Sponsored by:

Facelifted 5 spoke wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 02:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Not terribly crazy about the optional mesh wheels. These are catching my eye, but in matte black.

That’s a good loooking wheel and I prefer gloss black over flat or matte finish wheels. I think matte black wheels visually blend in the with the tire and sort of disappear giving the effect of the car looking like it has an empty wheel well. Also, this wheel looks like it would be easy to clean. I hate cleaning wheels with too many nooks and crannies and lots of spokes. It might look good but I dont want to spend anymore time on wheel cleaning than I have to.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Spectre-13
That’s a good loooking wheel and I prefer gloss black over flat or matte finish wheels. I think matte black wheels visually blend in the with the tire and sort of disappear giving the effect of the car looking like it has an empty wheel well. Also, this wheel looks like it would be easy to clean. I hate cleaning wheels with too many nooks and crannies and lots of spokes. It might look good but I dont want to spend anymore time on wheel cleaning than I have to.
Yes to all of that. I like a wheel that is "open" and lets you see the brakes, etc. Also, one that is easy to clean.

I like gloss black as well, especially with a rim of brushed alu showing. The satin or matte finish doesn't show brake dust as much.

My last car had a very open split 5 spoke and ceramic brakes all around. Cake to clean and I got spoiled.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I actually like these new 5 spoke a lot, that rounded seam between the spokes is popular these days. It looks pretty good to my eye.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Not terribly crazy about the optional mesh wheels. These are catching my eye, but in matte black.

Is this the KLS03? Me Likey :-)