Sponsored by:

C63 efficiency upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2020 | 08:31 PM

2019 Subaru WRX
C63 efficiency upgrades

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and am starting to do some research on the c63s coupes. I wanted to make a thread to get your guys opinions on upgrades that you feel are necessary not only for power increase but also general reliability (think catch cans, cooling, drivetrain etc.). Whatever comes to mind I would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-02-2020 | 12:34 AM

amg C63s
The car needs nothing. There's very few corners cut. German engineered with AMG mods. There's no glaring shortcomings to the design. You get what you pay for and you pay a lot.
The following users liked this post:
///Bruce (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020 | 01:21 AM

2019 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by mstraka
The car needs nothing. There's very few corners cut. German engineered with AMG mods. There's no glaring shortcomings to the design. You get what you pay for and you pay a lot.
Haha I like that answer! But my concern is with the issues that come with direct injection engines, like gunk buildup on the valves. Wouldn't something like an AOS or a catch can be beneficial in the long run?
Old 06-02-2020 | 12:35 PM

2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by sammy808
Haha I like that answer! But my concern is with the issues that come with direct injection engines, like gunk buildup on the valves. Wouldn't something like an AOS or a catch can be beneficial in the long run?
Sure, probably ... but I have not seen a catch can for the w206 c63, which makes sense if you consider the challenges of the hot v putting intake manifolds separate and low on each side of the engine, and the lack of any room in the engine bay.

Meth injection is a good way to keep valves clean from carbon build up! Otherwise i imagine we will all have to get a valve cleaning procedure done at some point.