P2629 CEL on W205 C63 AMG 2019

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
666WHP and 804WTQ Stage 3 2017 C63 AMG W205
Angry P2629 CEL on W205 C63 AMG 2019

Hello Guys,

I was reading all the post related to this CEL code and none of them quite describe my situation hence the new post.

A few days ago I got a CEL and it ended up being P2629 so I went ahead and replaced both upstream sensors with OEM ones from the local dealer.

Right after the install we cleared the code (both with my HP Tunners handheld and then at the actual dealer with the Mercedes tool) and the code came back up. As per the MB tool the sensor seems to be off or having some sort of short circuit. I have attached some screenshots from their tool's monitor.

The code that is coming back up is the same meaning same sensor and same side so the odds of just it being a faulty sensor are low but it is possible.

However I wanted to ask the experts here a few questions:

1- Is there a fuse linked to the o2 sensors? I read the fuse diagram that came with the car and I did not find anything.
2- Have I missed any other possible electrical issues like a band ground,etc?

More than anything I am open to suggestions and guidance ​​since (as you can see in one of the log picture) the car is not idling/running well (see LT Fuel Trim Bank 2 values) I also noticed that the voltage on that particular sensor is just sits on 0.90 V rather than move up and down as the other sensor does.