Sponsored by:

Help and advice please !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 Amg coupe
Help and advice please !!

So I’m considering a five year purchase of a 2017 first edition C63s coupe . It has 19,000 miles on it. 71k purchase price. Or should I lease a regular C63s coupe? I’m just not sure what the smartest move is? Will I be in big repair bill troubles when the used 2017 first edition warranty runs out? Is it always better to lease?? I’m a blue collar hard working guy not extremely wealthy by any means. Any guidance or help us appreciated tks
Old 06-01-2019, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Wizzard
So I’m considering a five year purchase of a 2017 first edition C63s coupe . It has 19,000 miles on it. 71k purchase price. Or should I lease a regular C63s coupe? I’m just not sure what the smartest move is? Will I be in big repair bill troubles when the used 2017 first edition warranty runs out? Is it always better to lease?? I’m a blue collar hard working guy not extremely wealthy by any means. Any guidance or help us appreciated tks

The 2 years old used car already took a depreciation. I personally don’t believe in leasing. I feel like it a rental car. Since you don’t own a business, there’s no benefit in terms of taxes write off if you lease. So I would buy the car with extended warranty.

Last edited by Klinh; 06-02-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:19 AM

C43 Amg coupe
Thank you for the reply and it helped your right so I’m gonna go get the used one tomorrow 🤘. It still has 2 years warranty left on it as well. I believe I don’t have to purchase the extended immediately I think I can wait to do that? If you or anyone could advise on that part I’d appreciate it thanks
Old 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Wizzard
Thank you for the reply and it helped your right so I’m gonna go get the used one tomorrow 🤘. It still has 2 years warranty left on it as well. I believe I don’t have to purchase the extended immediately I think I can wait to do that? If you or anyone could advise on that part I’d appreciate it thanks
If it Mercedes extended warranty then the dealer will want you to decide right away if you paying it through finance. Something to consider with Mercedes extended warranty, if you don’t ever use it, you get a full refund back. Or you can cancel it anytime and get a full refund if you never file a claim before.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:44 AM

C43 Amg coupe
This noob can’t begin to thank you enough 👍👍
Old 06-02-2019, 08:06 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C63s ED1 Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh
If it Mercedes extended warranty then the dealer will want you to decide right away if you paying it through finance. Something to consider with Mercedes extended warranty, if you don’t ever use it, you get a full refund back. Or you can cancel it anytime and get a full refund if you never file a claim before.
I don't think you have to decide right away. I got mine on my previous merc right before its standard warranty ran out. I actually got a much better deal this way.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:53 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Originally Posted by lyjw88
I don't think you have to decide right away. I got mine on my previous merc right before its standard warranty ran out. I actually got a much better deal this way.
If you don’t get the extended warranty within 30 days of purchase Mercedes charges an extra 15%.. at least that’s the case in the US according to my dealer but that is for a new car.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:25 AM

C43 Amg coupe
The previous owner got rid of the original rims, I told the dealership I want the original rims they told me they cost 16,0000 dollars is this true ????
Old 06-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
That’s my old car.

I had it it until about 14k miles. I thought they had sold it already...

also something you you should know about that one. It has a complete xpel stealth clear bra over the whole car!
Old 06-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Yep that’s my old car just checked the vin on my old insurance. I babied that car. I had the whole car wrapped in xpel stealth which also comes with a 10 year warranty. You won’t have to worry about the matte paint getting damaged. As far as the wheels go.. it had the stock ones on when I traded it in. I had them painted with a yellow pin stripe(see photo below). I never had any mods on the car just KW HAS system to lower it. It also has the AWE exhaust tips on it as well

Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr
That’s my old car.

I had it it until about 14k miles. I thought they had sold it already...

also something you you should know about that one. It has a complete xpel stealth clear bra over the whole car!

Price is too high for a nearly 3yo used C63 with 19k miles. If this is KingMonkey's old car then based on the current mileage, it has either had an owner between or it has been used as a dealership vehicle for 5k miles.
The only real substantial upgrades of the Edition 1 package are the paint and trim config and the upgraded forged wheels. If this car does not have those wheels then it should take another valuation hit in addition to the usual steep AMG depreciation.

It's a beautiful car but they are asking way too much for it.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 66 Likes on 59 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh
The 2 years old used car already took a depreciation. I personally don’t believe in leasing. I feel like it a rental car. Since you don’t own a business, there’s no benefit in terms of taxes write off if you lease. So I would buy the car with extended warranty.
Beautiful car. I would find out how much money to replace ceramic brakes. Or have dealership installed new
Old 06-03-2019, 01:20 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
I believe I called mercedes benz of san diego about this car a couple weeks ago. They told me that the reason it doesnt have the original ed 1 wheels is because somebody stole them from there back lot one night when the car was parked there. I believe its a cpo so it has one extra year of warranty and unlimited miles added to the factory warranty.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:58 PM

C43 Amg coupe
well it is parked in their back lot still up on jacks and it does seem strange that if indeed the previous owner changed out the wheels that they wouldn’t of left them on there? They told me they wanted to return it to its original first edition state. So they got rid of the aftermarket wheels