Sponsored by:

2020 C63 Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2020 C63s Coupe, 2016 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Arjy
I got a call from my SA today telling me that my car is in Baltimore, but now as we suspected he says the car wont be released from the VPC until october. Waiting on an updated netstar screen shot from him.
You're on the west coast and your car was unloaded at a VPC on the east coast?

I wonder why it didn't go the Long Beach VPC instead...

-D
Old 08-15-2019, 03:09 PM

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts
2023 911 T, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
Sorry I should have clarified, I ordered the car and am taking delivery in Massachusetts.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't actually mind the gloss black look to be honest. One has to be rather close up to the car to even make out the carbon fiber bits as it is. The issue is more that I paid for something that wasn't on the car. I'm still debating if I should push for a credit or get the CF blades.
I am sure that gloss black looks great, but if you paid full price for overlapping packages, you should get the upgraded parts. I ordered the 2 CF packages and hope to have the more aggressive spoiler in CF. I have a blue on order, so the gloss black would stick out more.

With my W204, I replaced the black/gloss black with CF, for continuity. It came with CF spoiler and CF mirror caps, and so rear diffuser and front lip were replaced with carbon fiber, and it appeased my OCD.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:08 PM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Spazdoc
I am sure that gloss black looks great, but if you paid full price for overlapping packages, you should get the upgraded parts. I ordered the 2 CF packages and hope to have the more aggressive spoiler in CF. I have a blue on order, so the gloss black would stick out more.

With my W204, I replaced the black/gloss black with CF, for continuity. It came with CF spoiler and CF mirror caps, and so rear diffuser and front lip were replaced with carbon fiber, and it appeased my OCD.
My '19 is the same exterior spec as superswiss. And I had the same issue with the side sills not being CF. If you order both CF packages and the Aero package on a 2019 you got CF a-wing trim and rear diffusor, CF mirrors and the Aero spoiler in CF. The side sills and everything else in the Aero package are gloss black. The word is the 2020 will have the sills in CF but who knows for sure until we see them.

Now to the issue of the overlapping packages - this was an issue of minor contention in my receiving the car. As others here collected theirs before I did I knew this was an issue and repeatedly brought it up to my SA while awaiting delivery (the issue was first raised when I ordered the car months earlier). I was told that I wouldn't be expected to pay for something that wasn't there. But the car arrived as expected with the gloss black sills and no credit on the sticker and there was no explanation. After raising the issue again I was told they would bring it up with MBUSA who had no idea what I was talking about (which was par for the course in dealing with them) and then was told that the car was built with CF sills. This was sort of laughable because all anyone had to do was look at the car and they could see they were not CF. But the computer was telling MBUSA the car had them so that was what they believed. I assume the dealership sent them photos but long story short I got a credit from the dealership for the CF sills absence and let them work it out with MBUSA as to the proper credit (if MBUSA were even willing to give up one I do not know). I wasn't willing to take the car and hope they would get back to me in the future. My experience dealing with MBUSA leading up to my receiving the car left me with little confidence.

I like the gloss black side sills. If the CF ones do finally appear in the future I can always swap em out.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe , 2014 BMW M5
Any deliveries yet?!?!?!
Old 08-26-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 BMW M3, 2010 Lancer Evolution X, Incoming 2020 C63S Coupe
Looks like the current news is that our MY2020's are just chillin at their respective VPCs. My dealer has informed me not to expect delivery till late September due to Corporate hold on releasing the 2020 C Class. Good thing my car is stored safely in a nice Baltimore warehouse, away from all the elements, heat, and humidity.....oh wait..
Old 08-26-2019, 07:03 PM

I have not been checking on mine, but I believe the 2020 C-Class has been released. See this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post7833525

However, it does not appear the C63 is on that list.

-D
Old 08-27-2019, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 291 Likes on 200 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
I was given an October 2nd completion date for my 2020. We'll see...
Old 08-28-2019, 07:24 PM

Just received an email stating the dealer may have the car by this weekend. They will email me tomorrow with a more certain date.

-D
Old 08-29-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts
2023 911 T, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
Interesting, I got an email yesterday telling me they are still on hold at the VPC and to expect the car in mid October. They also sent me a screenshot of the netstar page and the most recent event update is D1 VPC Recieved back on the 16th. Dealer ETA is blank.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Seis-Tres
My '19 is the same exterior spec as superswiss. And I had the same issue with the side sills not being CF. If you order both CF packages and the Aero package on a 2019 you got CF a-wing trim and rear diffusor, CF mirrors and the Aero spoiler in CF. The side sills and everything else in the Aero package are gloss black. The word is the 2020 will have the sills in CF but who knows for sure until we see them.

Now to the issue of the overlapping packages - this was an issue of minor contention in my receiving the car. As others here collected theirs before I did I knew this was an issue and repeatedly brought it up to my SA while awaiting delivery (the issue was first raised when I ordered the car months earlier). I was told that I wouldn't be expected to pay for something that wasn't there. But the car arrived as expected with the gloss black sills and no credit on the sticker and there was no explanation. After raising the issue again I was told they would bring it up with MBUSA who had no idea what I was talking about (which was par for the course in dealing with them) and then was told that the car was built with CF sills. This was sort of laughable because all anyone had to do was look at the car and they could see they were not CF. But the computer was telling MBUSA the car had them so that was what they believed. I assume the dealership sent them photos but long story short I got a credit from the dealership for the CF sills absence and let them work it out with MBUSA as to the proper credit (if MBUSA were even willing to give up one I do not know). I wasn't willing to take the car and hope they would get back to me in the future. My experience dealing with MBUSA leading up to my receiving the car left me with little confidence.

I like the gloss black side sills. If the CF ones do finally appear in the future I can always swap em out.
So my salesman got word from the AMG factory contact pereon is that my 2020 will have gloss black side sill inserts.

So if we add the aerodynamic package, to clarify, we receive a downgrade to gloss black sills. We also get front lip in gloss black. Is the more aggressive spoiler in CF?

I dont care about more aggressive side sill inserts, just having a uniform appearance of the extra parts. So it looks like I am pulling the aerodynamic package off before we lock options.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
So my salesman got word from the AMG factory contact pereon is that my 2020 will have gloss black side sill inserts.

So if we add the aerodynamic package, to clarify, we receive a downgrade to gloss black sills. We also get front lip in gloss black. Is the more aggressive spoiler in CF?

I dont care about more aggressive side sill inserts, just having a uniform appearance of the extra parts. So it looks like I am pulling the aerodynamic package off before we lock options.
That contradicts the 2020 DOG. It explicitly states that the side sills are carbon in conjunction with the CF packages. Other than the side sills, the A-wing in the front, mirrors, spoiler and main part of the diffuser are carbon if you get both CF packages. If I remember correctly, one package is for mirrors and spoiler. The other is for the rest. The aero package adds a gloss black front splitter and a gloss black rear splitter, more aggressive side sills (CF or gloss black) and gloss black flicks on those fake rear outlets and a more pronounced devil horned rear spoiler. Honestly the areo package makes the car look much meaner.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:16 PM

That contradicts the 2020 DOG. It explicitly states that the side sills are carbon in conjunction with the CF packages. Other than the side sills, the A-wing in the front, mirrors, spoiler and main part of the diffuser are carbon if you get both CF packages. If I remember correctly, one package is for mirrors and spoiler. The other is for the rest. The aero package adds a gloss black front splitter and a gloss black rear splitter, more aggressive side sills (CF or gloss black) and gloss black flicks on those fake rear outlets and a more pronounced devil horned rear spoiler. Honestly the areo package makes the car look much meaner.
My salesman is pretty astute, so rather than go with the DOG that might contradict itself, he contacted the AMG rep, I guess. Of course, people can make mistakes.

With all 3 packages, is the devil horned spoiler gloss black or CF? And is the rear diffuser an add on to the rear CF rear valaence (and not a replacement)?
Old 08-30-2019, 01:13 PM

So this is the DOG for 2020 as of 8AUG revision, and in line with the answer my salesman go from the AMG factory rep. Trust me, I wish I was wrong.

Look like with all 3 packages, there seems to be no change from 2019 - side sills remain aggressive, but in black. Diffuser and A wing remain CF, but respective lips are black.

I guess it is still worth it for all 3. I am considering taking this guy to the track, so would prefer aerodynamic add ons in case they help at all.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS

So this is the DOG for 2020 as of 8AUG revision, and in line with the answer my salesman go from the AMG factory rep. Trust me, I wish I was wrong.

Look like with all 3 packages, there seems to be no change from 2019 - side sills remain aggressive, but in black. Diffuser and A wing remain CF, but respective lips are black.

I guess it is still worth it for all 3. I am considering taking this guy to the track, so would prefer aerodynamic add ons in case they help at all.

Well, look at that. They changed it since I last looked at the 2020 DOG. Yep, that looks like it's gonna be the same as 2019. Side sills are officially gloss black. I thought at least one member on here posted that they are replacing his with CF. Maybe he's getting that less aggressive standard side sills. So yes, the more aggressive spoiler is carbon. The aero lips on the front and rear are gloss black, the rear lip optically wraps around the exhaust pipes for a more pronounced look. That part is all gloss black on top of the carbon diffuser. It looks good and as I said earlier, I don't actually mind the side sills staying gloss black. Here's shot from behind of mine.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Here's a zoomed in view

Old 08-30-2019, 03:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 C63s AMG Coupe
Price?

I’m about to put my order in for my 2020 C63s. Wondering if any of you pre-negotiated the percentage off MSRP you would pay once the car is delivered? Trying to measure what’s a fair value.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 BMW M3, 2010 Lancer Evolution X, Incoming 2020 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by stillcap2
I’m about to put my order in for my 2020 C63s. Wondering if any of you pre-negotiated the percentage off MSRP you would pay once the car is delivered? Trying to measure what’s a fair value.
I negotiated 4% off MSRP a 2020 back in April, custom order. I'm located in NJ. It was a fair enough deal for me. All existing 2019s didn't have the combination of color and options that I wanted, so had to go for the ordered car.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (09-28-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 04:42 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Well, look at that. They changed it since I last looked at the 2020 DOG. Yep, that looks like it's gonna be the same as 2019. Side sills are officially gloss black. I thought at least one member on here posted that they are replacing his with CF. Maybe he's getting that less aggressive standard side sills. So yes, the more aggressive spoiler is carbon. The aero lips on the front and rear are gloss black, the rear lip optically wraps around the exhaust pipes for a more pronounced look. That part is all gloss black on top of the carbon diffuser. It looks good and as I said earlier, I don't actually mind the side sills staying gloss black. Here's shot from behind of mine.

That's disappointing to hear on the side sill inserts.. I hope they make some in CF for other markets so we can order the part possibly.. I don't wanna take the $3400 credit they offered me which is the cost of the non aero design cf side inserts. Guess I will wait a month or two more to see what ends up happening.. They literally said AMG screwed up on this with combination of cf and aero pkgs on my 2019.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by stillcap2
My main incentive was to trade in the W204 C63. They actually offered me more on trade-in then I could get private party sale amazingly enough. Because of loyalty bonus, I was able to get 5% off. Plus I have money coming off for USAA or American Medical Association.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG G63, 2020 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by purplewidow
That's disappointing to hear on the side sill inserts.. I hope they make some in CF for other markets so we can order the part possibly.. I don't wanna take the $3400 credit they offered me which is the cost of the non aero design cf side inserts. Guess I will wait a month or two more to see what ends up happening.. They literally said AMG screwed up on this with combination of cf and aero pkgs on my 2019.
The car configurators on mb canada and germany show the side sills in CF. Maybe they are wrong?
Old 08-30-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by BrianShaw23
The car configurators on mb canada and germany show the side sills in CF. Maybe they are wrong?
We never get the cool toys in the United States. It's not as bad as what Audi has done to us for the last 30 years with RS Avants.
BrianShaw23 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda
Does anyone have a pricing sheet for the 2020 model year C63S? I have not been able to find any official pricing yet and the MB configurator still shows a 2019 model. Thanks guys!
Old 08-31-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by purplewidow
If your dealer is offering you $3400 take it and run. MBUSA would not believe their error. They said their computer was saying my car had CF side sills therefore it had CF side sills. Even with photos they were fighting my dealer. I eventually got a credit from my dealer and let them fight it out with MBUSA. But I got less than half what you're looking at so if you can get it I would highly recommend taking it.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dasani
Just received an email stating the dealer may have the car by this weekend. They will email me tomorrow with a more certain date.
Originally Posted by Arjy
Interesting, I got an email yesterday telling me they are still on hold at the VPC and to expect the car in mid October. They also sent me a screenshot of the netstar page and the most recent event update is D1 VPC Recieved back on the 16th. Dealer ETA is blank.

It looks like the dealer may have been a bit over zealous in their estimation.

Just received this:

-D
Arjy (08-31-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 C63 Deliveries