Sponsored by:

COVID C63S Deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s
COVID C63S Deal?

Hi all! I have been Thinking about getting a c63s sedan as a new daily.

I found one well optioned ~$91K MSRP, with the dealer offering a ~10% discount +2 yrs maint.

Does anyone have any insight into the current state of business and discounting? If so, is this a good deal?

This will be my first AMG and want to make sure I am not missing anything, especially when combining COVID and this sitting on lot for a few months.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:29 PM

W205 Iridium Silver C63
Originally Posted by C63sMeMaybe
Hi all! I have been Thinking about getting a c63s sedan as a new daily.

I found one well optioned ~$91K MSRP, with the dealer offering a ~10% discount +2 yrs maint.

Does anyone have any insight into the current state of business and discounting? If so, is this a good deal?

This will be my first AMG and want to make sure I am not missing anything, especially when combining COVID and this sitting on lot for a few months.
As far as sales go it’s actually going really well(per my friends and family in car sales) People are asking for the “Covid discount” thinking they can steal cars but that isn’t the case at all.

Sounds like a good deal but always shop around and get some numbers before you commit. Just my two cents....
Old 06-28-2020, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
No steal deals anymore, high demand and low supply. Factories were shuts down for a while, dealers are not getting cars at the moment.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:51 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by Grigor
As far as sales go it’s actually going really well(per my friends and family in car sales) People are asking for the “Covid discount” thinking they can steal cars but that isn’t the case at all.

Sounds like a good deal but always shop around and get some numbers before you commit. Just my two cents....
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
No steal deals anymore, high demand and low supply. Factories were shuts down for a while, dealers are not getting cars at the moment.

Thanks for the replies! I had actually heard this from the dealer and it is good to hear this sentiment reflected by you all. 10% sounds like a decent amount considering all other factors. I'll have to think about it!
Old 06-28-2020, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by C63sMeMaybe
Thanks for the replies! I had actually heard this from the dealer and it is good to hear this sentiment reflected by you all. 10% sounds like a decent amount considering all other factors. I'll have to think about it!
comes down if you really want that car or not...and if you want a new car or not.

I bought mine in an unplanned, emotional moment w/o much research. Negotiated some and then decided to buy it because I wanted it and never looked back. On a grand scheme of things does it really matter if you can get another 1 or 2% negotiated? If you love it and dreamed of it and can afford it - go for it. If you have doubts - don’t.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,992 Likes on 3,138 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Agree that supply is limited for vehicles in general, and demand remains strong. This keeps prices up.

My local MB dealer said sales are good.
My local BMW dealer has no used vehicles on their lot, normally they have 5-10 units for sale.
I see temporary license tags in my area frequently.

I conclude that vehicle sales are "strong", all things considered. Those of us, including myself, hoping for a crash in prices for high performance German vehicles likely won't see that happen.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:38 AM

C63s
Originally Posted by chassis

I conclude that vehicle sales are "strong", all things considered. Those of us, including myself, hoping for a crash in prices for high performance German vehicles likely won't see that happen.
Unless you want an RS5 Sportback I am sure, lol :P
Old 06-30-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
The deals are in financing, but yeah the cars prices aren't discounted much bc of supply/demand. MB financial was doing 0% for 36 months in June, free monies. I think 60 months was like 2.6%. Good time to buy if you're in the market.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:22 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S
I'd echo what the others have said. In talking with a couple of friends in the industry over the last few weeks they both said sales volume is higher than ever. One does paint reconditioning and ceramic applications for new/used inventory at exotic and high end dealers. He said his dealers are nearly doubling their usual monthly volume. Another friend does the inventory management and photography for nearly all Atlanta dealerships and said he's also seeing marked increase in sales. And then I was at my MB dealer and sales guy there also said they're doing the most cars per month since he started there 7 years ago.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I think 60 months was like 2.6%. Good time to buy if you're in the market.
If you want the best interest rate, wait until the end of the year Mercedes offer @ 1.9%.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
US car sales just had their worst quarter since the Great Recession

Some talk here about car sales being up from personal views, a dealer here, a dealer there, my friend told me, I see this, I heard, but news outlets says everything is down.

New Car Sales Fall For Second Consecutive Quarter in U.S.:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...mMu?li=BBnb7Kz

Car Sales Plunge 33% in 2nd Quarter Despite Deals:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-sal...us-11593621053

US car sales just had their worst quarter since the Great Recession:

https://keyt.com/lifestyle/money-and...eat-recession/

Last edited by E55 KEV; 07-01-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,946 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
Car sales as a whole are definitely down, but if you dig into the details, the folks who buy luxury cars are less likely to be economically affected by the current crisis and don't necessarily delay a new purchase, especially those whose leases are up. Where it's tanking is at the lower echelons of the market. Lots of those people can't even make rent at the moment and are soon facing eviction. There's a huge disparity in terms of who is getting hit hard by the lockdowns etc. I'm sure many of us here are just working from home and other than not being able to go and do what we want, the pandemic hasn't really hit us. Frankly, my expenses are significantly down on a month-to-month basis, because there is nowhere to spend the money. I've even received significant refunds for cancelled events and just had to request a credit balance refund for one of my credit cards. Not everybody is this lucky in the current situation. I'm sure there are deals to be had on Toyota Camry's and the likes, but don't expect the luxury market to be affected much.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-01-2020 at 05:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NYCSoiL (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Since this thread is about Mercedes there is no real data or verifiable information posted about Mercedes doing well or better sales wise as some have eluded to.

I have personal observation also because I'm in the market for a C63 Cabrio - Mercedes of Fredericksburg (VA) has 3 C63 Convertibles. During shutdown they were all posted on their website and autotrader.com with $9k off MSRP. None of them sold and now the discount is no longer posted. I've watched those 3 since before COVID.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by superswiss
Car sales as a whole are definitely down, but if you dig into the details, the folks who buy luxury cars are less likely to be economically affected by the current crisis and don't necessarily delay a new purchase, especially those whose leases are up. Where it's tanking is at the lower echelons of the market. Lots of those people can't even make rent at the moment and are soon facing eviction. There's a huge disparity in terms of who is getting hit hard by the lockdowns etc. I'm sure many of us here are just working from home and other than not being able to go and do what we want, the pandemic hasn't really hit us. Frankly, my expenses are significantly down on a month-to-month basis, because there is nowhere to spend the money. I've even received significant refunds for cancelled events and just had to request a credit balance refund for one of my credit cards. Not everybody is this lucky in the current situation. I'm sure there are deals to be had on Toyota Camry's and the likes, but don't expect the luxury market to be affected much.
have you heard of internet 😂...can spend all your money and then some without ever leaving your home. Heck, I ordered all my mods while sitting at home. From my experience I spent more being home as I have more time finding stuff to buy.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by tobeit
have you heard of internet 😂...can spend all your money and then some without ever leaving your home. Heck, I ordered all my mods while sitting at home. From my experience I spent more being home as I have more time finding stuff to buy.
LOL...I have. Believe it or not, it existed before the pandemic . I'm sure there's plenty of ***** I don't need nor want I could buy if I just wanted to spend my money.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I suppose globally the market is not looking good. Daimler AG is not doing well, neither is VW nor BMW.

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-...-restructuring

This reminds me. I was on the Mercedes-Benz Germany website and noticed that the entire C Class Coupe has disappeared from the Configurator.

https://www.mercedes-benz.de/passeng...&view=BODYTYPE

Not sure if this is a mistake, or if this spells the disappearance of the coupe altogether or at least for now.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
The week that most the government CV-19 stimulus checks were recieved was a busy time at my local BMW dealer. I went with my friend to pick up her serviced BMW. The car show room was standing room only as the newly recieved government checks were being used for down payments on new cars.

Last edited by mstraka; 07-01-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:54 AM

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe, 2021 Bmw X5M Competition
BMW is down about 40% because of COVID, I am sure MB is similar. I think dealers are spewing the same bs that they always do regarding demand.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:58 AM

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe, 2021 Bmw X5M Competition
I partially agree with you that Covid probably didn’t affect the luxury car buyers. Time will tell, we all know stock market is artificially inflated and it doesn’t reflect the economy. Now, people with money get spooked easily and stop spending money and start playing the wait and see game.