C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the CarBahn tune from Steve dinan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 11:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 C63
Originally Posted by purplewidow
you 100% are being cheap!!! You bought a car with a warranty knowing the warranty will be voided.. doesn't matter the cost of the car that was the deal.. Knowingly violating an agreement and making the other party in the agreement pay when you are the one who voided it.. how is that not being cheap? lol they set up the deal and you broke it.. Well then what was the point of the deal no parameters open game? Not paying for the results of your actions when you signed the agreement and broke it and now there are financial repercussions MAKES YOU CHEAP AS ****.. trying to swindle out of a deal is LOW.. just because it is "the norm" doesn't make it right and because it is 100% financially motivated that makes you cheap that you don't accept financial responsibility for your actions in breaking the agreement you put your NAME down on. just because you spent what you consider a lot of money doesn't mean you just get to say **** it.. and i've been modding my cars for 20+ years.. this is the only one i haven't touched yet. Go ask the lambo and rarri modders if they are worried about voiding their warranty and they will LAUGH at you trying to save money trying to get your lil piggy or flash past merc. it's obviously about the money or the question wouldn't even be asked. CHEAP AS FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I mean, you're not wrong
Old 01-26-2021, 11:53 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=skratch77;8256942]
Originally Posted by purplewidow

not saying it hasn't happened but post a link to that person losing his warranty. It's all hearsay at this point. And we are not cheap if we pay 90k on our car and the dealer asks to put a tune on it we should not lose any warranty. You do know renntech founder is the other half of amg right?

and mercedes is not bmw our ecus are mod friendly without hard core encryption on them.
when you have internal engine issue, thats when they do the checking. my buddies piggy back cla45 was barely warrantied.... FYI mercedes and most mfg ecu's do have seed keys and encryption, epa requires it. i can flash and mod a bmw easier than mb ecu's, and i do deep coding and flashing with factory software. most tunes wont cause any issues though, keep if stock if you dont want to risk anything
Old 01-27-2021, 01:33 AM

2018 C63
Originally Posted by PhxC63s
If you look closer, they have just a ecu upgrade called stage 1 smooth power and is available with or without warranty, and a handheld tuner. The other stage 2 power package is different and comes with heat exhabger, tune, turbo upg, and an additional piggyback unit. Stage 1 package is just hht tune and turbo upg.
to find the tune only one i had to click the stage 1 package and then look below at additional/similar options at bottom and there it is.. it is 2200 for hht and warranty or only like 800 for software only and nothing else.

So I can definitely see why the confusion over all this.
How dependable is this warranty from carbahn?
Old 03-11-2021, 09:17 PM

2018 C63
With the 20% off sale it's $1600 for stage 1 tune and warranty! Im in!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Erik Apple
With the 20% off sale it's $1600 for stage 1 tune and warranty! Im in!
I think the stage 1 tune is the same as Dinan piggyback. I would rather get the piggyback that can be resale when you sale your car.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:51 AM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
I was on the phone with them last week and was seconds away from pulling the trigger as the sale price was attractive. Ended up going another route.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:24 PM

2018 C63
Originally Posted by boosted20v
I was on the phone with them last week and was seconds away from pulling the trigger as the sale price was attractive. Ended up going another route.
what did u do?
Old 03-13-2021, 01:25 PM

2018 C63
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
The good: Excellent power and torque, adds as much as any stage 1 only tune can safely do. I increased my 1/4 trap speed 5-6 mph over stock and the mid-range torque was monstrous, if not overwhelming over even my 305 PS4S’s - it makes daily driving even at lower rpms around town extremely fun and that’s the most important thing about these stupid expensive machines we purchase. It was also 100% reliable, I never had any issues with it. If anything, it exposes how badly this car needs to manage IAT’s when adding any boost (or even stock).

It also adds peace of mind with Dinan’s warranty (which comes at a cost, I paid around $1600 or so brand new years ago), and is completely undetectable when removed so I could bring it in for standard service or warranty work at the dealership. That was absolutely required for me, I was not willing to flash my ECU and overwrite OEM data in case **** hit the fan.

The bad: It’s a stage 1 only piggyback tune. It’s no flaw itself because that’s the intent of the product, but it can’t be tweaked for different setups or fuels. This is ideal for people who want to be conservative and just add gobs of torque and power, but not the best option for people who want to add downpipes, play with increased octane, ethanol, or water/meth, or go and upgrade turbos. I’d like to play around with ethanol and more bolt ons now that my factory warranty is winding down.

Also, compared to flashing via OBD, the install for many can be a PITA. For me, because I’ve gotten practice swapping it on and off for the dealership, it’s quite easy. Takes about 30 minutes if the plugs line up and cooperate. But still no where near the convenience of just flashing and overwriting the ECU via OBD.

The ugly: Nothing really. If all you want is a powerful, reliable, discrete stage 1 tune, there aren’t many options better than Dinan, and that’s factoring in their backed warranty when purchased new. Yes, there are other piggybacks on the market that can do more and some pretty special stuff, but they will not cover you if anything goes wrong. It could be unlikely anything ever does, but you never know...
How did it sound?
Old 03-13-2021, 09:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
Spoke to CarBahn yesterday about handheld stage one tune. To my disappointment I found out that its not Mac compatible.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:18 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
C63s AMG
Originally Posted by mstraka
Spoke to CarBahn yesterday about handheld stage one tune. To my disappointment I found out that its not Mac compatible.
Is any tuner Mac compatible?
Old 03-14-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 c63s sedan
Also spoke to carbahn about a month ago, and unfortunately they haven't developed obd tuning capability for the FL cars.
definitely not interested in pulling and shipping the ECU.
Until they are able to tune FL cars obd, they are but a consideration for me.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:51 PM

Received 362 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by SEAMG
Is any tuner Mac compatible?
If it runs under Windows and uses a USB connection (i.e., not a serial-port connection), you can almost always run it on a Mac via VMware or Parallels virtual machine ... I even run Xentry this way. Specifically, I'm using VMware 11.5.1 on MacOS 10.12.6 ... I don't like how the newer OSs keep taking features away and getting buggier 'n buggier).

The following users liked this post:
mstraka (03-15-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 11:53 PM

2017 c63s drop top
Originally Posted by Erik Apple
what did u do?

AMR, I was actually going to by the one Alex was selling on here and upon calling AMR to ask them some questions they gave me an outstanding price on a new one. Installed the stage I tune yesterday and went out this morning for some draggy results. Did before runs last week as a baseline. While my 0 - 60 and quarter mile were slower, (traction issues due to the added power, 1/4mi trap speed went up 3mph though) my 60 - 130 dropped just about a full second. Conditions were also not quite as good as last week.
The following users liked this post:
DIVINE AMG (03-15-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 11:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I'm interested in the Carbahn stage 1 flash tune but I haven't seen any reviews or experiences from actual owners. Has anyone come across any actual owners of the tune? Thanks Travis
Old 03-25-2021, 12:13 PM

2017 c63s drop top
Originally Posted by Momstmg
I'm interested in the Carbahn stage 1 flash tune but I haven't seen any reviews or experiences from actual owners. Has anyone come across any actual owners of the tune? Thanks Travis
When I was researching it I could only find one person on this forum and he wasn't happy with it. Do a search for CarBahn tune. Everything else takes you to the Dinan Piggy back
Old 03-25-2021, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 303 Posts
AMG C63s
Just wondering: if you have not seen reviews or reports form people who have it....what makes you so interested in that? Seems counterintuitive.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:41 PM

C63
"Just wondering: if you have not seen reviews or reports form people who have it....what makes you so interested in that? Seems counterintuitive." Lol @ tobeit.

Boosted20v, I searched "carbahn tune" and looked through a good bit of the topics that came up. I must not have found the right topic. Do you mind sharing the title? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:18 AM

2017 c63s drop top
"Just wondering: if you have not seen reviews or reports form people who have it....what makes you so interested in that? Seems counterintuitive." Lol @ tobeit.

Boosted20v, I searched "carbahn tune" and looked through a good bit of the topics that came up. I must not have found the right topic. Do you mind sharing the title? Thanks in advance.
Here is the thread I was referring to as I re-read his initial post his 1/4 time really isn't that bad from a tune only, trap speed is decent probably spun.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...tion-help.html
Old 03-26-2021, 11:57 AM

C63
Thanks Boosted.