New to the C63 Family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 09:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 c63 amg, Catless DP, Velos tune
New to the C63 Family

Hey Guys,

About a month ago I purchased my first c63. It is a 2017 non S. I decided to not go all out and go crazy as this is my first experience with the car and also my first experience with Mercedes in general.
Been browsing through a lot of the threads the past few weeks trying to learn as much as possible about the car.
I have a sever case of the mod bug and figured if I'm going to screw up my vehicle somehow might as well do it on the cheaper non s version then go all out on an 80k+ car and make a bunch of mistakes. The car is bone stock currently.
I have already ordered some Fi downpipes and a Velos tune. I want to focus on getting the car where I want it performance wise then move onto more cosmetic stuff later. I'm in the Dallas Texas area and would be down to meet up with some guys that are local and see some of the mods you guys have done.
Any recommendations of some good shops in the area would be highly appreciated. As of now I am doing the down pipes and tune myself.

Hope everyone is staying safe in the crazy time!

Old 06-25-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
ED1 e63S
Welcome man! I’m in Wylie. If you need a place to do the DP’s, my buddies shop is run by 2 AMG techs near Galleria off 635 and the Tollway called Modern Mercedes. Ask for Remington.
The following users liked this post:
Michael_W_ (06-26-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S Sedan
I recommend Modern Mercedes off of Midway and 635 for your aftermarket mods and servicing needs. My C63S is getting a FI exhaust installed there tomorrow and plan on getting downpipes and a tune in the near future.
The following 2 users liked this post by 214c63:
Michael_W_ (06-26-2020), OrientBlue3 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 AM

ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by 214c63
I recommend Modern Mercedes off of Midway and 635 for your aftermarket mods and servicing needs. My C63S is getting a FI exhaust installed there tomorrow and plan on getting downpipes and a tune in the near future.
Remington told me about your install. I told him to take lots of before and after vids! Can’t wait to see the results, heard nothing but great things about FI!
Michael_W_ (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 11:19 AM

I have a custom steering wheel I ordered that should be here soon. I will stop by and see if they could install it. There needs to be some electrical work done to add in the shift led light since my car doesn't have that. Appreciate the referral. The only place I have talked to in the area is Cedar Performance.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:09 PM

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
2000 c230 kompressor special edition, 2012 E550 coupe (sold), 2017 C63 sedan (sold), 2018 C63S Coupe
Congrats! I just picked up a 2017 non-s about a month ago as well, hope you're enjoying the new ride as much as I am! Just an FYI, if you're in manual mode in sport+ (maybe sport as well, not sure i never use that mode...haha) the shift lights pop up in the middle screen on the cluster.

Edit: just drove the car and the shift lights pop up even in comfort mode when you switch the trans to manual.

Last edited by crazy00c230k; 06-26-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Michael_W_ (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 02:16 PM

ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by Michael_W_
I have a custom steering wheel I ordered that should be here soon. I will stop by and see if they could install it. There needs to be some electrical work done to add in the shift led light since my car doesn't have that. Appreciate the referral. The only place I have talked to in the area is Cedar Performance.
While Cedar could work on your car, the vast majority of their work is on BMW’s. They are the BMW equivalent to Modern Mercedes. If it’s me, I’m taking my AMG to a place that only works on Mercedes and both the mechanics were AMG certified techs at the largest local dealers in Dallas before starting their own shop. Just my 2 cents if you’re still debating on where to go!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
While Cedar could work on your car, the vast majority of their work is on BMW’s. They are the BMW equivalent to Modern Mercedes. If it’s me, I’m taking my AMG to a place that only works on Mercedes and both the mechanics were AMG certified techs at the largest local dealers in Dallas before starting their own shop. Just my 2 cents if you’re still debating on where to go!

Thank you very much.. Cedar was just recommended to me by a friend who used to work on German cars. He was more of a BMW guy so it makes sense he recommended them to me. I will definitely take my car to Modern Mercedes. My Fi down pipes come in today. Super excited to get my first mod done.

My car didn't come with the dynamic performance exhaust so I'm really curious what kind of sound I'm going to get with the down pipes. I couldn't find any threads with people getting them done with my exhaust so I will report back the results after the weekend. The owner of my car was an older lady that I'm sure didn't care to much about the exhaust. If i'm unhappy with the sound I'm sure I could go with Awe track exhaust or the one with the valves.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 AM

ED1 e63S
Thank you very much.. Cedar was just recommended to me by a friend who used to work on German cars. He was more of a BMW guy so it makes sense he recommended them to me. I will definitely take my car to Modern Mercedes. My Fi down pipes come in today. Super excited to get my first mod done.

My car didn't come with the dynamic performance exhaust so I'm really curious what kind of sound I'm going to get with the down pipes. I couldn't find any threads with people getting them done with my exhaust so I will report back the results after the weekend. The owner of my car was an older lady that I'm sure didn't care to much about the exhaust. If i'm unhappy with the sound I'm sure I could go with Awe track exhaust or the one with the valves.
Remington and Justin will take care of you. Always come good eye-candy (car wise) there too when dropping off and picking up your car.

Regarding your exhaust, you might could ask them about removing your secondary cats when they do the DP’s. Are you going to cut out the stock ones or drop the tranny so you can reinstall them if you sell?

Also, are your DP’s catted or catless?
Old 06-29-2020, 03:48 PM

Remington and Justin will take care of you. Always come good eye-candy (car wise) there too when dropping off and picking up your car.

Regarding your exhaust, you might could ask them about removing your secondary cats when they do the DP’s. Are you going to cut out the stock ones or drop the tranny so you can reinstall them if you sell?

Also, are your DP’s catted or catless?

I was planning on cutting the DP's. I'm going completely catless.
OrientBlue3 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 05:36 PM

ED1 e63S
I was planning on cutting the DP's. I'm going completely catless.
I’ve heard the smell is relatively strong. Do you have a “guy” who can help you pass inspection? That was always my biggest barrier to doing them.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:44 PM

I’ve heard the smell is relatively strong. Do you have a “guy” who can help you pass inspection? That was always my biggest barrier to doing them.

Yes I do!!. Before this I owned a diesel truck with twin turbos and all kinds of goodies. I met a bunch of people who can easily get me to pass inspection whenever needed. I have heard conflicting reports on the smell. Some say its pretty bad and others say its not that big of deal. When I get everything on and up running I will let you know.
OrientBlue3 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 06:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S Sedan
Remington told me about your install. I told him to take lots of before and after vids! Can’t wait to see the results, heard nothing but great things about FI!
We ran into some issues with the solenoid but FI is sending a replacement this week.

I won't lie, I am a little disappointed with the FI exhaust simply because I lost the pops and bangs between 3-4k rpms and the downshifts. The signature AMG sound is essentially lost and the car needs to hit higher rpms for audible burble.
But I did order 200cpsi HFCs from ModalWorks over the weekend.. we'll find out how it sounds afterwards later this week or next week.
OrientBlue3 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 08:43 PM

ED1 e63S
Yes I do!!. Before this I owned a diesel truck with twin turbos and all kinds of goodies. I met a bunch of people who can easily get me to pass inspection whenever needed. I have heard conflicting reports on the smell. Some say its pretty bad and others say its not that big of deal. When I get everything on and up running I will let you know.
May have to PM you at some point about that! 😬
Michael_W_ (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 06:07 PM

Talking

May have to PM you at some point about that! 😬

For sure just pm me. She goes under the knife on Friday!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:11 PM

We ran into some issues with the solenoid but FI is sending a replacement this week.

I won't lie, I am a little disappointed with the FI exhaust simply because I lost the pops and bangs between 3-4k rpms and the downshifts. The signature AMG sound is essentially lost and the car needs to hit higher rpms for audible burble.
But I did order 200cpsi HFCs from ModalWorks over the weekend.. we'll find out how it sounds afterwards later this week or next week.
Thats disappointing your not getting the sound that you want. When I finish with my down pipes maybe we can meet up and compare.

OrientBlue3 (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:34 PM

ED1 e63S
Thats disappointing your not getting the sound that you want. When I finish with my down pipes maybe we can meet up and compare.
I can be the “stock” control. Lol. I just have filters, EC time and valve boxes.

Also, both of you ask Remington to disable your engine start/stop button. It’s life changing!
Old 07-01-2020, 07:30 AM

I can be the “stock” control. Lol. I just have filters, EC time and valve boxes.

Also, both of you ask Remington to disable your engine start/stop button. It’s life changing!
Like the auto start and stop button or the ignition button?

I would love to have the auto stop button disabled. I don't drive in comfort mode often but when I do I despise that button. Such an annoying feature. I purchased a 500 hp car i do not care about saving gas lol.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:42 AM

ED1 e63S
Like the auto start and stop button or the ignition button?

I would love to have the auto stop button disabled. I don't drive in comfort mode often but when I do I despise that button. Such an annoying feature. I purchased a 500 hp car i do not care about saving gas lol.
Yes, it disables the auto start/stop function. It’s great!
Michael_W_ (07-02-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 09:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
W205 C63 S
We should all have a C63 meet up sometime, these are all mods I want to do but I would much rather hear it in person first lol and meet up with fellow owners as well! I go to UTA in Arlington so we are not that far away
The following 2 users liked this post by Ksun_w205:
C63Texas (07-06-2020), Michael_W_ (07-06-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 04:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Convertible
Hey Guys,

About a month ago I purchased my first c63. It is a 2017 non S. I decided to not go all out and go crazy as this is my first experience with the car and also my first experience with Mercedes in general.
Been browsing through a lot of the threads the past few weeks trying to learn as much as possible about the car.
I have a sever case of the mod bug and figured if I'm going to screw up my vehicle somehow might as well do it on the cheaper non s version then go all out on an 80k+ car and make a bunch of mistakes. The car is bone stock currently.
I have already ordered some Fi downpipes and a Velos tune. I want to focus on getting the car where I want it performance wise then move onto more cosmetic stuff later. I'm in the Dallas Texas area and would be down to meet up with some guys that are local and see some of the mods you guys have done.
Any recommendations of some good shops in the area would be highly appreciated. As of now I am doing the down pipes and tune myself.

Hope everyone is staying safe in the crazy time!
Hi Michael
I am new to this also - incl the C63S AMG.

Would be interested in learning from any experiences you might post with your Merc.

Stay safe
David
Michael_W_ (07-06-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 09:04 AM

Yeah for sure guys I would be down to do a c63 meet up any time. Just send me a pm.

All I will have is down pipes and tune.
Custom steering wheel
Spacers

Non of these mods are done (as of July 2nd, 2020) but they will be done in the next month.
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael_W_:
C63Texas (07-06-2020), Ksun_w205 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63 Sedan
Hey everyone! I'm also in the Dallas area and I snagged a '18 C63 sedan (non S). I'm for sure going to go to Modern Mercedes when my service is due, and I will go through them or DME when it's tune time. I'd love to meet up as well.
Michael_W_ (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Down pipe install went well over the weekend. The beast is fully unleashed now. I did not go to Modern Mercedes for the down pipe and tune. I went ahead and did those myself. Install was not that bad. I did cut out out the cats. If you don't cut out the cats the process would for sure take a long time. The smell is not really noticeable inside of the car during driving. If you are standing outside of the vehicle the smell is very rich. Overall I'm super happy with the down pipes and the tune.

I have the normal stock exhaust. I do not have the valves. WOT it sounds amazing! Down shifts produce crackles and burbles. Really gives the vehicle a whole other personality. If anyone is on the fence PM me and we could meet up in the area.

Overall super stoked. I have some before and after videos. Once I upload everything to you tube I will put them in this thread. Here are some pictures from the install.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Down pipe install went well over the weekend. The beast is fully unleashed now. I did not go to Modern Mercedes for the down pipe and tune. I went ahead and did those myself. Install was not that bad. I did cut out out the cats. If you don't cut out the cats the process would for sure take a long time. The smell is not really noticeable inside of the car during driving. If you are standing outside of the vehicle the smell is very rich. Overall I'm super happy with the down pipes and the tune.

I have the normal stock exhaust. I do not have the valves. WOT it sounds amazing! Down shifts produce crackles and burbles. Really gives the vehicle a whole other personality. If anyone is on the fence PM me and we could meet up in the area.

Overall super stoked. I have some before and after videos. Once I upload everything to you tube I will put them in this thread. Here are some pictures from the install.

Did you get the Velos tune with pops/burbles added or without?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the C63 Family