C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catless Downpipes Question

Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63S
Catless Downpipes Question

How much did you guys pay to have your downpipes installed? I've been quoted 10 hours of labor from an independent shop and 12 hours from EC so wondering if that was normal (I live in GTA/Toronto so if you know any shops feel free to recommend).

Also debating between the SSR downpipes and Ultimate Performance ones, does anyone have any reviews they'd like to share?
Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63WS
Eurocharged Houston did mine. They were top notch on the install. I have FI downpipes and I don't have any other ones to compare them to but EC let me hangout for the entire install and I can tell they weren't a "perfect " fit. They had to do some caressing to get them done. I was there from 10 am ti about 4 pm however my stock downpipes were cut, if you dont cut then tranny needs to be dropped which the guys told me adds about another 5 hours to the job. I got a great deal going with them for the DP, install and stage2 tune, about what some sell just their tune for....
Old 07-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
SSR promised me downpipes in stock, then when i waited a month for my pipes and they were still not even made. I would have had to miss my install date at my shop who are on a tight schedule because of their delays which were never communicated till I called and asked where my pipes were.

UPD shipped me a set overnight the next day after SSR couldn't. UPD quality was good, but I've seen better welds. Still it was good enough for me to install on my car.

I paid 3Hrs shop labor for the install, tell them to cut the stock dps to install. You'll have to disconnect the steering rack to get the catless DPs to fit properly, then they slide in easily.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:31 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Get the UP DP's from Shah... Great customer service, great quality product (solid welds, quality materials, perfect fitment, OEM bracket placement, lifetime warranty, well priced). Most other DP's are missing one of those and I believe all are important. The BR Motorsport DP's look good, too, and have a flex section, but you'll pay a bit more for those.

I did the proper install with dropping the Transmission -- only a few hundred more and get to keep the OEM DP's which are worth more than the differential in labor cost.

Last edited by skim7x; 07-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:59 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
SSR promised me downpipes in stock, then when i waited a month for my pipes and they were still not even made. I would have had to miss my install date at my shop who are on a tight schedule because of their delays which were never communicated till I called and asked where my pipes were.

UPD shipped me a set overnight the next day after SSR couldn't. UPD quality was good, but I've seen better welds. Still it was good enough for me to install on my car.

I paid 3Hrs shop labor for the install, tell them to cut the stock dps to install. You'll have to disconnect the steering rack to get the catless DPs to fit properly, then they slide in easily.
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Get the UP DP's from Shah... Great customer service, great quality product (solid welds, quality materials, perfect fitment, OEM bracket placement, lifetime warranty, well priced). Most other DP's are missing one of those and I believe all are important. The BR Motorsport DP's look good, too, and have a flex section, but you'll pay a bit more for those.

I did the proper install with dropping the Transmission -- only a few hundred more and get to keep the OEM DP's which are worth more than the differential in labor cost.
Thanks guys!
NO TEXT MESSAGES THEY WILL NOT BE REPLIED TO
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS /PM WITH THE SAME SUBJECT MATTER. ALL EMAILS / PM WILL BE RESPONDED TO WITHIN 24 HRS.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic
I paid 1000 did it the correct way dropping trans.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
It's very easy to have the stock DPs re-welded if you ever need to re-install them. Couple people on here have done so, but if you prefer dropping your trans more power to you.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63S
How is everyone to get shops to do them for 3-5 hrs labor?! I haven't been quoted under 10 hours yet and all are using the pipe cutting method as opposed to transmission drop.

Anyone get this done in GTA/Toronto?
Old 07-13-2019, 06:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C63S, 2012 ML350
Try asking in the mbtruenorth group on FB or check out the website.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43
Most shops quoting around $1000.
I Paid $500 for cutting stock Dps to install catless Dps.
If you are in Socall, PM me for the shop info.