Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2019 | 03:56 PM

GLC 63 SUV
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit
I have a EC Tune, so far no issues, but I always wondered about DME and almost went with them, but had already purchased. Anyway, do they just put the tune on there, or do hey give you a MyGenius handheld so you can add and remove at will? Last, do they DYNO the car before and after or make any changes individual to each car by data logging, driving it? Or do they just have a tune they have worked up that they use based on mods?
When I purchased the tune from them, they included a mygenius in the price. It was shipped to me then I had to email my stock file back. After they emailed me the tunes map, they didn’t do anything else. I loaded the tune on my car and that was it.
Old 11-22-2019 | 03:58 PM

GLC 63 SUV
Originally Posted by jinnsound2
I just got my DME stage 2 tune last week. Make sure you change your spark plugs on your tuned cars every 10k miles currently my car is running a tad rough..i can also confirm that DMEs Tune Pulls hard, I had the euro charged tune as well, and there's no comparison. plus the customer service at DME is top notch, Good guys
did you change the spark plugs yourself or bring them to Mercedes? If the latter, what was your reasoning to them for changing the spark plugs?
Old 11-23-2019 | 01:32 AM

2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I added my WC Stg 2 Tune at 21,000 miles. I didn’t plan on messing with plugs and Jerry didn’t tell me to do anything.

What PLUGS are you guys changing them to Specifically? Specs/Brand?

Why are you guys changing plugs? Was something happening. Or is it a Proactive Step to help with eliminating Detonation?

Are you just going to a colder plug? Any potential negative with swapping plug?

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 11-23-2019 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2019 | 01:54 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit
I added my WC Stg 2 Tune at 21,000 miles. I didn’t plan on messing with plugs and Jerry didn’t tell me to do anything.

What PLUGS are you guys changing them to Specifically? Specs/Brand?

Why are you guys changing plugs? Was something happening. Or is it a Proactive Step to help with eliminating Detonation?

Are you just going to a colder plug? Any potential negative with swapping plug?
tuned, change plugs at 25k. Stock plugs. Stock gap. No need for anything else with a proper tune.
Old 11-24-2019 | 11:11 AM

2019 AMG G63, 2020 AMG C63s Coupe
I notice on DME tuning website it shows the 2020 C63s produces less HP than the 18' and 19' model years? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Shows the 2020 model producing 469HP whereas the previous model year producing 503. Guessing it's a typo.

For people who have the DME tune for their C63s Coupe, have any of you run into warranty issues with your dealership when you take it in for service?
Old 12-05-2020 | 07:33 PM

2020 w205 C63S
Originally Posted by Rochviper
Has anyone confirmed on a dyno the DME tune results? They seem to claim fairly higher results than most tunes. The stage II w/ catless downpipes is 650HP/730TQ at the crank. Is this real?

honestly I just had my 2020 C63s tuned by DME last week I had my Computer flashed (stage2) catless.. This past weekend I dyno measured the car....... not happy at all. The car made a measly 509WHP. The car comes with 503HP I understand that there is a 12% loss of power from engine to wheel I get that.

then what doesn’t help is that I messaged them because honestly that number is trash... spend $2,300 to make the same amount of HP your car comes with from factory? Lol like I said I understand the 12% loss.. my stock C63s before the mods made 460HP on the dyno. Because of the 12%.... but supposedly they are “tested and proven” but they don’t advertise “crank” as well. DME TUNING IS VERY MISLEADING. And upon buying the tune the representative never told me that I need to spend another $2000 on a CPC unlock in order to actually feel a great difference in the performance of the vehicle. If they would have been honest with me I wouldn’t have bought the tune because why would I spend this amount of money on a tune that I won’t be able to feel? unless I spend another $2000 for the CPC to feel the DME tune... let’s be honest here... 500 WHP is extremely disappointing when they promise 650HP/730TQ they are very misleading like I said I understand the 12% loss but this tune is not worth $2300 maybe half of that would be a good deal. Extremely disappointed.

ooooh yeah they basically told me to screw myself if I want the stock tune back and I would have to pay them five hours labor (about $600) to remove the computer and put it back in.

honestly I learned my lesson to trust DME tuning I’m cutting my losses with them I’m not even going to ask for my money back I’m just gonna take my business elsewhere.
Old 12-05-2020 | 09:59 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by D7chino
honestly I just had my 2020 C63s tuned by DME last week I had my Computer flashed (stage2) catless.. This past weekend I dyno measured the car....... not happy at all. The car made a measly 509WHP. The car comes with 503HP I understand that there is a 12% loss of power from engine to wheel I get that.

then what doesn’t help is that I messaged them because honestly that number is trash... spend $2,300 to make the same amount of HP your car comes with from factory? Lol like I said I understand the 12% loss.. my stock C63s before the mods made 460HP on the dyno. Because of the 12%.... but supposedly they are “tested and proven” but they don’t advertise “crank” as well. DME TUNING IS VERY MISLEADING. And upon buying the tune the representative never told me that I need to spend another $2000 on a CPC unlock in order to actually feel a great difference in the performance of the vehicle. If they would have been honest with me I wouldn’t have bought the tune because why would I spend this amount of money on a tune that I won’t be able to feel? unless I spend another $2000 for the CPC to feel the DME tune... let’s be honest here... 500 WHP is extremely disappointing when they promise 650HP/730TQ they are very misleading like I said I understand the 12% loss but this tune is not worth $2300 maybe half of that would be a good deal. Extremely disappointed.

ooooh yeah they basically told me to screw myself if I want the stock tune back and I would have to pay them five hours labor (about $600) to remove the computer and put it back in.

honestly I learned my lesson to trust DME tuning I’m cutting my losses with them I’m not even going to ask for my money back I’m just gonna take my business elsewhere.
Sounds like you've never tuned/modded a car.

Though 509whp is low for a tuned W205, you gained roughly 50whp over stock. The tune is clearly uploaded on the car. They may have been referring to an additional transmission tune to hold more power capacity than your current software. Like mentioned earlier, the ECU tune is clearly uploaded on the car, there could be other factors that caused it to be low. What gas were you running? When did you last change spark plugs, was car misfiring at all? What was the temperature out when on the dyno, was there dyno fans set up on the car? Why don't you post the dyno sheet (stock dyno and tuned dyno if you can).

Last edited by 1slick_c63amg; 12-05-2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2020 | 10:38 PM

2020 w205 C63S
Originally Posted by 1slick_c63amg
Sounds like you've never modded a car.

Though 509whp is low for a tuned W205, you gained roughly 50whp over stock. The tune is clearly uploaded on the car. They may have been referring to an additional transmission tune to hold more power capacity than your current software. Like mentioned earlier, the ECU tune is clearly uploaded on the car, there could be other factors that caused it to be low. What gas were you running? When did you last change spark plugs, was car misfiring at all? What was the temperature out when on the dyno, was there dyno fans set up on the car? Why don't you post the dyno sheet (stock dyno and tuned dyno if you can).
I was very specific on any prerequisites I needed to see that power. I kind of feel like they gave me a stage 1 instead of 2... lol and also I’m not really new at this I also have a 900WHP Cressida I built myself as well.. I just didn’t tune it my self lol and I’m running 93 brand new spark plugs, no misfires. I’m in Ny so it was pretty chilly last weekend maybe low 40s and yes sir I shall post up both sheets
Old 12-05-2020 | 10:46 PM

C63 AMG
I was very specific on any prerequisites I needed to see that power. I kind of feel like they gave me a stage 1 instead of 2... lol and also I’m not really new at this I also have a 900WHP Cressida I built myself as well.. I just didn’t tune it my self lol and I’m running 93 brand new spark plugs, no misfires. I’m in Ny so it was pretty chilly last weekend maybe low 40s and yes sir I shall post up both sheets
Just seems odd that you can't comprehend what drivetrain loss is. C63s aren't dynoing 500+whp bone stock. 460-480whp is more realistic, and according to you... you dynoed 460 stock, so why do you keep implying your tuned car is making the same power as a stock c63s? Despite my remarks, I do agree that 509whp is low for S2 and Catless DP. I've seen ~550 dynos on S2 cars, making it 90whp delta over stock (compared to the 50 whp you gained.)

Looking forward to seeing your graphs, let's look at the delta and power curves as well and not just the peak figures.

Last edited by 1slick_c63amg; 12-05-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2020 | 12:43 AM

C63s coupe

when I was stage 2 DME with downpipes, I dynoed at 516 to the wheels
Old 12-07-2020 | 02:31 PM

2016 C63S W205 2019 E63S W213
was going to go with dme but went with a tuner by the name of kirklandhans , great tuner and great customer service. Dyno'd at 522whp and 580wtq on pump gas . He also gave me a map for race gas which will bump me up to 550/560whp.
The following users liked this post:
PandaAMG1 (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020 | 09:10 PM

17 c63s edition 1 cabriolet, 2018 gls450

i wish i did some research myself before going with DME. i was actually trying to get a dinan tune (yes they make it for it) but it was used from someone else car which they provided vids and charts but i did not take it to an installer. long story short i didnt get it installed. someone on the mbworld forum after i post that up recommend me to DME. I got it tuned in NJ where i am from and first thing that happen was a check engine light. I need new plugs and coils which i was confused but covered under warranty (had to detune the car before going to do the work). I trust brands like renntech but i did not want to spend towards 3k for it. someone on ig wanted to tune their car and ask me which tune i used, they themselves got the tune and returned it. im guessing DME over boosts honestly. i ran my car without the tune for a while because for whatever reason in sport plus the stock exhaust noise was gone completely. would i ever use DME again probably not. the car has been sold since which i left the tune on the car.
Old 12-08-2020 | 01:34 AM

'17 GLE63S / '18 C63S Coupe
2018 C63S Coupe with DME Stage 2 tune and catless DP. I have not done a dyno run but i'm very happy with my butt dyno! I need to find more traction.
Old 12-09-2020 | 06:36 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Alec63
was going to go with dme but went with a tuner by the name of kirklandhans , great tuner and great customer service. Dyno'd at 522whp and 580wtq on pump gas .
91 or 93?
AMGDC78 (12-09-2020)
Old 12-10-2020 | 02:53 PM

2016 C63S W205 2019 E63S W213
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
91 or 93?
when i dyno'd i was on 91
Old 12-11-2020 | 06:07 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Alec63
when i dyno'd i was on 91
​​​​​​That's right where he told me I'd be on 91, around 530whp. That's good to hear.
Alec63 (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020 | 11:47 PM

2018 AMG GTC Roadster. 2013 SL65 2018 GLC63

This is exactly why I always end up back at Renntech, you pay for it up front instead of paying once then going to them. My 19 C63S runs absolutely FLAWLESS. DME is making great strides in the mclaren world and on the F8x platform but I only trust Renntech. Just my .02.
Old 12-13-2020 | 04:02 PM

C63s Estate
A few weeks ago I was looking at where to do Stage 1. Finally, after a lot of reading and comparing (DME, Kirklandhans, Renntech, Kleemann, Weistec... And more) I decided on PP-Perfomance by Jimmy Pelka. The car works perfectly, but with that extra power I was looking for and have an ak47 in sport+ :-) I recommend it. I still don?t understand very well what provides the CPC unlocking if you already have a Stage 1 or 2 What are the benefits of having the CPC unlocked?
Old 12-25-2020 | 07:05 PM

C63 AMG
Warranty question

Is there a way to get MB to change my spark plugs since it’s under warranty? I’m at about 45k miles.
Old 12-25-2020 | 07:45 PM

17 c63s edition 1 cabriolet, 2018 gls450
Originally Posted by Clamelken2
Is there a way to get MB to change my spark plugs since it’s under warranty? I’m at about 45k miles.
i got mine done under warranty. do you have a check engine light?
Old 12-25-2020 | 10:05 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PandaAMG1
i got mine done under warranty. do you have a check engine light?
no, but I’m trying to get them done before the warranty runs out lol
Old 03-19-2022 | 09:57 AM

2017 AMG C63s
Recent dyno

Recently dynoed my 2017 c63s. 52K miles. Stock turbos. Stage 2 DME tune with 200 cell catted downpipes and modal works intakes.

Mustang dyno:
568 hp @5300 rpm
633 ft/lb @5100 rpm

Of course power drops off very hard after 5500.

BTW this car is for sale if anyone is interested. Houston, TX.

Last edited by Dexter Talbert; 03-19-2022 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2023 | 12:20 AM

2019 c43 AMG
Originally Posted by PandaAMG1
sorry for the late reply, but i live in new jersey which dme is about 25 minutes from my house. I took it there and mo detune it and brought it to mercedes. and then after service i took it right back to get it retune.
Just curious, where did you get your tune done? I am also in NJ. Which dealership did you go to? I have been wanting to tune my c43 but was afraid I would lose my warrenty.
Old 02-23-2023 | 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
What kind of 0-60 & 1/4 mile times u guys getting with these 550+ hp ?
hard to hook up?