Sponsored by:

C63S Edition 1 Yellow Stripes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 02:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
C63S coupe ed.1
C63S Edition 1 Yellow Stripes

I have an edition 1 c63s and need to replace my matte yellow stripes on my hood. I need to replace them because they’re a bit dirty and showing dirt spots on them. I tried cleaning them but it just doesn’t come off. I wanna order new ones but I can’t find where to order them from. My friend had the dealer replace his but they put shiny stripes on his car, I really need the matte stripes. has anyone been able to find a place where they’re able to get these stripes from?

Old 06-03-2020, 05:55 PM

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a part # for them. It's vinyl installed on the car.

I'd suggest you pay a high end dealer to claybar the stripe and get it clean, as the stripe's measurements are NOT uniform (it goes from narrow to wide) throughout the length of the stripe, and is probably very difficult to replicate exactly (if you're that detail oriented).

On the flipside, if you wanna go simple and cheap, you can get a replica from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edition-1-A...0/324029195104
Old 06-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
any good wrap should be able to take measurements from your OEM stripe and template out a replacement in a matching vinyl.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 c63s edition 1
Any decent vinyl place can do this job. But they would replace the whole top stripe likely. Very hard after sun damage and fade to match perfectly. Unless you can get your hands on OEM.

I did mine myself in house and wasnt to difficult for anyone comfortable with vinyl experience. Stripes are slightly tapered so not dead straight

Old 06-05-2020, 09:40 AM

C63S coupe ed.1
Originally Posted by Davedg
Any decent vinyl place can do this job. But they would replace the whole top stripe likely. Very hard after sun damage and fade to match perfectly. Unless you can get your hands on OEM.

I did mine myself in house and wasnt to difficult for anyone comfortable with vinyl experience. Stripes are slightly tapered so not dead straight
Looks nice, i just want the matte yellow. I’ll have a wrap shop do them for me. Thanks for your help
Old 03-04-2021, 08:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C63S AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a part # for them. It's vinyl installed on the car.

I'd suggest you pay a high end dealer to claybar the stripe and get it clean, as the stripe's measurements are NOT uniform (it goes from narrow to wide) throughout the length of the stripe, and is probably very difficult to replicate exactly (if you're that detail oriented).

On the flipside, if you wanna go simple and cheap, you can get a replica from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edition-1-A...0/324029195104
You are wrong. There is a part # for everything on a Mercedes especially an AMG. Magno, I follow you on Insta, have an Edition 1 myself in NJ, and stumbled across your post on here now. I have the same exact problem as you with dirty vinyl and also need to replace the yellow piece under the hood on the grill. A while back I purchased aftermarket yellow stripes on eBay and it was much different than expected when it came in, more orange than yellow, which I never put on. After hours of searching, I finally found the part number, and an OEM stripe for the hood of my car is coming in tomorrow.

Part #: A 205 987 12 00 Code: 510 (this is an example, this section of yellow stripes is for the top bumper/hood area, each section of yellow stripes has an individual part number depending on the area you want to replace).

Detailed specs can be found here: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...WJ8HB8HF429445

Take down the part number(s) you need on the parts catalog website and then order the part from here: https://mbparts.mbusa.com/

Hope this helped! UPDATE: I received the yellow OEM stripe in the mail, it perfectly matches the one on the vehicle!!!

Last edited by mrnjstrong; 03-12-2021 at 04:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrnjstrong:
FDNewbie (03-06-2021), magno.amg (03-09-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Lol I'm very happy to be wrong, and very happy that you were able to find this mythical part #, cuz my dealer was completely clueless, and apparently that seems to be everyone else's experience when it comes to these cars thus far. So thanks for that!
The following users liked this post:
mrnjstrong (03-12-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 11:52 AM

C63S coupe ed.1
Wow, awesome... Im glad you were able to find them. Did you remove the existing ones yet? Wondering if you had any issues remove the residue left behind. Also, were the news ones matte?
Old 03-12-2021, 04:41 PM

2017 C63S AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
Lol I'm very happy to be wrong, and very happy that you were able to find this mythical part #, cuz my dealer was completely clueless, and apparently that seems to be everyone else's experience when it comes to these cars thus far. So thanks for that!
Hey, I didn't mean to come across as an a-hole by any means btw! But yeah it took a lot of time to find the website that I mentioned, and of course, every stripe section on the Edition 1 is separate, so there are a few part numbers for the stripes depending on the area you need to replace. On the same note, the website goes in-depth with every part and accessories for our Edition 1's and can help anybody looking for parts for their specific Mercedes since you can simply enter your VIN and other related vehicle information. I'm very glad I found it - my dealer was also clueless and didn't help at all, I was actually in contact directly with AMG in Germany and MBUSA about this matter but by that time I already found what I needed!

Best regards!

Last edited by mrnjstrong; 03-12-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:08 PM

2017 C63S AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by magno.amg
Wow, awesome... I'm glad you were able to find them. Did you remove the existing ones yet? Wondering if you had any issues remove the residue left behind. Also, were the news ones matte?
The yellow piece I needed was only for the top of my bumper, I had paintwork done on my front bumper, and they had to take off that small yellow piece that was there, so when I got it back, it wasn't there anymore, so I'm unsure if there is any residue left behind. However, I plan on getting the whole yellow stripe set that's for the top of the vehicle soon since it has faded over time, has water spots, and even some chips in the vinyl, probably from rocks kicking up. There is a night and day difference just with the small piece of the vinyl I replaced. I know you keep mentioning the "matte yellow," but what you are instead seeing is just years of the sun and other elements breaking down and fading the yellow stripes on the top. For example, if you look at your side skirt stripes, you can most likely see for yourself they are brighter than the stripe that's on the top since they are less exposed to the sun.

Best regards!

Here's a pic of my Edition 1, image quality sucks, I need to get a nice camera!

Last edited by mrnjstrong; 03-12-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by mrnjstrong
Hey, I didn't mean to come across as an a-hole by any means btw! But yeah it took a lot of time to find the website that I mentioned, and of course, every stripe section on the Edition 1 is separate, so there are a few part numbers for the stripes depending on the area you need to replace. On the same note, the website goes in-depth with every part and accessories for our Edition 1's and can help anybody looking for parts for their specific Mercedes since you can simply enter your VIN and other related vehicle information. I'm very glad I found it - my dealer was also clueless and didn't help at all, I was actually in contact directly with AMG in Germany and MBUSA about this matter but by that time I already found what I needed!

Best regards!
LOL no worries man. Just super happy there are actual part #s and that you found them

Meanwhile, every time I look at this thread, Davedg's extension of the yellow stripes down the front bumper is growing on me more and more...