB4 pulls
5. JB4 M2 - I’ll this be worth it on 91 oct fuel ?
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”
7. JB4 M7 WMI with settings at 5psi over stock, 60 sig scale and 9psi min boost
8. Could or should I bump it to 6 psi over stock for MAP 7? Or lower the min psi to 7 or 8?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 AM

2016 C63S
Scheduled for Dyno July 10th, too bad it’s so hot here but gotta do it! Here are my thoughts on the pulls, could use some input. What is the 1 to 1 gear ratio in these cars 3rd or 4th gear? What have others been using?

My suggested dyno pulls:

2. Stock with Race mode
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”
8. Could or should I bump it to 6 psi over stock for MAP 7? Or lower the min psi to 7 or 8?
This is great!

Couple general suggestions.

Make sure you get comfortable with how to put the car into dyno mode. Sounds simple but God forbid the shop doesn’t know how to do it, the car won’t be able to complete the tests if the traction/safety/ABS systems are going bonkers.
You must be in the Odometer home dashboard screen, not the AMG screen or any of the others before doing it.
Practice this a few times while at home so it isn’t something you’re figuring out while the shop’s clock is running! https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...tructions.html

You want 5th gear. That is 1:1 in our 7 speed.

You want the car is Manual trans setting otherwise it will kick down after you’re in 5th gear.

Let the shop know how many runs you plan on doing so they can schedule time accordingly. You’ll need a decent chunk of time for 8 runs with some changes in between.

The list looks great. #1-3 will be so nice to see, for everyone in the community.

Hopefully it’s worth doing #5 on 91 (map 2). Maybe BMS can confirm that you might just see limited additional power, and not that it’s dangerous to do?

Take lots of videos and pictures!

I may see about installing mine this weekend. I really wanted to wait and do the BMS intake at the same time but they are really delayed with no firm end in sight.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 PM

2017 C63s Edition 1 JB4
Originally Posted by ezatnova
This is great!

Couple general suggestions.

Make sure you get comfortable with how to put the car into dyno mode. Sounds simple but God forbid the shop doesn’t know how to do it, the car won’t be able to complete the tests if the traction/safety/ABS systems are going bonkers.
You must be in the Odometer home dashboard screen, not the AMG screen or any of the others before doing it.
Practice this a few times while at home so it isn’t something you’re figuring out while the shop’s clock is running! https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...tructions.html

You want 5th gear. That is 1:1 in our 7 speed.

You want the car is Manual trans setting otherwise it will kick down after you’re in 5th gear.

Let the shop know how many runs you plan on doing so they can schedule time accordingly. You’ll need a decent chunk of time for 8 runs with some changes in between.

The list looks great. #1-3 will be so nice to see, for everyone in the community.

Hopefully it’s worth doing #5 on 91 (map 2). Maybe BMS can confirm that you might just see limited additional power, and not that it’s dangerous to do?

Take lots of videos and pictures!

I may see about installing mine this weekend. I really wanted to wait and do the BMS intake at the same time but they are really delayed with no firm end in sight.
Thanks for help and advice, that is really awesome! Realized that I don’t need to worry about boost reduction by gear as I won’t be using 1,2nd gears for dyno pulls. I’ll do some practice today/tonight, i had some CEL’s this AM start up, but turned off the car, cleared them and they did not return. Seems like a very slight miss on one cyl perhaps, maybe I fouled a plug or something.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:19 PM

2016 C63S
Thanks for help and advice, that is really awesome! Realized that I don’t need to worry about boost reduction by gear as I won’t be using 1,2nd gears for dyno pulls. I’ll do some practice today/tonight, i had some CEL’s this AM start up, but turned off the car, cleared them and they did not return. Seems like a very slight miss on one cyl perhaps, maybe I fouled a plug or something.
Uh oh. Keep us posted! The thread on N54 is about a guy with misfiring and rough idle/missing. No reason for a tune on these cars to be trashing plugs. Do you know the CEL codes?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:13 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan

My suggested dyno pulls:

2. Stock with Race mode
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”
Hard to provide tuning advice without seeing the data. If things look good on map8 with a 60 additive the next stop would be a 70 additive. With WMI as BCM might also come in handy if not already equipped.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:13 AM

2017 C63s Edition 1 JB4
Originally Posted by BMS
Hard to provide tuning advice without seeing the data. If things look good on map8 with a 60 additive the next stop would be a 70 additive. With WMI as BCM might also come in handy if not already equipped.
My car sits for days at a time, so might have just been some Water/Meth vapors sitting in there and created a weird start up that messed with the computer.

The codes were:

E617
5CA3

We shall see if it starts that way today.

I do have the BCM module installed, but not really sure how I utilize it.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
My car sits for days at a time, so might have just been some Water/Meth vapors sitting in there and created a weird start up that messed with the computer.

The codes were:

E617
5CA3

We shall see if it starts that way today.

I do have the BCM module installed, but not really sure how I utilize it.
Post up the WMI JB4 logs and we can review the settings for you, if someone here hasn't already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JB4 is here!