Sponsored by:

DME or Eurocharged ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2019 | 03:28 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Gearhead888
DME +1 here, 2 weeks & pulling strong
what stage and fuel? I guess it's hard to describe but how does it pull compared to stock across the RPM range?
Old 09-11-2019 | 12:49 PM
Banned

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
what stage and fuel? I guess it's hard to describe but how does it pull compared to stock across the RPM range?
Stage 1, I run premium only...high RPM is substantial difference, I really love getting on the entrance ramp to the freeways now!
Old 09-12-2019 | 06:52 AM

2016 c63s
Originally Posted by gpdriver177
Did the warranty cover this?
Luckily yes because I know several people at the dealership personally
Old 09-13-2019 | 01:45 PM

2007 E350
deleted

Last edited by koifysh; 09-20-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2019 | 03:06 AM

2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I got a EC Stage 1 and 2 Tune. Had 1 on for several weeks. Then put Stage 2 on and that is what’s on now.

The only other mod is an AWE SwitchPath exhaust. My tune feels good to me and I notice a big difference. I get tire spin in the first 3 gears and even at 60 +mph.

So so far so good. I know some have had issues and I believe them. But they do thousands of tunes, and I am guessing the problems with the TUNE at least are in the minority compared to all the tunes they do.

I would have felt felt better in ANY tune if it was done on a dyno to make sure the Air Fuel Ratios Are correct. It’s not possible for any tuner to get every car perfect from AFAR. You really have to check everything and adjust accordingly. That being said, I think for EASY cars, with basically no mods, I think they can get the tune close enough for most customers.

Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2020 | 04:03 AM

2016 Mercedes E63s AMG
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I would not put EC's tune on any of my cars going forward. Had their tune on my 2014 E63 and it was flawless, on my C63 it was terrible.

DME is overpriced and over hyped, but at least they deliver on what they promise. No complaints so far with DME tune on my C63.
I have a 2016 E63s AMG W212 M157, you think i should go with EC or DME. More on the DME side but just wanted some suggestions before i make the decision
Old 08-25-2020 | 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I recently was about to purchase a preowned M5 Competition and found out it had been tuned by DME, blew his engine, got it rebuilt ava is trying to sell the car. Just a heads up. That said I only got this information third hand off the M5 boards and it's only 1 side of the story... I'm always wary of car businesses that focus SO much on marketing because I feel like they they can hide anything with enough marketing on social media... Distracts people from the bad outcomes... And they were pretty rude to me when I was contemplating buying from them.

I ended up with a EC tune for 2 years and ran with 0 problems.
Old 08-25-2020 | 09:36 AM

2017 C63S Coupe
i think its safe to say that the bottom line is no tuner is fool proof. At the end of the day if youre getting a tune, you should be ready to face the music if something goes wrong.

Ive had my car for two years now and next summer I too will be getting a tune. Will most likely go with Renntech just for the piece of mind factor even though here in Toronto EuroCharged is the only local shop for me.
Old 08-25-2020 | 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by untamedd
i think its safe to say that the bottom line is no tuner is fool proof. At the end of the day if youre getting a tune, you should be ready to face the music if something goes wrong.

Ive had my car for two years now and next summer I too will be getting a tune. Will most likely go with Renntech just for the piece of mind factor even though here in Toronto EuroCharged is the only local shop for me.
After the experiences on this forum with EC, I would NOT recommend them to clean out my trash cans... compete BS from them..

I personally use RennTech, and yes they are a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for with them.. What Stage are you getting ??
With respect to Stage 1, there are only a couple of items that Stage 1 tune does for ALL tunes, by most tuners.. its not super duper magic.. it comes down to who and how.... RennTech owner came from AMG, and his staff is top notch across the board.

Old 08-25-2020 | 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Eurocharged does offer a 2 year warranty with their tunes, btw... I liked that about them as well. I doubt any of these companies do a ton of R&D on their tunes... half of them buy the software from the same source anyways... I think moving forward in the future, I'll just be going with specific well-reputed tuners and get custom dyno tunes rather than OTS tunes... more efficient / effective / safer IMHO. Of course, that only applies of the tuner is legit... I've found a good one in DFW so I'll be using them... if any of you guys in DFW are interested in the tuner, send me a DM on here or IG.

Funny how my tuning decisions have evolved from Piggyback --> OTS ECU tune --> Custom remove ProTune --> Custom Dyno Tune. Wonder what everyone else's experience has been.

Last edited by skim7x; 08-25-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2020 | 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by skim7x
Eurocharged does offer a 2 year warranty with their tunes, btw... I liked that about them as well. I doubt any of these companies do a ton of R&D on their tunes... half of them buy the software from the same source anyways... I think moving forward in the future, I'll just be going with specific well-reputed tuners and get custom dyno tunes rather than OTS tunes... more efficient / effective / safer IMHO. Of course, that only applies of the tuner is legit... I've found a good one in DFW so I'll be using them... if any of you guys in DFW are interested in the tuner, send me a DM on here or IG.

Funny how my tuning decisions have evolved from Piggyback --> OTS ECU tune --> Custom remove ProTune --> Custom Dyno Tune. Wonder what everyone else's experience has been.
I'd carefully read the TOU's about EC's "warranty" on their tunes. If you blow a motor or turbo, or damage anything of substantial value, good luck getting a dime from them. Read the fine print.

The only guys in the business that offer real, legitimate tune warranties for Euro cars AFAIK in the US is Dinan and APR (APR Plus program) - both of which are owned by the same corporation.
Old 08-25-2020 | 12:02 PM

2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by C3504matic
So the time has come ....warranty has expired and time to get a tune for my "S" . I'm leaning towards DME but Eurocharge seems to also be a favourite of many . I had considered BMS but considering there has hardly been any feedback ,no dyno's or 1/4 mile times to be seen I tossed that thought out the window. My car is all stock engine wise so it would be a stage 1 tune and no plans to put downpipes in at this time

So tell me about your experience and performance gains . Anyone gone head to head with a DME and Eurocharged tunes c63s ?
I for one, am extremely disappointed in DME. I had their stage 2 tune for my catless 17 C63S AMG. I asked them pointed questions about how/if data is being reported ACCURATELY to the ECU from TCU (I’m TCU tuned) and could not get a reliable answer.

My car would pop check engine lights randomly and upon scanning them (codes P2A0D, P0182, P010812) I sent the codes and a brief narrative to DME. They told me to clear them the first time and the second time, actually responded to the specific codes when I sent them again.

The third time I had check engine lights pop, I again asked about data reporting accurately to the ECU and they laughed, dodged the question and told me it was without a doubt caused by my TCU tune. I was polite, simply asking for help and got an email with an “lol” in it pertaining to an $85k motor.

I flashed back to stock (still tuned TCU) and now my car is faster than it was with stage 2 ecu and tuned TCU.

dme provides a cookie cutter, hot n dirty tune so to speak. Crank up the boost, push timing and fudge TQ numbers to cheat the ECU into thinking its making less power than it is. Looks to me like the perfect recipe to grenade motors and drive trains.

Steer clear of companies who put everything into marketing and nothing into R&D and cust service.

*Its come to light in my TCU users group (50+ members) that 3 people have had trans/motor failure on DME tunes.
Old 08-25-2020 | 01:45 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Ive heard good things about Velos as well but that name barely gets mentioned in the turning posts here
Old 08-25-2020 | 02:55 PM

2019 E63s
There is a new company out there too; it’s called @apexmotohaus, check them out
Old 08-26-2020 | 04:38 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Wexlax732
*Its come to light in my TCU users group (50+ members) that 3 people have had trans/motor failure on DME tunes.
I'm curious what actual issues were on those three vehicles?

I did a ton of searching for reviews on tunes in this site and private messaged several people and couldn't find anyone unhappy with how their dme tune performed, let alone had any issues. I'm two months into my stage 2 dme tune and it certainly pulls much harder than stock, but I'm still testing and playing with the car. I have had a code go off twice now for map sensor 2, but upon researching that code it seems to happen to lots of people on all different tunes so I'm hopeful it's just the sensor that needs replacing (seems to be common) . I'm just running a 91 octane tune from them and I'm adding about 10 percent e85 to each tank just for the added safety/knock resistance, but stories like these do make me nervous. There is a local guy with a brand new s63 going around saying a DME tune ruined his motor as he had a main bearing issue but I can't possibly see how that could be anything but a lubrication issue or defect or something.
Old 08-26-2020 | 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
If that’s true, that’s a very high rate of failure given how few have been TCU tuned. A ~6% trans/motor failure rate on a product that was just launched is not confidence inspiring.

Maybe tuners need to start accounting for TCU upgrades with new software updates/revisions - because it was all written/ported over prior to any TCU tuning being available in the US.

Wexlax - do you know if any failures were on the W205 platform? It seems most TCU upgrades are on W212 E63‘s.
Old 08-26-2020 | 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I'm on oetuning and zero issues so far.
Old 08-26-2020 | 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by skratch77
I'm on oetuning and zero issues so far.
Hey Skratch, which model car you have that on ? I think I saw before you had a c63 .. but dont see on your profile or sig lines.. (just curious)
Old 08-26-2020 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Hey Skratch, which model car you have that on ? I think I saw before you had a c63 .. but dont see on your profile or sig lines.. (just curious)
Just picked it up. 2017 c63s coupe
Old 08-27-2020 | 08:25 PM

2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
I'm curious what actual issues were on those three vehicles?

I did a ton of searching for reviews on tunes in this site and private messaged several people and couldn't find anyone unhappy with how their dme tune performed, let alone had any issues. I'm two months into my stage 2 dme tune and it certainly pulls much harder than stock, but I'm still testing and playing with the car. I have had a code go off twice now for map sensor 2, but upon researching that code it seems to happen to lots of people on all different tunes so I'm hopeful it's just the sensor that needs replacing (seems to be common) . I'm just running a 91 octane tune from them and I'm adding about 10 percent e85 to each tank just for the added safety/knock resistance, but stories like these do make me nervous. There is a local guy with a brand new s63 going around saying a DME tune ruined his motor as he had a main bearing issue but I can't possibly see how that could be anything but a lubrication issue or defect or something.

I told you that people I know had motor failure/trans failure due to DME tunes. This was long before TCU tunes were a thing. You’ve heard on your own from another AMG owner that’s they experienced engine failure due to a DME tune. You have had issues already and still have a DME tune on your car why? Because you already spent the loot and don’t want to accept what you’re hearing. It’s a thing, buddy. DME tunes clearly cause issues.
Old 08-27-2020 | 08:32 PM

2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
If that’s true, that’s a very high rate of failure given how few have been TCU tuned. A ~6% trans/motor failure rate on a product that was just launched is not confidence inspiring.

Maybe tuners need to start accounting for TCU upgrades with new software updates/revisions - because it was all written/ported over prior to any TCU tuning being available in the US.

Wexlax - do you know if any failures were on the W205 platform? It seems most TCU upgrades are on W212 E63‘s.

Not sure, trying to find out as we speak.

I’m frustrated, having directly asked DME for an answer and basically being laughed at. Spending two g’s on a tune, one would think they’d be a little more inclined to make some adjustments and work with me rather than the alternative. (Dumping that POS tune and flashing back to stock immediately/searching for a tuner and a dyno pronto).
Old 08-28-2020 | 05:34 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
I told you that people I know had motor failure/trans failure due to DME tunes. This was long before TCU tunes were a thing. You’ve heard on your own from another AMG owner that’s they experienced engine failure due to a DME tune. You have had issues already and still have a DME tune on your car why? Because you already spent the loot and don’t want to accept what you’re hearing. It’s a thing, buddy. DME tunes clearly cause issues.
LOL, I purposely made sure to type out my response in a way that it was clear I was just looking for more info and not that I didn't believe you. I wasn't challenging what you were saying, I was simply asking what problems these people had for my own knowledge since this tune is new to me/my car. I'm not sure why you're so defensive, but it's not a good look. However, I lost interest as you've made it clear you're one of THOSE people.

And for the record, I have no allegiance to DME. If I decide I want to try another tune, or four, I'll do it. A tune is barely the cost of a new set of tires.

Furthermore, your car must be some unicorn if it's faster stock when you're trapping 126.4 mph tuned...
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8114058

Let me know if you need this reply decoded in it's intended tone, buddy.

Last edited by ShaneN.; 08-28-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2020 | 02:01 PM

PFL C63s EC Stage II
So what is the best way to go (catless)? Im leaning towards eurocharged!?!??
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-30-2020 | 04:13 PM

2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I have a EC Stage 1, 2, have both tunes to load on my 2017 AMG C63 Sedan. So far no issues. Some have had issues. In a perfect world, I would have liked to DYNO the C63 Stock, then Load Tune, and do a Dyno after on a Stock AMG. That is the only REAL way to not only know about power and torque increases but to ensure the curve looks correct and to compare the curve and power delivery Pre & Post Tune. Also to ensure the air-fuel ratios are correct and your car isn't running too rich or too lean.

I have had my tune on 1 year and no issues that I know of so far and been to the dealership 2 times since I had the tune on, but I always take it off prior to going. With ALL the people that TUNE their Cars, WHY don't we have many videos of regular Benz Owners doing a STOCK Dyno prior to the tune, then adding the tune and showing the numbers and the graphs afterward? Another nice test would be to use Draggy and get Base Line Numbers for 1/8, 1/4, and 60-130 mph. ADD Tune, then get same numbers to see what is really going on and how much, if any actual gains are happening?

I didn't do it because I wasn't motivated at the time to do that. I am in Dallas and EC was in Houston. If I was in Houston or near ANY tuner that tuned my car. I would 100% make them do a dyno BASELINE, add tune, then do an After Tune Dyno! I have read threads of this happening, but haven't seen a regular member take a video in real-time doing the dyno, showing numbers, then adding the tune, and doing a post dyno run shortly after showing the results of the increases on video. There are so many claims of getting great Power, OR, where the tune sucks and feels like it didn't add anything. Unless you have a Dyno Graph, the HP/TQ Numbers, and or DRAGY Pre & Post Data then its all just SOTP Feel and guestimates.

I honestly was happy with my tune, but also now that I have had it a while, I honestly don't KNOW if it has made the car better and doesn't know if it is running correctly (air/fuel being correctly set, HP/TQ numbers). PRE HP/TQ vs. POST to see what I REALLY Gained if anything? It feels Faster for sure.

Also, I'd LOVE to know what parameters ALL THESE TUNERS are changing? I KNOW each has a different level of expertise and methodology, BUT I'm sure they all do similar things and adjust similar Parameters of the Tune to gain more POWER, ie... RAISE BOOST? Shift Points increased, Timing Changed, etc. I would LOVE for a TUNER (even anonymously) say WHAT changes are being made, and they don't have to give their secrets, but an example. I am raising Boost on the cars, I am changing the timing, Changing shift points, modifying air-fuel ratios, etc. Does ANYONE KNOW what the main things they are changing? AND what Software are these Tuners Using? My Vette used HP Tuners, but I am not usre what SOFTWARE is being used on the W205's?

I have a DRAGY but only used it a few times POST tune and it wasn't in an ideal place (or temperature, it was HOT) to make the runs. I just did it haphazardly as I was testing out the Dragy the 1st time. BUT my 1/8th mile was only 8.1 @ 97.12 MPH (2.19 60 foot time) and my 0-60 was 4.27. Now I had CRAP $100 tires on the car at the time I bought it that someone put on. I JUST got Pilot Sport 4 S's added last week at dealer so that could help with spinning, but it is 100 degrees out now (105 yesterday) so it isn't the ideal time for getting great numbers. But those numbers didn't AMAZE ME! If I ever get a New Tune. I'd do ALL 3! STOCK Dyno Numbers................... EC Tune Numbers.......................Then NEW Tuner Numbers....................................... that would be so interesting. I've read bashing on several tuners and EC has had this happen as well. So those that hated their tune, I wish they would DYNO CAR with the TUNE they aren't Happy with, THEn ADD the NEW TUNER's TUNE, and do a POST DYNO to see What you are really gaining with a NEW TUNE/TUNER! If you gained 50-75 HP from one tune to the next you would be happy and start to wonder about your Prior Tune. However, if there was a10 HP Gain, you'd be like, They aren't doing anything MAGICAL to warrant spending more money and flushing $$ for your existing tune down the drain. Also drivability is also something that may be subjective and could help make 1 tune better than another even if HP/TQ #'s were similar.

NOW the thing I CAN DO, and we all can do who have a tune and Dragy. is Load Stock Tune and go do some Runs for 1/8,1/4,60-130, or whatever parameters you want to use. Then ADD TUNE, and do the same tests. That was you at least KNOW with actual DATA and Numbers if your Car is gaining Performance, HOW MUCH of a Gain, or if your car is staying flat or in SAD cases, doing WORSE.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 08-30-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2020 | 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
When you guys flashed your tunes on the car did you get any error messages on the dash. I got diff lock inoperable after flashing tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DME or Eurocharged ??