Sponsored by:

Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Current: 2017 C63S Prior: 2016 CLA45, 2015 Evo X Final Edition
Steering wheel

Has anyone played around with putting a facelift steering wheel on a pre facelift model? Is that possible? I'm going to upgrade my wheel to a carbon fiber one, but I just like the look of the facelift wheel better. It looks so much cleaner.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:54 PM
HFG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG C63 , VW MK6 Jetta
It can be done. Check revotechmotorsports on Insta, i believe upgrading is better than only going for the pre-facelift carbon wheel.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Current: 2017 C63S Prior: 2016 CLA45, 2015 Evo X Final Edition
Originally Posted by HFG
It can be done. Check revotechmotorsports on Insta, i believe upgrading is better than only going for the pre-facelift carbon wheel.
I've actually messaged them, and their work is great. It looks like you retain your buttons and airbag though, so in essence it would be the same face of the wheel with carbon fiber and new leather. I'd like to find a way to just buy the carbon fiber facelift wheel and attach it to my vehicle. It would be awesome if revotech could do something like that for less than the price of the OEM wheel though. I'll probably message them again and clarify.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:31 PM
HFG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG C63 , VW MK6 Jetta
Originally Posted by Drisso88
I've actually messaged them, and their work is great. It looks like you retain your buttons and airbag though, so in essence it would be the same face of the wheel with carbon fiber and new leather. I'd like to find a way to just buy the carbon fiber facelift wheel and attach it to my vehicle. It would be awesome if revotech could do something like that for less than the price of the OEM wheel though. I'll probably message them again and clarify.
If you are going with the Facelift version, everything is different but the connecting harnesses will be matching in order for them to function on your car. You will definitely need to get a new airbag.