Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
Exclamation Question regarding AMG C63S 2020

Hi
I am about to pull the trigger on a 2020 AMG C63S Convertible
Here are some of the hurdles I am encountering.

I am looking at the option 555 (performance seats) with option 858 (Magma nappa leather w/yellow stitching
However, this option doe snot allow me to get the heated and ventilated seats.

I went to 3 dealerships and each gives me a reason that does not make any sense. One says that it is because it's a convertible the air bag on the seat takes the space of the heating and vent motors (this does not make sense since this option is available with same seats and different stitching)
The other says that there is a glitch on the MB website and if I order the car with them they will make sure to talk to the rep to have it done.

Not comfortable with either answer, so I am coming to the source to see if anyone knows why this is not available.

I did see this combination on the coupe and the sedan, however, not on the convertible.

Thanking you all in advance

Old 02-18-2020, 07:47 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 464 Likes on 348 Posts
Good morning and welcome to MBworld!

I am moving your question to a forum with owners of the AMG C63S. Good luck!

Bob
Old 02-18-2020, 07:59 AM

AMG C63
Thank you Bob and sorry still need and trying to learn my way around here
sorry
Martin
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Good morning and welcome to MBworld!

I am moving your question to a forum with owners of the AMG C63S. Good luck!

Bob
Old 02-18-2020, 02:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E63s Sedan & 2019 C43 Coupe
I dont know how much the convertible affects this, but i know performance seats have had heating for a long time. I think with the facelift, ventilation was added as an option to the performance seats to. I'd expect that both should be possible. (But i dont actually know)
The following users liked this post:
Bieidesign (02-20-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,624 Posts
2019 C63CS
Welcome to the forum. I'm looking at the order guide and I see no restriction for the Heated & Ventilated Front Seats (401), except it requires leather upholsteries and it says not available with Heated Front Seats (873) and that might be the glitch in the system. The Heated Front Seats (873) are standard on the Cabriolet in the USA, so the system might be glitching, because it has to essentially remove a standard option in order to add the Heated & Ventilated Front Seats. This issue doesn't exist with the Coupe or Sedan, because option 873 and 401 are two separate options, but you can only select 873 or 401 for obvious reason. The online configurator on MBUSA.com never got this right for the Coupe, either. If you select the performance seats, you can't add ventilated seats in the configurator. Which MB website are they saying has a glitch? Ultimately, their order system has to allow the configuration, or otherwise somebody has to go in behind the scene and fix it. FWIW, I have 555 + 858 + 401 in my Coupe.

EDIT: BTW, I just checked the German Online Configurator, and this is definitely a valid combination even in the Cabriolet. The German Configurator correctly removes the heated seats, and replaces it with the heated and ventilated seats.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-18-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Bieidesign (02-20-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
The online website configurator is often full of bugs. The dealership's configurator should be more accurate.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe , 2014 BMW M5
Hello,

i have a 2020 coupe with the performance seats option 858. my car isnt a convertible though. i have heated seats but not ventilated as i heard the ventilated was really a gimmick more than anything else. not sure why they are telling you that you cannot get either but i can confirm that i have one of the options.
Bieidesign (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 11:56 AM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Bieidesign
Hi
I am about to pull the trigger on a 2020 AMG C63S Convertible
Here are some of the hurdles I am encountering.

I am looking at the option 555 (performance seats) with option 858 (Magma nappa leather w/yellow stitching
However, this option doe snot allow me to get the heated and ventilated seats.

I went to 3 dealerships and each gives me a reason that does not make any sense. One says that it is because it's a convertible the air bag on the seat takes the space of the heating and vent motors (this does not make sense since this option is available with same seats and different stitching)
The other says that there is a glitch on the MB website and if I order the car with them they will make sure to talk to the rep to have it done.

Not comfortable with either answer, so I am coming to the source to see if anyone knows why this is not available.

I did see this combination on the coupe and the sedan, however, not on the convertible.

Thanking you all in advance
I have a 2019 C63AS with performance seats. I have both the heating and ventilation--and as we discovered new for 2019--AIRSCARF as well.

I LOVE my performance seats. I've sat in them for hours a day in daily driving and no discomfort of any kind. You just have to set up the seat correctly since lumbar is fixed. Most people don't seem to understand that the seat back needs to be set more vertically...it's when it's too reclined I think one will have back issues...but i digress...

Only thing I can't comment on is whether the yellow-stitched seats are different in any way--ordering-wise--but mine have red stitching, so not sure what the difference could be...?

After a while on these forums, your own research makes you more knowledgeable than regular MB/AMG sales people, so those explanations they gave you are plain ol' horse dung. There is a glitch on the website though, which I complained about, but they still haven't fixed.

Anyway, happy ordering...i would order the performance seats with confidence in the cabrio!
Bieidesign (02-20-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 12:14 PM

AMG C63
Thank you very much
This will be a European Delivery, and my dealer in the US is claiming that due to the air bags the heating portion can not be added (I think this is bologna and a clearly statement that I have to find another dealer..;-)
Thank you for the valuable info!

Martin
Old 02-20-2020, 12:18 PM

AMG C63
Originally Posted by mrguitar
I have a 2019 C63AS with performance seats. I have both the heating and ventilation--and as we discovered new for 2019--AIRSCARF as well.

I LOVE my performance seats. I've sat in them for hours a day in daily driving and no discomfort of any kind. You just have to set up the seat correctly since lumbar is fixed. Most people don't seem to understand that the seat back needs to be set more vertically...it's when it's too reclined I think one will have back issues...but i digress...

Only thing I can't comment on is whether the yellow-stitched seats are different in any way--ordering-wise--but mine have red stitching, so not sure what the difference could be...?

After a while on these forums, your own research makes you more knowledgeable than regular MB/AMG sales people, so those explanations they gave you are plain ol' horse dung. There is a glitch on the website though, which I complained about, but they still haven't fixed.

Anyway, happy ordering...i would order the performance seats with confidence in the cabrio!
Thank you so much for the information.
I was looking for the red stitching on the performance seats, but this combo is not allowed in the cab, only in the coupe or sedan.
Thanks again for the info, much appreciate it

Cheers

Martin
Old 02-20-2020, 12:19 PM

AMG C63
Originally Posted by superswiss
Welcome to the forum. I'm looking at the order guide and I see no restriction for the Heated & Ventilated Front Seats (401), except it requires leather upholsteries and it says not available with Heated Front Seats (873) and that might be the glitch in the system. The Heated Front Seats (873) are standard on the Cabriolet in the USA, so the system might be glitching, because it has to essentially remove a standard option in order to add the Heated & Ventilated Front Seats. This issue doesn't exist with the Coupe or Sedan, because option 873 and 401 are two separate options, but you can only select 873 or 401 for obvious reason. The online configurator on MBUSA.com never got this right for the Coupe, either. If you select the performance seats, you can't add ventilated seats in the configurator. Which MB website are they saying has a glitch? Ultimately, their order system has to allow the configuration, or otherwise somebody has to go in behind the scene and fix it. FWIW, I have 555 + 858 + 401 in my Coupe.

EDIT: BTW, I just checked the German Online Configurator, and this is definitely a valid combination even in the Cabriolet. The German Configurator correctly removes the heated seats, and replaces it with the heated and ventilated seats.

Thank you very much
This will be a European Delivery, and my dealer in the US is claiming that due to the air bags the heating portion can not be added (I think this is bologna and a clearly statement that I have to find another dealer..;-)

Martin
Old 02-20-2020, 12:21 PM

c63s
Thank you so much for the information.
I was looking for the red stitching on the performance seats, but this combo is not allowed in the cab, only in the coupe or sedan.
Thanks again for the info, much appreciate it

Cheers

Martin
?? But I just said I have a 2019 Cabrio with Red Stitching in my performance seats? That is not an orderable color; it just comes with the seats automatically if you choose the red interior like I did. Hope that helps!
Old 02-20-2020, 12:21 PM

c63s
Thank you very much

Martin
NP and good luck! Yes, don't trust sales peoples' knowledge. haha
Old 02-20-2020, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,624 Posts
2019 C63CS
Thank you very much

Martin
Yeah, that seems clearly BS. I did European Delivery as well, but that should have no bearing. The driver/passenger seat airbags are the same for cab and coupe. They are in the side of the seat behind a plastic cover. The difference in the cab is that the side curtain airbags are in the door and deploy upward, because there is no roof and B pillar like in the coupe or sedan, but this does not affect the seats. If you are doing ED, you may wanna go through Herbert Haemmer at MB of El Cajon, CA. He has specialized in the ED program. You don't have to live in CA. He'll arrange for your car to be delivered to your preferred dealership at the end of the trip. I didn't use him, but I've heard good things from people who did. He even has his own website.

http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/