Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Catless DP’s in Texas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2019 | 09:36 PM

ED1 e63S
Anyone with Catless DP’s in Texas?

If so, how are you guys passing? Help a brother out if you got a contact in the DFW area. 😬
Old 08-23-2019 | 01:25 PM

2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
If so, how are you guys passing? Help a brother out if you got a contact in the DFW area. 😬
problem is going to be with a CEL or readiness of the emissions system. In TX you can have 1 system in 'not ready' state, so if you can get a tune that will clear or suppress the CEL then you could probably just roll up to any inspection shop and pass.
Old 08-23-2019 | 01:46 PM

ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
problem is going to be with a CEL or readiness of the emissions system. In TX you can have 1 system in 'not ready' state, so if you can get a tune that will clear or suppress the CEL then you could probably just roll up to any inspection shop and pass.
Yep. I have the Eurocharged tune but from what they’ve told me before, I don’t believe they have the capability to do that. I was curious if anyone had any other experiences they might have had in how to bypass it.
Old 08-25-2019 | 11:56 PM

2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
Yep. I have the Eurocharged tune but from what they’ve told me before, I don’t believe they have the capability to do that. I was curious if anyone had any other experiences they might have had in how to bypass it.
Does Eurocharged support changing the tune with a handheld and cable yet?

If not ... You could send ECU back to Eurocharged for a stock flash but thats a lot of hassle and downtime.

Or just invest in a spare stock flashed ECU to have for yearly swapping.

On other platforms I have seen where people have created or sold simple wired devices that you can use to fake the front catalytic converter signal to the ECU, but the results seem to be pretty inconsistent and I don't know if anyone even makes something like that for our vehicles.

Or you might just have to "know a guy"

Last edited by LessIsMore; 08-25-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2019 | 10:39 AM

ED1 e63S

If not ... You could send ECU back to Eurocharged for a stock flash but thats a lot of hassle and downtime.

On other platforms I have seen where people have created or sold simple wired devices that you can use to fake the front catalytic converter signal to the ECU, but the results seem to be pretty inconsistent and I don't know if anyone even makes something like that for our vehicles.

Definitely don’t care enough to do any of that. I was mainly looking for “a guy.” 🤣
Old 08-26-2019 | 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG

Uhh... flashing back to stock or swapping ECU's doesn't fix emissions with cattless DP's.
Old 08-26-2019 | 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Just because the tune suppresses the CEL does NOT mean you will pass. Where are you getting all this information??
Old 08-26-2019 | 05:17 PM

2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by skim7x
Uhh... flashing back to stock or swapping ECU's doesn't fix emissions with cattless DP's.
You are right, I was reading/responding to threads late and guess I was tired and conflated different topics.
Old 08-26-2019 | 05:21 PM

2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by skim7x
Just because the tune suppresses the CEL does NOT mean you will pass. Where are you getting all this information??
If you dont have a CEL, and the stations dont (usually) do a visual for OBDII vehicles, and emissions is the only system in Not Ready state ... you should pass. In Tx.

If theres no tune that will suppress the CEL then theres no way to pass a legit inspection. You need "a guy".
Old 08-27-2019 | 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
If you dont have a CEL, and the stations dont (usually) do a visual for OBDII vehicles, and emissions is the only system in Not Ready state ... you should pass. In Tx.
... Are you sure? So you are telling me that
the OBD2 can say "NOT emissions compliant", but as long as the CEL light is off, you'll pass emissions??