Sponsored by:

Maintaining Magno Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 05:05 PM

Received 97 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 AMG E63s Ed1
let me put some rumors to rest.

(i know it is not a C class but it is Magno Black).

Here is my 131,000+ ish miles 18 E63s. I just ceramic coated it on Wednesday August 9th, 2023.

Only PPF is front quarter.

biggest take aways, use soaps that do not have ANY gloss enhancers or waxes or sealants or coatings.

if using wheel dressing, make sure it is silicone free and do not put so much that it slings.
I myself use a 2 bucket method to wash. Power washer ok but the 2 bucket method is preffered.

Probably the biggest item, avoid washing in direct sunlight. THAT will leave soap residue that will require harsher chemicals or even CLR to remove.

With that said, I wash roughly about once a month and during the winter, i push it through the touchless car wash at the gas station once a week. More importantly, i get the option to spray the underside of the car to remove the salt used to de-ice the roads here in MN. No waxes, just soap and rinse.. done.

Last edited by figuwx; 08-11-2023 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,423 Likes on 2,064 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by figuwx
let me put some rumors to rest.

(i know it is not a C class but it is Magno Black).

Here is my 131,000+ ish miles 18 E63s. I just ceramic coated it on Wednesday August 9th, 2023.

Only PPF is front quarter.

biggest take aways, use soaps that do not have ANY gloss enhancers or waxes or sealants or coatings.

if using wheel dressing, make sure it is silicone free and do not put so much that it slings.
I myself use a 2 bucket method to wash. Power washer ok but the 2 bucket method is preffered.

Probably the biggest item, avoid washing in direct sunlight. THAT will leave soap residue that will require harsher chemicals or even CLR to remove.

With that said, I wash roughly about once a month and during the winter, i push it through the touchless car wash at the gas station once a week. More importantly, i get the option to spray the underside of the car to remove the salt used to de-ice the roads here in MN. No waxes, just soap and rinse.. done.
Car looks good! Good job maintaining it and thanks for sharing your tips.

Wait so touchless car wash doesn't damage magno? Didn't know that.