C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncooperative Dealership Putting My Car in Unsafe Condition.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C63
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
I refuse to deal with people that don’t take my time seriously. Upon arriving to the dealership my service advisor and a small man were standing against my car parked outside. My SA introduced me to the small man- he is the service director. The idiot proceeds to shake my hand and say “hi, and who are you?” In the most condescending way. Buddy you’re laying your *** against my car, who the **** do you think I am? He proceeded to interrupt me every time I spoke and started to ask me if I had tuned the car or taken the car to the track (I’ve done neither). My car sat there for the entire day for no reason. The steering wheel wasn’t resolved and my brake pads weren’t either. I wasn’t going to leave my car there for another two days for no reason. I’m not using my protection plan anymore. I bought the pads and rotors from Brembo and I’m either having the guys at Brabus install it or a competing dealership. I just wanted to have dropped off the car yesterday and at least drive off with new brake pads in the afternoon. Now the GM texted me saying that they’ll know within 4 hours when the inspectors are on the way and that they’ll come get my car from wherever it is. No I can’t do that. My time was already wasted and the fact that they offer these protection packages without time efficiency is ridiculous. You guys can give me all the **** you want for making this thread, but I don’t have time to sit on my *** and do nothing for two days. My time is valuable and I don’t do business with someone that doesn’t recognize that. As for the loaner, another dealership has GLC63 and GLE63 loaners and they didn’t want me to go there, which is why I said give me the E63 or whatever if you want me to leave the car here. I’m not going to inconvenience myself because of their own bureaucracy. I don’t pay $1500 a month for that kind of bureaucracy to shake up my week. Furthermore Tinted windows are a must for me for several personal motives. They never told me to go elsewhere, but my SA and the service director said they can’t stop me from going somewhere else to resolve the steering wheel issue. And no, I maintain my car just fine. I brought it in as soon as the brake pad wear warning came on (the next day- it was 1 am when it came on) and I was told I had under 2mm.

The only admirable thing was that upon reviewing my dash cam footage, everyone in the service dept seemed to know I had a dash cam and they made it obvious:
”hey man give me a ride”
”it has the camera”
”ohhh it got the camera?”
*yells to someone else* “IT GOT A CAMERA”

Why do they care so much I wonder?
Here's a summary of your second post in a format that other people can understand;

1) You noted that the service director was small and are angry that he introduced himself.
2) He asked you a reasonable question on whether you track or modded your car (because... you need new brakes after 2 years, likely less than 30K miles since you're leasing). After which you got offended.
3) You decided to take your business elsewhere.
4) The GM tried to reach out and make amends by saying they'd come to you in order to save you time.
5) You for some reason think that having your car at the dealership for 2 days means that you are "sitting around doing nothing" for those 2 days. Have you heard of uber?
6) You still think AMG loaners are something that's normal, even after everybody on the forum has said they are not. If it's that important to you, you should have gone to that dealership to begin with, speak with your $.
7) You're paying E63 money for a C63.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C63
funny, everyone here thinks I’m this huge ***** but I had a flawless relationship with this dealership for the past five years. I’ve heard bad things about them but I never experienced them myself. The purchasing process of all of our cars always went great and never had issues with service. Once I caught a technician driving my car at over 75 mph after installing new tires and once talking to the service director at the time about my concerns they gave me the service for free. I’ve been invited to events, I went to see the GT63S when the demo car came to the dealership, etc. I always had a great experience with them so I was not only shocked that they were giving me so much trouble for something as simple as switching my brake pads and rotors. I understood the steeering wheel but I thought that at least they could get the brake pads and rotors handled in the same day, but they didn’t. They instead thought I should wait even longer for someone to give the green light. At this point I have no problem paying the +/- $1000 repair for the brakes instead of using my protection package (I had brake pads replaced before and didn’t even know I had this until finance manager that knows me well told me to check), but I’m not going to do it there after having reviwed my dashcam footage. If my service advisor tells the porter “don’t say anything, don’t speed, don’t even put it in sport because there’s a camera” what does this say about their practices with our cars while they’re at service? And after someone asks to get a ride in the car. My dash cam was what kept them from doing something stupid with my car, so that just takes away my trust in the service department. They sped in my car before and that was properly handled, or at least I like to think it was. I’m going to take my car elsewhere for the service and I have no incentive to continue this relationship. I know about ten to fifteen employees from the dealership by a first name basis and when I had this problem, everyone knew about it and did what they could. But arriving there I received very bad treatment from the people that didn’t know me and didn’t consider me as a valuable customer despite a loyal relationship to the brand and the store. It’s not about the loaner or that they didn’t give me a new steering wheel, or that I didn’t “get my way” but rather because I left my car there for nothing to be done to it except be driven by porters tempted to give it some gas and they wanted me to keep it there for even longer. Meanwhile one of our other cars needed new pads and it was resolved the same day. It makes no sense as to why this is a different case with my AMG.
Summary of your third post so that people can understand;

1) You don't understand the difference between the sales and marketing department and the service department.
2) You still don't understand that there are processes and controls at Mercedes that the service department has to abide by and they can't magically make your wishes occur [because you bought a midrange car].
3) After having legitimate reasons to doubt their service department, you took your car there anyway [I'm questioning your truthfulness or your judgement, either you're lying or ...]
4) Gibberish

Last edited by esquesk; 04-25-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
funny, everyone here thinks I’m this huge ***** but I had a flawless relationship with this dealership for the past five years. I’ve heard bad things about them but I never experienced them myself. The purchasing process of all of our cars always went great and never had issues with service. Once I caught a technician driving my car at over 75 mph after installing new tires and once talking to the service director at the time about my concerns they gave me the service for free. I’ve been invited to events, I went to see the GT63S when the demo car came to the dealership, etc. I always had a great experience with them so I was not only shocked that they were giving me so much trouble for something as simple as switching my brake pads and rotors. I understood the steering wheel but I thought that at least they could get the brake pads and rotors handled in the same day, but they didn’t. They instead thought I should wait even longer for someone to give the green light. At this point I have no problem paying the +/- $1000 repair for the brakes instead of using my protection package (I had brake pads replaced before and didn’t even know I had this until finance manager that knows me well told me to check), but I’m not going to do it there after having reviewed my dashcam footage. If my service advisor tells the porter “don’t say anything, don’t speed, don’t even put it in sport because there’s a camera” what does this say about their practices with our cars while they’re at service? And after someone asks to get a ride in the car. My dash cam was what kept them from doing something stupid with my car, so that just takes away my trust in the service department. They sped in my car before and that was properly handled, or at least I like to think it was. I’m going to take my car elsewhere for the service and I have no incentive to continue this relationship. I know about ten to fifteen employees from the dealership by a first name basis and when I had this problem, everyone knew about it and did what they could. But arriving there I received very bad treatment from the people that didn’t know me and didn’t consider me as a valuable customer despite a loyal relationship to the brand and the store. It’s not about the loaner or that they didn’t give me a new steering wheel, or that I didn’t “get my way” but rather because I left my car there for nothing to be done to it except be driven by porters tempted to give it some gas and they wanted me to keep it there for even longer. Meanwhile one of our other cars needed new pads and it was resolved the same day. It makes no sense as to why this is a different case with my AMG.
The amount of self entitlement is astonishing, haven't had such a good chuckle in ages. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
I almost feel bad for the kid. The real world is going to be rough for him.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
I think OP originally meant to post this on the Pokemon Forum and somehow it ended up here.
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 584 Likes on 336 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I've never seen any MB dealer loan out AMG vehicles for someone driving S65AMGs or G65 AMGs, let alone some kid driving a C63. They already replaced your steering wheel once under warranty, and you want them to replace a high wear known item again? Also brakes? Since when is wear and tear items covered under any warranty or service plan? Bc I'd like to buy that plan.
hyperion667 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I've never seen any MB dealer loan out AMG vehicles for someone driving S65AMGs or G65 AMGs, let alone some kid driving a C63. They already replaced your steering wheel once under warranty, and you want them to replace a high wear known item again? Also brakes? Since when is wear and tear items covered under any warranty or service plan? Bc I'd like to buy that plan.
You will need to be their very valued customer to be able to load an AMG, and actually brake pads and rotors are covered under warranty for 2 years/40000km whichever comes first, I got mine replaced for free.
I told them I drive it hard, and they warned me not to take the car to track because that will void all of my warranty, and I asked how would you be able to know ? They said they can tell from the tire wear. You know this is bull**** cuz Mercedes themselves track and test AMGs. LOL
Old 04-25-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by answer223
Cut straight to the chase, what you ask is not reasonable.

This is correct
Old 04-25-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
You Know that the alcantara can look good as new with just some warm water and a soft bristle tooth brush....your oily sweaty hands mat it down it doesn't mean u need a new steering wheel every year.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:41 PM

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by C3504matic
The steering wheel issue is a common one for everyone especially those that use lotions or have oily/sweaty skin . The steering wheel will look like leather if you do not take care of it and even when it looks bad it will come clean with a hours worth of work . When I got my car the steering wheel was brutal but after taking a glass of warm water w/ a small dash of soap and a soft bristle toothbrush and a clean white towel ......it looks like brand new again . You have to clean them ,its simple as that. There are plenty of video's on you tube showing you exactly how to do it and it works . The dealership should know this and I'm surprised they haven't said anything to you and perhaps why Mercedes may be denying any further coverage .
I should've read this
Old 04-25-2019, 12:55 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
You will need to be their very valued customer to be able to load an AMG, and actually brake pads and rotors are covered under warranty for 2 years/40000km whichever comes first, I got mine replaced for free.
I told them I drive it hard, and they warned me not to take the car to track because that will void all of my warranty, and I asked how would you be able to know ? They said they can tell from the tire wear. You know this is bull**** cuz Mercedes themselves track and test AMGs. LOL
Tracking a car does a crazy amount of wear and tear especially the brakes and rotors.. Once the brakes get hot they wear down crazy fast. I have burned through a set of pads in a weekend on a track in multiple bmws. Daily driving you never get them that hot.. Takes forever to warm them up. He already had the pads replaced once and is asking for them again at 20k miles. Thats crazy to have it done twice in 20k miles when the car hasn't been tracked. You could run the car on the track for a weekend and need new pads that doesn't mean the dealer is gonna keep replacing them. if i was the dealer i would inspect it too but probably because i wouldn't have a choice. They would have pushed it through if they could because they obviously want the money.. When it goes out of the normal timing for replacement an inspection is needed since they already did it one time in that warranty period. The self entitlement of a young 20 year old working off of the parents bank account is apparent here.. I don't know how you could be a successful person with the attitude and demanding nature displayed in the OP's posts. I hope he learns from this and doesn't keep ranting and making excuses. Entitlement is a tough thing to fix. It's one thing I have seen in mbworld that isn't as prominent in the bmw forums though it is still there.. Same goes for people just buying an amg for status and they don't push it anywhere near it's potential.. just have it as a trophy. It isn't really surprising though.. AMG just started making cars that are successful and fun on the track.. I remember in the early 2000's all they were good for was straight line speed. Now they are making much more well rounded cars and not all engine.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C63 s
Just another little gem of advise.
When your time is that valuable, they will know because they will be talking to one of your entourage that brought the car in.

Until then, I’d be a little nicer to people that you need something from(and everyone else too).
MarcusDubya77 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 02:07 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Lmao if I was a SA and some kid in a C63 asked for a E63S loaner I would've laughed in his face
Old 04-25-2019, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah... this is stupid. Such is the world of entitled little brats these days, though... SMH

What dealership was this, though... I feel really bad for them for having to deal with you.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
I have friends and family members that have (and had) high-end MB models. SL65, SLR, these type of vehicles. And none of them have ever demanded an AMG as a loaner car while one of their cars is in for service. And none of them have ever expected to get one either. They are just happy that their car is fixed properly.

Why? They go to the dealer to get their cars serviced, not to get their *** kissed.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:41 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
Isn't it a lease too?
Old 04-25-2019, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Just dropped my C63s Edition 1 for repair today. Got a CLA loaner with no tint window. 😄 I noticed my car is the only car that they put seat protector/seat cover on. Why only my car? Does anyone know? It in for services and repaired 3x now and each time I dropped off and picked up, seat cover is on. It felt special !!!
Old 04-25-2019, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 584 Likes on 336 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
What qualifies as a very valued customer? I've bought a W212.5 E63 and a 2017 C63s from these guys and yet I don't expect a E63s loaner every time my car is in for service. Best I've gotten was a GLC43 and a GLE43. Usually it's E300 or C/GLC300.

I think you need to tame your expectations a little bit. Also $1500/month for a C63 lease LOL holy **** man.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe (Sept. 2017)
Wow. This thread is something...
Old 04-25-2019, 04:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by raudiace4
What qualifies as a very valued customer? I've bought a W212.5 E63 and a 2017 C63s from these guys and yet I don't expect a E63s loaner every time my car is in for service. Best I've gotten was a GLC43 and a GLE43. Usually it's E300 or C/GLC300.

I think you need to tame your expectations a little bit. Also $1500/month for a C63 lease LOL holy **** man.
Wow lucky you, normally I get CLA250 or GLA250 as loaner, and C300 at the best, I just expect to get a cla250 everytime for a service, lol
The guy I mentioned owns a lot of cars, including a Brabus G550 4x4, guess he's special.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
c63 Coupe, GLC63
I've been lucky to get one of the newer c class with the digital dash when i brought my 2018 c63 in for service, I've never expected anything better than that. I wouldve take a hyundai if that was the only vehicle left, it's just temp

Also, OP is paying 1500$ a month... LOL he is entitled to everything he demands. They are making a killing off him
Old 04-25-2019, 06:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
C43
Subscribing. This is the most entertaining thread I've read in a while...
The following 2 users liked this post by C43Flyby:
purplewidow (04-25-2019), scrufy (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 PM

2016 AMG C63s
#Notint...I think you should dump the C63 and use that 1500.00 a month on a mortgage better yet into a savings account. I cant speak for everyone but for $1500.00 a month I could finance 3x C63s or maybe 1x McLaren 720s Regardless your paying way too damn much and FYI My best Mercedes Loner Has Been a GLE400 and I was very satisfied Just be humble man.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
TLDR
Old 04-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 W166 GLE63 S SUV
funny, everyone here thinks I’m this huge ***** but I had a flawless relationship with this dealership for the past five years. I’ve heard bad things about them but I never experienced them myself. The purchasing process of all of our cars always went great and never had issues with service. Once I caught a technician driving my car at over 75 mph after installing new tires and once talking to the service director at the time about my concerns they gave me the service for free. I’ve been invited to events, I went to see the GT63S when the demo car came to the dealership, etc. I always had a great experience with them so I was not only shocked that they were giving me so much trouble for something as simple as switching my brake pads and rotors. I understood the steering wheel but I thought that at least they could get the brake pads and rotors handled in the same day, but they didn’t. They instead thought I should wait even longer for someone to give the green light. At this point I have no problem paying the +/- $1000 repair for the brakes instead of using my protection package (I had brake pads replaced before and didn’t even know I had this until finance manager that knows me well told me to check), but I’m not going to do it there after having reviewed my dashcam footage. If my service advisor tells the porter “don’t say anything, don’t speed, don’t even put it in sport because there’s a camera” what does this say about their practices with our cars while they’re at service? And after someone asks to get a ride in the car. My dash cam was what kept them from doing something stupid with my car, so that just takes away my trust in the service department. They sped in my car before and that was properly handled, or at least I like to think it was. I’m going to take my car elsewhere for the service and I have no incentive to continue this relationship. I know about ten to fifteen employees from the dealership by a first name basis and when I had this problem, everyone knew about it and did what they could. But arriving there I received very bad treatment from the people that didn’t know me and didn’t consider me as a valuable customer despite a loyal relationship to the brand and the store. It’s not about the loaner or that they didn’t give me a new steering wheel, or that I didn’t “get my way” but rather because I left my car there for nothing to be done to it except be driven by porters tempted to give it some gas and they wanted me to keep it there for even longer. Meanwhile one of our other cars needed new pads and it was resolved the same day. It makes no sense as to why this is a different case with my AMG.
Everyone thinks you're a ******** because you are one. The level of self-entitlement is astounding. Grow some brains, mature a bit, and then hopefully, HOPEFULLY, you'll see how big a tool you are. Based off of solely your attitude here in this post I'm standing with the dealership.

Last edited by IrAg166; 04-25-2019 at 08:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncooperative Dealership Putting My Car in Unsafe Condition.