Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

295 on stock sedan wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2020 | 10:41 AM

16 c63s and 17 C43 AMG, 13 E63 P30
Originally Posted by msd3075
A properly-fit wider tire will give you better traction if run at a lower pressure since the lower pressure at the same weight load will increase the contact patch area. You'd want to decrease the pressure to make the contact patch, when compared to the smaller tire, the same length (front of car to back) but with the added width. So, theoretically, yes.
But the amount of grip you will gain will be pretty much unnoticeable to anyone but professional-type drivers that know what they're doing at the limit. You, along qith 99% of people on here, won't notice a difference.
And I'm not all that smart. Ask my wife. But I do have a Mechanical Engineering degree and almost went to work as a Race Engineer for a sports car team when I was not long out of school.
I wanted to wait a few days to actually drive the car around to give my personal impressions before replying. I have noticed substantial gains in traction compared to the Dunlop 265. The 295 PSS are a massive upgrade in size and grip compared to the stock tires. I know grip isn’t everything but it is important when you have a massive car with lots of torque. Prior to the tire swap the car felt slow because the traction control would always kick on. I have a stage 1 AMR tune so i am making more power than stock and those Dunlop’s were just not up to the task.

After putting on the 295 PSS, I now have enough traction that I can disable traction control, punch the throttle and the car just goes with a little bit of spin. I know that it’s not the preferred or optimal size tire on a 9.5 inch rim but I think the pros outweigh the cons at the moment. If i am able to find a pair of the coupe cross spoke forged in a 10.5, I will put them on my car because i just love these wheels.

In my opinion, the bulge does look a bit funny on the wheels but i don’t think they are extremely bulgy or unsafe. I did some research and saw vette guys putting 315s onto a 9.5 wheel. Also, I see a lot of cars that run extremely narrow tires on large wheels to get that euro look and that seems a lot less optimal than my current setup. I would say borderline unsafe.

The following users liked this post:
DIVINE AMG (09-02-2020)
Old 09-01-2020 | 10:52 AM

w210 E55
Originally Posted by Peterk81
I wanted to wait a few days to actually drive the car around to give my personal impressions before replying. I have noticed substantial gains in traction compared to the Dunlop 265. The 295 PSS are a massive upgrade in size and grip compared to the stock tires. I know grip isn’t everything but it is important when you have a massive car with lots of torque. Prior to the tire swap the car felt slow because the traction control would always kick on. I have a stage 1 AMR tune so i am making more power than stock and those Dunlop’s were just not up to the task.

After putting on the 295 PSS, I now have enough traction that I can disable traction control, punch the throttle and the car just goes with a little bit of spin. I know that it’s not the preferred or optimal size tire on a 9.5 inch rim but I think the pros outweigh the cons at the moment. If i am able to find a pair of the coupe cross spoke forged in a 10.5, I will put them on my car because i just love these wheels.

In my opinion, the bulge does look a bit funny on the wheels but i don’t think they are extremely bulgy or unsafe. I did some research and saw vette guys putting 315s onto a 9.5 wheel. Also, I see a lot of cars that run extremely narrow tires on large wheels to get that euro look and that seems a lot less optimal than my current setup. I would say borderline unsafe.

Looks good to me. Those are 9.5 rims right? Glad you didn’t get the 295 Pzero as they are wider than the PS4
Old 09-01-2020 | 12:10 PM

amg C63s
Here's wheel specs for our car that may be helpful Michelin PS4S:

Old 09-01-2020 | 12:25 PM

16 c63s and 17 C43 AMG, 13 E63 P30
@eurochargedw210 yup 9.5 rear wheels
Old 09-05-2020 | 04:28 AM

c63s 2020
what are you running at the front ?