Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Center Console Rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2020 | 01:03 PM

2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
New Center Console Rattle

I've lost count of how many rattles my car has. But after months of no new ones popping up, yesterday I noticed a really annoying one come from the center console. I already removed the ashtray insert because as we all know that thing rattles from day 1.

I have an ASR module and secondary cat delete so I get a little bit of resonance around 2k RPM and thats when this rattle appears.

I found that if I press down on the circled areas in the picture the rattle stops, but beyond that I have no idea what to do, where to tape, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this rattle?

Old 02-06-2020 | 01:05 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
haha the infamous rattles... just learn to live with it man.

get an aftermarket exhaust to overpower the rattles
Old 02-06-2020 | 02:40 PM

2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Originally Posted by untamedd
haha the infamous rattles... just learn to live with it man.

get an aftermarket exhaust to overpower the rattles
I've learned to live with all of them but I don't think I can get over this one.

Do dealers take rattle issues seriously?
Old 02-06-2020 | 03:12 PM
Xec

IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by Encore818
I've learned to live with all of them but I don't think I can get over this one.

Do dealers take rattle issues seriously?
My dealer does and they've fixed stuff for me with felt (pano roof and a buzz from the dash vent)

Unfortunately a new one has popped up and it's within the right rear seat itself. Never a problem when I'm in Dallas with nice roads as it doesn't rattle. But now I'm in Houston where the roads are awful, and it is irritating over bad pavement especially when it's cold

It's really a shame that Mercedes couldn't get these issues right, as clearly it's a design problem with this being prevalent in all bodystyles even up to the E63 wagons. Brilliant cars otherwise
Old 02-06-2020 | 03:59 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Xec
My dealer does and they've fixed stuff for me with felt (pano roof and a buzz from the dash vent)

Unfortunately a new one has popped up and it's within the right rear seat itself. Never a problem when I'm in Dallas with nice roads as it doesn't rattle. But now I'm in Houston where the roads are awful, and it is irritating over bad pavement especially when it's cold

It's really a shame that Mercedes couldn't get these issues right, as clearly it's a design problem with this being prevalent in all bodystyles even up to the E63 wagons. Brilliant cars otherwise
Ha !!! The German engineers probably can't even imagine roads as bad as Houston's, so they don't design for such extreme conditions. I commute about 60 miles per day in Houston area, and the freeways are pretty good (other than the incredible amount of debris that one must dodge) but the surface streets are awful and getting worse every day. Take you eye off the road for one second to adjust the AC or the audio and you're gonna hit a freaking huge pothole, guaranteed. It's like an obstacle course. I don't blame the car, I blame the city and the roads.