C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gripe: Headlights not bright enough

Old 05-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lots
Gripe: Headlights not bright enough

My C63S, I feel like the headlights are not bright enough. Almost feels like I am out drive the headlights. Anyone have same issue and figured something out, or added fog or driving lights to their car?
If so what kind etc.

Oh and pics of my car because reasons...

Old 05-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
yes. i can upgrade you to oem ILS fairly easily on the C63. pm me if interested. the light output is much better on the ILS vs static led as you have 4 lens on all the time instead of just 2.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 G550
Nice ride. Thanks for the pics.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 c63
No issue with my lights. Car looks smart !
Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Xec

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Star4life View Post
yes. i can upgrade you to oem ILS fairly easily on the C63. pm me if interested. the light output is much better on the ILS vs static led as you have 4 lens on all the time instead of just 2.
Any chance you have the facelift ILS euro version available?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 159 Likes on 107 Posts
2018 GTR - 2018 C 63S
Originally Posted by Star4life View Post
I don't believe that's a plug and play swap. I also think there is coding involved also. Not to mention those lights/ballasts aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 159 Likes on 107 Posts
2018 GTR - 2018 C 63S
Originally Posted by Xec View Post
Any chance you have the facelift ILS euro version available?

Cost would be crazy for those new lights. Not to mention it may need coding. Most likely not plug and play. If it does and you take it to the dealer for service and there is a software update from MB. It will overwrite it and you'll need to get it re-coded. Keep in mind it's also not US/DOT compliant. In addition if the car is a lease. It violates the lease agreement. Of course one could return to stock before turning the car back in. It's a fair amount of work to remove and replace the lights. So a large cost, hassle and work just not to see a little amber side marker light.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Xec

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by benzbell View Post
Cost would be crazy for those new lights. Not to mention it may need coding. Most likely not plug and play. If it does and you take it to the dealer for service and there is a software update from MB. It will overwrite it and you'll need to get it re-coded. Keep in mind it's also not US/DOT compliant. In addition if the car is a lease. It violates the lease agreement. Of course one could return to stock before turning the car back in. It's a fair amount of work to remove and replace the lights. So a large cost, hassle and work just not to see a little amber side marker light.
Haha all fair points. Iíve just had the misfortune of a rock cracking my headlight. Insurance is covering the entire replacement (which costs a whopping $2.6K for just one). Thought this could be a good opportunity to switch. You are right though, probably not worth the hassle even though I bought the car.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:06 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by benzbell View Post
Originally Posted by Xec View Post
Haha all fair points. Iíve just had the misfortune of a rock cracking my headlight. Insurance is covering the entire replacement (which costs a whopping $2.6K for just one). Thought this could be a good opportunity to switch. You are right though, probably not worth the hassle even though I bought the car.

hey guys, yes it is pretty expensive I can do it for around $3800ish, this includes used but excellent condition ILS headlights with modules. all coding and wiring harness plug and play needed to go from static to ILS.

the new euro version are not plug and play and need can adapter. in addtion they are insanely expensive and hard to find. thus i would stick to the old ones. if you opt to buy new they run right around $5200 for lights and modules. not cheap by any means. but yes i did the conversion on my c43 so yes its possible

also i can add the codes to your data card so if dealer flashes it, it flashes correct software. it appears sto them that you always had ILS. thats included in my price.