C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Zion National Park Today In My Other German Car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2020 | 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Went to Zion National Park Today In My Other German Car...

Gorgeous day at Zion National Park today. It was 55 degrees and sunny. This part of the park is only available to vehicles for a few months during the winter. Otherwise, it is accessible by park shuttle only. Hoping to go back next week in my C63S weather permitting and I'll post some of those pics. Taken with my iPhone X.

The following 5 users liked this post by benzbell:
DylanM (01-06-2020), lebreeze (01-21-2020), nslac (01-05-2020), purplewidow (01-06-2020), Tuxdude (01-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020 | 06:42 PM
Xec

IG: @amg.svr
Focken awesome

You actually never see yellow GT3’s. Looks great!

Thoughts on the Huracan vs GT3RS?
Old 01-05-2020 | 07:13 PM

2019 AMG C63S
That drive through Zion is so scenic, done that few times once during a winter and few more times during summers. The GT3 looks amazing.
Old 01-05-2020 | 08:59 PM

C63S, Gallardo
Beautiful GT3RS! Nice color combo. I had a Lamborghini in a similar shade of yellow. Definitely an attention grabber.
Old 01-05-2020 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Xec
Focken awesome

You actually never see yellow GT3’s. Looks great!

Thoughts on the Huracan vs GT3RS?
Here it is from RL.

Here is my comparison between my 2019 GT3 RS and 2019 Huracan LP 580-2. I waited a couple of weeks and 1,500 miles to get some seat time in the RS first. I don't think another couple thousand miles would change my opinion much or add to this.

Accessories: RS back up camera looks like it came from a car 10 years ago and so does the Huracan’s. I think both are horrible. Low resolution with a couple of guide lines. Base stereo sucks in the Huracan. Bose in the RS not so bad. It’s nice the garage door opener and cruise control came standard in the RS. It costs in the Huracan – what a joke. Huracan has fold in mirrors, front and rear parking sensors and that’s about it over the RS. Both have front axle lifts, apple carplay and other standard items.

Cabin/Practicality: Huracan has one cup holder (optional - lol) on the passenger side which is very flimsy and not very functional. No center console or storage to speak of. Front trunk is good for a gym bag and a couple of towels. You do have a small shelf behind the seats for some small things. RS cabin space, room and practicality feels like a small studio apartment in comparison to the Huracan. RS wins hands down here.

Ergonomics: Huracan has a motorcycle style turn signal switch on the steering wheel. It's a bit clumsy in operation but you get used to it. I also dislike the high beam switch on the steering wheel that is right above the turn signals. I find it small and I'm constantly fumbling to find it, which takes several seconds when you need it most. For whatever strange reason the Huracan power windows switches are backwards. Meaning what is supposed to be down is up and vice versa. Drives me nuts - I get it wrong every time. I dislike the functionality of the switches for the climate control on the RS. They are cheap plastic with a cheap sounding click. Don’t care for all of the blank switches on the center console of the RS. I’ve even seen that on the special edition Turbo S as well. I can easily tell Porsche uses a lot of the same switch gear across their line. I do understand that keeps costs down.

Instruments/Controls: I like the climate controls in the Huracan better. Very simple and in reach and they are rotary knobs. I dislike fumbling for them in the RS and having to click to make adjustments. Huracan has a simple with dials/buttons climate control and I like it better. Instrument cluster I feel in the Huracan is better as well. Let’s face it only 2 of the 5 dials in the RS are worthwhile to look at. Two outer ones you can’t even really see and I never look at the speedo. I watch my speed at the bottom of the tachometer. Huracan has and uses a lot of tech from the Audi MMI system which just plain works.

Ride: I really can't say one is rougher/smoother than the other in town. On highways the RS feels a bit more planted/solid. Whereas, the Huracan feels a bit nervous and twitchy to me. Not saying it's all over the road or unstable. Just the feeling I get is all.

Engine/Sound: They both sound amazing in their own way. It's like trying to choose between Mozart or Beethoven. Some days you might prefer one and some days the other.

Speed: To me you feel the torque more in the Huracan. So therefore, it feels faster - up to a point. Anyways, as the revs climb in the Huracan it just pulls and keeps winding/screaming/howling up to 8500 rpm with paddles. In sport (automatic mode) the Huracan will shift at 8800 rpm. It just seems to go faster and faster as you approach that redline and it gets more exciting. It hauls a** for sure. I think part of it is it's artificially enhancing your sense of speed because of how visceral/loud it gets as you approach redline. On the other hand, the RS really seems to come alive between 7-9,000 rpm. That is where my butt dyno tells me the RS is faster than the Huracan

Steering: RS def. better. It's quicker, more precise and better road feel. Huracan not bad or far off from the RS.

Transmission: After driving the RS. I would say the Lamborghini LDF (DCT) is a tick off at worst and right there at best with PDK. Others have said the LDF transmission in the Huracan shifts quicker than a Porsche PDK. I don’t think so. However, they both are really good. I do like the big column mounted shift paddles in the Huracan more. They are better than the RS's small steering wheel mounted ones.

Daily Driver: The RS hands down makes for a better daily driver. Mainly because of better overall visibility, cabin room and storage space. Huracan is low and difficult to get in and out of also. For reference I’m 6’2” tall and 190 pounds. I dislike having to crane my neck down to see stoplights, which I don’t have to do in the RS.

Visibility: Huracan has excellent front visibility. Although you still have to crane your neck at stoplights like I mentioned already. Side view mirrors are wide and placed really well. Side mirrors don't have the auto dimming feature like the RS. Since the car sits so low if you have a truck behind you or large SUV at night. In shines glare at you if you look at the mirror in the Huracan. Rear visibility is extremely poor in the Huracan. RS is better there and all the way around in general.

Security: I have more of a sense of security in the Huracan. I believe this has to with the way one is cocooned in the cabin. I feel more vulnerable in the RS if that makes any sense.

Warranty/Service: RS - 4 years/50k miles. Huracan - 3 years/36k miles. Porsche dealers are a lot more ubiquitous than Lambo dealers. Both points weigh in favor of the RS.

Engineering: One simply cannot deny the 50 plus years of improvements in the 911. What they’ve done is remarkable and at the end of the day it is a better engineered car than the Huracan.

Attention: As much attention as my racing yellow RS gets and it does get quite a lot. My Huracan gets more and mine is just a white metallic color is all. I’m sure it has to do with the wedge shape of the Huracan. Lambo has made its way into the younger generation through rap videos, superhero movies, social media, young/rich Hollywood stars and more. This perpetuates to the younger generation that Lambo is hip/cool/rebellious and rockstar like. Porsche in general is seen as boring but some models look cool.

Reliability: Lol – do we really want to go there after my PDK replacement snafu? I understand it was a very rare thing that happened to me. Huracan has an outstanding track record for reliability as does the RS. Just wish they would have ponied up to a 4-year warranty like Porsche. Everyone says German engineering and Italian design when it comes to the Audi side of Lamborghini. Also, for those who may not know. Lamborghini makes the engine for the Audi R8. Some people think it’s an Audi engine in the Huracan and that’s not true. The Lambo V-10 traces its roots to the mid 80’s.

Miscellaneous: It’s hard to classify what an RS is. Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren are super cars. No question. What is an RS? I consider it a super car in its own right. Most others just see it as a sports car only. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

Conclusion/Preference: It's like having two hot girlfriends. A sexy Italian brunette and a hot German blonde. Which do you choose? As I said earlier, you might prefer one over the other depending upon your mood. Each has their respective pluses and minuses. I love them both.
The following 2 users liked this post by benzbell:
purplewidow (01-06-2020), Xec (01-06-2020)
Old 01-05-2020 | 11:46 PM

2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 Cabriolet, 2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
So, your other German car is a beetle?
Old 01-06-2020 | 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SDRider
So, your other German car is a beetle?
A beetle on steroids - yes.
Old 01-20-2020 | 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Beautiful GoPro Drive In Zion Park with 3 RS... 3-minute video. Amazing day up there again. It's just so majestic. Make sure your youtube playback quality is set to 1080p60 for best results. Sweeping rock is at 52 seconds.

Old 02-01-2020 | 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Went to Zion in my Huracan today. This is coming up to sweeping rock from the other side. This part of the park is only available to cars for a short time during the winter. Otherwise it is park shuttle only. Make sure your youtube playback quality is set to 1080p60 for best results and turn up the volume.

The following users liked this post:
Tuxdude (02-02-2020)