Sponsored by:

Please help, shifting issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Please help, shifting issue

I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on this. I'm driving a 2016 model and it has been updated with all the current software as far as I know. When I'm doing a pull in my car in either sport plus or race mode with the transmission in auto at WOT it feels like it hits the rev limiter shifting only from 3rd to 4th and only sometimes but it gives the car a pretty good jerk. Obviously this dosnt happen every time or when im paddle shifting, just want to know if it's normal?
Old 04-30-2019, 05:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by jinnsound2
I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on this. I'm driving a 2016 model and it has been updated with all the current software as far as I know. When I'm doing a pull in my car in either sport plus or race mode with the transmission in auto at WOT it feels like it hits the rev limiter shifting only from 3rd to 4th and only sometimes but it gives the car a pretty good jerk. Obviously this dosnt happen every time or when im paddle shifting, just want to know if it's normal?
I belive its normal my car when it warms up it takes abit to be smooth. I dont know if you notice but in comfort mode the clutches slip more to make the takeoff smooth. Where as the sport+ mode it drops into the next gear hard. I think it is supposed to make the car buck on purpose for that agressive sports car feeling. Without driving it i couldnt really say tho i know mine does it somtimes.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Jaydavid93
I belive its normal my car when it warms up it takes abit to be smooth. I dont know if you notice but in comfort mode the clutches slip more to make the takeoff smooth. Where as the sport+ mode it drops into the next gear hard. I think it is supposed to make the car buck on purpose for that agressive sports car feeling. Without driving it i couldnt really say tho i know mine does it somtimes.

Thanks man, what I should've noted is that in only happens in sport+ Or Race Mode and only when the car gets up to temp. I only switch the car from comfort into sport+ Or Race after everything comes to temp. I'm thinking its one of two things for the 3-4 shift either I'm taking my foot off the throttle just before the shift engages without realizing or the car hits the rev limiter then shifts into 4th...I'm not sure but I'm also thinking sport + and race mode were designed to shifted manually