C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncooperative Dealership Putting My Car in Unsafe Condition.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
Wow lucky you, normally I get CLA250 or GLA250 as loaner, and C300 at the best, I just expect to get a cla250 everytime for a service, lol
The guy I mentioned owns a lot of cars, including a Brabus G550 4x4, guess he's special.
Dealerships have a dedicated loaner car fleet. I doubt an AMG car is ever in that fleet. Chances are since your friend is a such a big customer, the dealership is willing to lend him on of their inventory AMG when he needs a loaner.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:17 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
I re-read the title, and it just makes me cringe. The audacity of the OP to shirk responsibility to the dealership for "putting my car in an unsafe condition" is unreal. Bottom line is that they offered a loaner, which he/she/it was apparently too good for. That nullifies any argument that the OP thinks he/she/it has. The thread is more entertaining just becuase of the responses.
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
… About a year ago I complained that the alcantara steering wheel was worn out and they replaced it via warranty with no problem. A year later I ran into the same problem along with the need for new brake pads. MBUSA approved my request under warranty for the steering wheel, but the dealership isn't letting me go through with it…
Clarify this point for me, because if the warranty work was approved by MBUSA, then on this particular point, I agree with the OP being pissed. MBUSA approved the new steering wheel (again) but the dealership won’t do the work? Not wanting to fix things under warranty is an industry wide thing, because the offsets and paybacks for warranty claims are usually not profitable for the dealer. Can they refuse to do the work, sure, but that’s pretty bad on the service side of things.

I also can say that if I showed up at the dealer and found an employee leaning against or sitting on my car, I’d probably be less than cordial about it, so I can see that being a issue.

As for the rest. Yea, I kinda have to agree with most everyone else. You come off as exceedingly entitled. You wouldn’t accept a free loaner because it was a lesser car without tints. You have personal reasons for wanting tints? Unless they are medical reasons, there is absolutely no reasonable justification to want a tinted loaner vehicle. I’ve never encountered a dealership that tinted loaner vehicles anyway, but I’m on the east coast, so maybe in places like NM, AZ, and NV that do that.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s
I guess when he doesn't hear what he wants to, it's not "worth his time".

This guy is gonna have a bad time once reality hits later in life... or maybe not. Either way, thanks for the hilarious read!
Old 04-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
Clarify this point for me, because if the warranty work was approved by MBUSA, then on this particular point, I agree with the OP being pissed. MBUSA approved the new steering wheel (again) but the dealership won’t do the work? Not wanting to fix things under warranty is an industry wide thing, because the offsets and paybacks for warranty claims are usually not profitable for the dealer. Can they refuse to do the work, sure, but that’s pretty bad on the service side of things.

I also can say that if I showed up at the dealer and found an employee leaning against or sitting on my car, I’d probably be less than cordial about it, so I can see that being a issue.

As for the rest. Yea, I kinda have to agree with most everyone else. You come off as exceedingly entitled. You wouldn’t accept a free loaner because it was a lesser car without tints. You have personal reasons for wanting tints? Unless they are medical reasons, there is absolutely no reasonable justification to want a tinted loaner vehicle. I’ve never encountered a dealership that tinted loaner vehicles anyway, but I’m on the east coast, so maybe in places like NM, AZ, and NV that do that.
Just to be clear....its a lease..not his car...
hyperion667 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Fellas, I just dropped my 17' Coupe off at the dealership for regular maintenance... and they just gave me a 2019 E300 with 280 miles on it. This is absolutely ridiculous. Who can be expected to be seen in such a jalopy!? I drive an AMG so when I drop my car off for service I fully expect to receive a comparable or better AMG loaner! They had an AMG GTC sitting in the showroom, and they didn't even have the common courtesy to offer it to me as a loaner! Also, the service rep shook my hand and greeted me when we met. Talk about RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL.

Needless to say, I won't be returning back to this STEALERship
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexZTuned:
hyperion667 (04-27-2019), skim7x (05-15-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
All this chatter to cover-up for a greasy steering wheel - and heaven forbid a "inspector" sees the tracked-out-pads+rotors... let's get emotionally goofy,.. that should throw them off the scent...
Old 04-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Also, the service rep shook my hand and greeted me when we met.
That basterd!
munis (04-30-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
When I drop mine off for service, I usually stick around for the free Starbuck and croisants, however you spell it.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I've never seen any MB dealer loan out AMG vehicles for someone driving S65AMGs or G65 AMGs, let alone some kid driving a C63. They already replaced your steering wheel once under warranty, and you want them to replace a high wear known item again? Also brakes? Since when is wear and tear items covered under any warranty or service plan? Bc I'd like to buy that plan.
As far as I know all wear and tear is covered for the first 40k km. Atleast it was for my car. My dealership replaced my brakes and rotors twice within that period for free.

I got a GLC300 for loaner though which I thought was the best thing ever. OP is your name Karen, and do you want to see a manager?
Old 04-30-2019, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by munis
As far as I know all wear and tear is covered for the first 40k km. Atleast it was for my car. My dealership replaced my brakes and rotors twice within that period for free.

I got a GLC300 for loaner though which I thought was the best thing ever. OP is your name Karen, and do you want to see a manager?
Wear and tear is exactly what it is... wear and tear. In North America, consumables (brakes, tires, steering wheel...which is ridiculous just mentioning) are not covered under the standard factory warranty. I think it’s outrageous that people think they can rip through brakes and rotors, do standing 3rd gear burnouts, wipe their greasy hands on alcantara and expect everything to be replaced with no questions asked.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E63S
Hey everyone. I’m not going to lie, looking back at it I was being unreasonable. But in my mind at the time I wasn’t happy with the fact that the dealership refused to do warranty work that MBUSA had approved and I just wasn’t well informed on how the inspection process worked.

I ended up driving the car for a bit and I ordered my parts on a website called newparts.com I believe. They’re linked directly from the brembo shop website so I placed my order with them and forgot about it. But my order never delivered and I was out about $500 and it seem like newparts is well known for ripping people off. Karma I guess.

With that out the window I made an appointment at another dealership but they couldn’t work on the car for a few more days. I went home and decided to take the steering wheel matter into my own hands so I can eliminate at least one problem. I successfully cleaned it with just lukewarm water, dish soap, a few microfiber cloths, a suede shoe brush and a hair dryer. It came out brand new and I was actually surprised. I didn’t want a new steering wheel because it’s a new steering wheel, I wanted it because of the alcantara. But after cleaning it, the alcantara is brand new. I missed a spot or two but it’s fine. The microfiber cloth was white and it came out black with all the dirt and crap that was making it flat. I could make a video showing how I did it if anyone’s interested.

Then I had the brakes- I knew I probably got scammed by NewParts and it’ll take a month for PayPal to finalize my claim. One dealership couldn’t give me a loaner, the other one was “fully booked” for a week or whatever it was. The rest were too far to make sense. I decided to go back to the original dealership with my service advisor. I called him and I did apologize for the inconvenience, this guy was always on my side and willing to help me out whereas the guys that gave me trouble were more in upper management. But anyways I went back, was given an E300 loaner after sorting out some paperwork, left the car there for about 4 days. Inspectors came and were able to cover my rear pads and rotors as well as my front pads and rotors under the protection plan that I have. The next day I picked it up in the morning with all new brakes. I thought I would just get the rears replaced for free but I was very happy to know that the fronts did as well.

I did get a lot of flack here for what I did and back then I wasn’t happy with the service I got and felt like nobody understood me. But the truth is that I was being very unreasonable and was close to severing ties with a dealership that i relied on for years. Had I not posted this thread, we would have a very different outcome I feel like. You guys were the ones that helped me open my eyes and think again of my actions. I did swallow my pride and I tried my best to put things together the way they were before and I’m glad to have gotten a positive outcome out of it. So thank you guys for your criticism, I’m glad to have used it constructively to mediate and resolve the situation. I’ll think twice in the future on how to treat service people at dealerships.
The following 6 users liked this post by ggonzaga:
ABuds (05-15-2019), AlexZTuned (05-15-2019), DaleB (05-30-2019), phoenixblue (05-15-2019), purplewidow (05-15-2019), skim7x (05-15-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:10 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
Congratulations!
ABuds (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Porsche GT3 RS / C63S sedan
You should write for Game of Thrones because I NEVER saw that end coming

Congrats on learning introspection, humility and getting a positive outcome as a result.
The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisCF:
ABuds (05-15-2019), rmt52 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 180 Likes on 144 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Damn... that was a plot twist. Good for OP.
The following 2 users liked this post by skim7x:
ABuds (05-15-2019), rmt52 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 01:57 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Bro you are a man now!!!! Owning up to **** like this is impossible for some especially for how adamant you were with your demands.

I am glad everything got sorted out!!! Enjoy your ride!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by purplewidow:
ABuds (05-15-2019), DaleB (05-30-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Bravo!
ABuds (05-15-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Glad you realized how it all sounded to everyone. They probably cleaned the wheel the first time you brpught it in. I am very good friends with my AMG master tech and SA and since I’ve owned 6 AMG’s and recommend them to everyone I always get a GLA45/CLA45, but I do know they are the only dealer in the state that has AMG loaners.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Bravo Young Man!! Takes a good strong person to admit when they are wrong. Us old codgers sometimes wonder what is gonna happen when you youngsters start getting into positions of authority then every once a while somebody like you shows up and we feel a little more at ease that its gonna be OK

Respect.

Mike
Old 05-30-2019, 01:50 PM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Somebody put this kid on timeout lol

Also you must have dirty hands if you ruined 2 alcantra steering wheels in 20k miles lol.

Kids these days.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr
Somebody put this kid on timeout lol

Also you must have dirty hands if you ruined 2 alcantra steering wheels in 20k miles lol.

Kids these days.

Apparently you didn't real the whole post.... he apologized for losing it, well done ggonzaga