Sponsored by:

Tuners....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 08:45 PM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Tuners....

Thought this would be funny to throw up in the M177 world.

First dyno sheet is DME on full 100 octane (500awhp). Fuel issues galore, they leaned on the car so much im surprised my car didn’t come a knocking like another unfortunate GLC owner with the same tune.. DME blamed the car but I’d definitely say it’s the tuners problem. They love adding the torque to make you feel fast, but really its just garbage. I like to call them the Bang Energy for the tuning lol. I received a full refund after 9 months of having the tune.

Second dyno sheet is Jerry from Eurocharged on E35 blended fuel at consistent 598awhp. Car runs consistent, no fueling issues and most of all a SAFE tune.

Car was on the same exact dyno under the same conditions.

Know who is tuning your car is all I gotta say.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:02 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Additional info would be helpful. Are you saying you picked up 100 awhp switching from one tune to another without any changes in hardware?
Old 11-27-2019, 09:04 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
You'd want to post your logs showing boost, timing (knock), AFR, and high fuel pressure, to confirm the tuning is safe.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 c63 Sedan
First time I've heard anything negative about DME. About to pull the trigger on a stage 1 tune for my 2017 c63 (non s).

So another GLC owner had issues? I assume it was not a stage 1 tune?
Old 11-28-2019, 01:11 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63S Coupe
What is going on with the first sheet? It looks like multiple partial runs of one tune then a full run of a completely different tune
Old 11-28-2019, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by billyzeek
First time I've heard anything negative about DME. About to pull the trigger on a stage 1 tune for my 2017 c63 (non s).

DME is a great company with terrific customer service. I’ve used them for my McLaren and my GLC63. They have an excellent reputation. This post is so short on details that it’s a joke.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BMS
You'd want to post your logs showing boost, timing (knock), AFR, and high fuel pressure, to confirm the tuning is safe.
If this is terry you got my logs when I was tuning with DME. As you stated “I’m not sure what the hell is going on” lol

Originally Posted by billyzeek

its better to buy a stage 1 considering there is no difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. That’s first hand experience from another member.

Yes another GLC owner blew his motor on this same tune.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
What is going on with the first sheet? It looks like multiple partial runs of one tune then a full run of a completely different tune
that’s how inconsistent the tune was. The guy on the dyno was baffled. Immediately after seeing the numbers he said get this tune off your car.

Originally Posted by G55K
DME is a great company with terrific customer service. I’ve used them for my McLaren and my GLC63. They have an excellent reputation. This post is so short on details that it’s a joke.
They went silent for 3 months. Sent me multiple tunes that my car couldn’t even drive. Would buck like a bronco and stall.

I’ve had all the cars you can imagine. maybe you are new to tuning but this is not how you tune cars. Everyone should see the results because no one has truly dynod a DME vehicle.

like I said the bang energy of tuning vehicles.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:24 AM

HPFP was at unheard of levels all the time. Couldn’t push more than 18psi without crashing out. That’s 4psi over stock...

I’m currently pushing 23psi and shaved .4 seconds off my 1/4th mile on eurocharged tune.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr
If this is terry you got my logs when I was tuning with DME. As you stated “I’m not sure what the hell is going on” lol
lol what is your first name I'll go search my email. For the new flash lets see those logs too, maybe add it to datazap so you can post it here? Not sure if this forum allows CSV to be attached. 598whp is a ton of power though, glad it's finally working right. 10s 1/4 miles just around the corner?
Old 11-28-2019, 02:05 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63S Coupe
All of those runs in the first sheet were in the same gear on the same tune??? How is that even possible? Did it throw any codes?

I don't love the tuning market for these cars. Coming from much more sorted, competitive markets where dyno tuning is the norm, these canned tunes on $40k+ engines make me nervous. I've been logging my Velos tune and it seems solid so far, but we'll see.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 11-28-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:50 PM

its better to buy a stage 1 considering there is no difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. That’s first hand experience from another member.

Yes another GLC owner blew his motor on this same tune.

that’s how inconsistent the tune was. The guy on the dyno was baffled. Immediately after seeing the numbers he said get this tune off your car.

They went silent for 3 months. Sent me multiple tunes that my car couldn’t even drive. Would buck like a bronco and stall.

I’ve had all the cars you can imagine. maybe you are new to tuning but this is not how you tune cars. Everyone should see the results because no one has truly dynod a DME vehicle.

like I said the bang energy of tuning vehicles.
If you consider 30 years new to tuning/modifying than I guess I'm new. I can't remember the last time that I didn't own at least one heavily modified vehicle. Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, McLaren, the list goes on and on. What I have learned is that tuning can become a nightmare when you try and mix and match different hardware with different tuners. That's why I use one tuner/shop for everything. Currently I have a McLaren tuned by DME, A Mercedes GLC63 tuned by DME, a Mercedes GLC63 tuned by Renntech, And a 9 second Audi built by Iroz. The rest of my vehicles are stock.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:10 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
Which DME did you get the tune from ?
Old 11-28-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BMS
lol what is your first name I'll go search my email. For the new flash lets see those logs too, maybe add it to datazap so you can post it here? Not sure if this forum allows CSV to be attached. 598whp is a ton of power though, glad it's finally working right. 10s 1/4 miles just around the corner?
I'll email you again directly off our same chain of emails.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
All of those runs in the first sheet were in the same gear on the same tune??? How is that even possible? Did it throw any codes?

I don't love the tuning market for these cars. Coming from much more sorted, competitive markets where dyno tuning is the norm, these canned tunes on $40k+ engines make me nervous. I've been logging my Velos tune and it seems solid so far, but we'll see.
Yes, same gear and same tune. cClearly anyone that can read a dyno sheet would know.... car couldnt get passed 4500rpm.

If you consider 30 years new to tuning/modifying than I guess I'm new. I can't remember the last time that I didn't own at least one heavily modified vehicle. Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, McLaren, the list goes on and on. What I have learned is that tuning can become a nightmare when you try and mix and match different hardware with different tuners. That's why I use one tuner/shop for everything. Currently I have a McLaren tuned by DME, A Mercedes GLC63 tuned by DME, a Mercedes GLC63 tuned by Renntech, And a 9 second Audi built by Iroz. The rest of my vehicles are stock.
Good for you. I take it none of them have seen a dyno or you'd be putting up your own sheets. The difference between the both of us. If you'd like we can start posting pictures of what we have. I have no problem with that. I like real numbers or nothing. Clearly anyone can talk. Thats what the forums are for.

Originally Posted by C3504matic
Which DME did you get the tune from ?
Mo from DME Jersey.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:26 PM

Also your 10.4 TTRS doesn't suite your claims of a 9 second Audi. Just a small search on your forums dont lie
Old 11-28-2019, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63S Edition 1
This is Mo with DME Tuning. We worked with Nick for many months trying to get his tune dialed in. Unfortunately, we could not make him happy after all of our efforts. He had some issues with his HPFP and upgraded his to a Weistec HPFP. We provided him with many different versions which none of them worked very well. He also was using a JB4 and wanted a tune that worked with that. We have a lot of experience with using a JB4 with a backend flash but we really did not have any with this car. We run our tunes a little rich for safety which was probably the cause of all of our issues but we didn’t want to lean the car out running the JB4.

He asked for a refund after using our tune for 9 months and we gave him a refund because he wasn’t happy at the end. I thought the fact that we refunded him would ease the “bad blood” between us but I guess I was wrong. He was also tuned by Weistec before he came to us but they didn’t give him a refund. If you have any questions just email off our Instagram DM as I don’t check this site that often. Furthermore, I do not know why you put this is the C63 section as we have re tuned many cars that Eurocharged had no luck with on this platform but we choose not to market our product by bashing another tuner. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by nightblack63; 11-29-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:38 AM

Yes, same gear and same tune. cClearly anyone that can read a dyno sheet would know.... car couldnt get passed 4500rpm.

Good for you. I take it none of them have seen a dyno or you'd be putting up your own sheets. The difference between the both of us. If you'd like we can start posting pictures of what we have. I have no problem with that. I like real numbers or nothing. Clearly anyone can talk. Thats what the forums are for.

Mo from DME Jersey.
Wait, you’d like to start posting picture of what we both have? 😂. I’m in. And Dyno sheets of which vehicles? I have a bunch.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:41 AM

Also your 10.4 TTRS doesn't suite your claims of a 9 second Audi. Just a small search on your forums dont lie
You’re killing me! 😂 I ran a 10.2 @142 mph with a DA of 8600’. Would you like me to post the time slip tomorrow?
Old 11-29-2019, 12:52 AM

Here you go. Aug 15th at Bandimere on a 90F day. DA was over 8700’.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by nightblack63
This is Mo with DME Tuning. We worked with Nick for many months trying to get his tune dialed in. Unfortunately, we could not make him happy after all of our efforts. He had some issues with his HPFP and upgraded his to a Weistec HPFP. We provided him with many different versions which none of them worked very well. He also was using a JB4 and wanted a tune that worked with that. We have a lot of experience with using a JB4 with a backend flash but we really did not have any with this car. We run our tunes a little rich for safety which was probably the cause of all of our issues but we didn’t want to lean the car out running the JB4.

He asked for a refund after using our tune for 9 months and we gave him a refund because he wasn’t happy at the end. I thought the fact that we refunded him would ease the “bad blood” between us but I guess I was wrong. He was also tuned by Weistec before he came to us but they didn’t give him a refund. If you have any questions just email off our Instagram DM as I don’t check this site that often. Furthermore, I do not know why you put this is the C63 section as we have re tuned many cars that Eurocharged had no luck with on this platform but we choose not to market our product by bashing another tuner. Thanks for your time.
It amazes me when someone builds a vehicle using a mix of products from different companies and then expects their vehicle to run properly without a custom tune done on sight. I’ve used DME for several years now with a few different platforms and have been very impressed with the results and customer service. And, I’ll use DME again.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:14 AM

Mo from DME Jersey.
And another thing. Who gives a crap about a Dyno sheet. Post time slips.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:13 PM

Wait, you’d like to start posting picture of what we both have? 😂. I’m in. And Dyno sheets of which vehicles? I have a bunch.
You’re killing me! 😂 I ran a 10.2 @142 mph with a DA of 8600’. Would you like me to post the time slip tomorrow?

Here you go. Aug 15th at Bandimere on a 90F day. DA was over 8700’.
It amazes me when someone builds a vehicle using a mix of products from different companies and then expects their vehicle to run properly without a custom tune done on sight. I’ve used DME for several years now with a few different platforms and have been very impressed with the results and customer service. And, I’ll use DME again.
And another thing. Who gives a crap about a Dyno sheet. Post time slips.
still no 9 daddy

simple considering you immediately start raving about the cars you own lol

its not a bash it is a simple apples to apples comparison. DME took 9 months to give that tune and eurocharged took 2 weeks to create this. The mods list makes no difference to the tuner if the variables are understood. These aren’t eBay parts lol. The list is short.. Weistec turbos, downpipes and a Renntech HPFP

i love getting people riled up on forums lol
Old 11-29-2019, 09:18 PM

still no 9 daddy

its not a bash it is a simple apples to apples comparison. DME took 9 months to give that tune and eurocharged took 2 weeks to create this. The mods list makes no difference to the tuner if the variables are understood. These aren’t eBay parts lol. The list is short.. Weistec turbos, downpipes and a Renntech HPFP

I’m not riled up. And where did I “rave” about my cars? I just simply dislike when someone like you bashes a good company because they’re ignorant. That’s all. Very simple.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:32 PM

I’m not riled up. And where did I “rave” about my cars? I just simply dislike when someone like you bashes a good company because they’re ignorant. That’s all. Very simple.
“Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, McLaren, the list goes on and on.”

come cook daddy dinner😂

Last edited by KingMonkeyJr; 11-29-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:55 PM

“Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, McLaren, the list goes on and on.”

come cook daddy dinner😂
Sorry, I was just responding to this: "I’ve had all the cars you can imagine. maybe you are new to tuning but this is not how you tune cars".

Old 11-30-2019, 04:03 PM

still no 9 daddy

You're right. It's not a 9. It's a 10.28 at a DA of 8700'. Deep into the 9's all day long at sea level.

Do you like calling other men "daddy"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuners....