Sponsored by:

C63 w205 turbosmart recirc valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 04:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 mit optionz; MS6 8 port & stuff
Originally Posted by blowoff
We do not set them. They are electronic and the ECU tells them what to do.
Greets.

I have no practical knowledge on this yet, but have absolutely had mirroed experiences with the lack of data and confusing inputs

Forge for example has given me both sides of fit/ doesn't fit. and I spoke with a dude in the UK and a local dealer.

I do not know if this applies, but it may. I have a GLA45, which is half of your engines, same borestroke etc (M133)
the first year, it shipped with no valve, but a blanking plate where one resides for 2015 In 2016-2019 in got an electronic diverter valve
there are alot of 2015's out there, price is down, modders are getting into them and so...
weistec made a mechanical valve and says it fits every thing. basically a VTA whistle
Forge has a mechanical valve fits only 2015, or everything depending on what you read
Most uners, petrolheads etc are familiar with changing the OEM valve to hold more boost, or react faster, or, mainly, sadly, sound cool

I bought a turbosmart. never had on on my speed, not a 50-50 kind of guy. but another story

Turbosmart makes an electrically actuated valve and the OEM valve is electronic. That fact, to me, overides other considereations.

To plumb in a vaccum valve , which the ECU is not expecting, and changes manifold pressure, "kinda" about the same time as when it send a command to do so.and stops before?? after?? when the command to close was sent

Thats a recipe for fail to me. It would create a problem where one wasn't and be a headache to tune around.

I have a downpipe and some bushings to install along with the turbosmart (fits ford trucks and merc, go figure)

What I have not settled on is a Tuner. Until I get a straight answer on whether or not they are aware of the electronic valve, have those tables opened up, and are tuning with them, I don't have a warm fuzzy
Old 07-09-2020, 08:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
For those of you who need a plug and play boost tap, we have one designed and being manufactured right now:

https://modal.works/shop/m177m178-boost-tap-preorder
The following users liked this post:
AlexZTuned (12-22-2020)