Sponsored by:

Weird A/C issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 63 S
Weird A/C issue

My driver side A/C vents blows cool (not cold) air while passenger side vents blows hot air (like if heater is on) although both sides controllers are set to low temperature. I had a mechanic taking a look and told me the heater is on for some reason.

Did anyone had the same issue? Any recommendations?

I'm thinking to unplug the bettery for a few minutes to reset the whole system.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:28 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Have you tried turning the Sync mode on and off to see if it made any difference? Is the center display showing the temperature and mode adjustments correctly?

Is this under warranty? If so, take it to your dealer to have it looked at and it should be covered.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Try taking to the dealership 👍🏼😂
Old 07-18-2019, 07:47 PM

C 63 S
Originally Posted by Tuxdude
Have you tried turning the Sync mode on and off to see if it made any difference? Is the center display showing the temperature and mode adjustments correctly?

Is this under warranty? If so, take it to your dealer to have it looked at and it should be covered.
Turned sync mode on and off, no change. All info on display is fine, i belive it is more complicated.
The car is under warranty but the dealer told me the job would take a week at least, so I thought to share my issue here hopping that someone would have a magic solution, and by magic I mean a quick DIY rather than being lonely for a week.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 10:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 C250
Originally Posted by Mas7704
Turned sync mode on and off, no change. All info on display is fine, i belive it is more complicated.
The car is under warranty but the dealer told me the job would take a week at least, so I thought to share my issue here hopping that someone would have a magic solution, and by magic I mean a quick DIY rather than being lonely for a week.
Never do anything or let any non-dealer shop do work when its under warranty. you risk voiding that area of the warranty.

It sounds like a zone balancing mechanism is off. You're talking about a pricy fix, be lucky its under warranty. This being a Mercedes, I could see the average shop quoting you $1k. There's probably 1 or 2 people at most dealerships who can properly diagnose those symptoms and fix it right with only one try. One week seems about right.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:36 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
get a loaner...
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (07-19-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 06:12 AM

C 63 S
Originally Posted by HBguy
Never do anything or let any non-dealer shop do work when its under warranty. you risk voiding that area of the warranty.

It sounds like a zone balancing mechanism is off. You're talking about a pricy fix, be lucky its under warranty. This being a Mercedes, I could see the average shop quoting you $1k. There's probably 1 or 2 people at most dealerships who can properly diagnose those symptoms and fix it right with only one try. One week seems about right.
Thanks a lot guys for the support, I guess there is no escape from dropping the car with the dealer.

Will let you know how to goes.

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:13 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Thanks a lot guys for the support, I guess there is no escape from dropping the car with the dealer.

Will let you know how to goes.

Cheers.
may be as simple as resynchronizing the stepper motors. Keep us posted