C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to increase sound without voiding warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2020 | 07:53 PM

2017 C63S AMG
Catless or bust, kids 💥💥💥

Old 06-23-2020 | 08:01 PM

AMG GTC
Originally Posted by SimMB
Slick tyres are not approved for road use. There are numerous oil filters you can use that are perfectly adequate that will not cause warranty issues, same as brake pads.

So long as they meet the necessary standard there is little MB can do. I'm not sure what the standard is for brake pads but I can assure you MB will have to meet them, it's not the other way round.

It's not unusual to have multiple suppliers of the same product supplied to any manufacturer.

A catted downpipes that meet emissions standards would not cause a warranty issue. There really is little MB can do about it.
Really appreciate your input here. It’s very helpful and makes sense, logically. Do you have any recommendations for catted DP’s?
Old 06-23-2020 | 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Slick tyres are not approved for road use. There are numerous oil filters you can use that are perfectly adequate that will not cause warranty issues, same as brake pads.

So long as they meet the necessary standard there is little MB can do. I'm not sure what the standard is for brake pads but I can assure you MB will have to meet them, it's not the other way round.

It's not unusual to have multiple suppliers of the same product supplied to any manufacturer.

A catted downpipes that meet emissions standards would not cause a warranty issue. There really is little MB can do about it.
Replacing approved street brake pads, intake filters (like K&N are approved) and such is the same as using approved engine oil and windshield wipers. These are not modifications. Not sure about high flow cats but some maybe approved some don’t. But the question here is about modification deviating from manufacturer or other wise approved replacement parts aka after market modifications to the drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and chassis in general. Removing cats, tuning the engine, lowering the car etc are not manufacturer approved and they will take exception if something breaks and they have to pay for it. Your SA may let you get away with some minor stuff but you got to understand that big warranty repairs are beyond his authority and will be scrutinized. Long story short - you modify and assume the risk you may need to pay for repairs if it comes to it. No extended warranty will take that away, period. If you are not okay with that, don’t modify - can’t argue and ponder about that forever, it is what it is.
Old 06-30-2020 | 10:50 AM

C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
Aren't exhausts serviceable items? So long as you use pattern parts with the same spec you should be fine. It's like voiding a warranty for different brake pads.

Oil filter, pads, discs, tyres, exhaust, air filter (drop in), pollen filter etc are all replaceable and won't void warranty.

A decat might, but i can't see how a catted pipe would.
I agree with your logic, and have been lucky in the past with warranty and modifications, but also without modifications with Honda and BMW I have been told by the SA that a repair was denied and then the dealer went back and reopened the case and the manufacturer covered it (repeat tranny fail at 60k miles with Honda, turbos gone at 70k miles for BMW). I am just trying to avoid any headaches.

I took the C63S for rear diff oil change and to look at the tailpipe soot (which I thought was nonexistent with the fake tailpipes). Spoke with the SA, who said that downstream issues would not void engine warranty, but voids exhaust coverage. With that being said, he is the 3rd SA I have worked with at this dealership in the past 5 years, and the previous 2 seemed much more unterested in my issues/questions (you stay with one SA).
Old 07-01-2020 | 04:07 AM

2017 C43 AMG
It’s my first week in having Armytrix exhaust system installed on my C43, sound nice. Very similar to the P.E that is standard option. Has a control to open up flaps and close. Trying to break my habit of having them open and S+ 24/7. Love the new sound. I also questioned a couple SA. They suggested exhaust should be okay unless they can clearly find that the exhaust was an issue to the problem. I too have extended warranty.
Old 07-01-2020 | 08:52 AM

AMG GTC
Originally Posted by Jason Dyer
It’s my first week in having Armytrix exhaust system installed on my C43, sound nice. Very similar to the P.E that is standard option. Has a control to open up flaps and close. Trying to break my habit of having them open and S+ 24/7. Love the new sound. I also questioned a couple SA. They suggested exhaust should be okay unless they can clearly find that the exhaust was an issue to the problem. I too have extended warranty.
This is great feedback, thank you! I might wind up doing an aftermarket exhaust as well. Car has to go in for its 10K service relatively soon.. and plan on asking about it then.
Old 07-01-2020 | 10:49 AM

ED1 e63S
Maybe try the Modalworks intake? Dealer wouldn’t void your warranty for that.