Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

555 AMG PERFORMANCE SEATS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2020 | 10:06 PM

2020 Mercedes Benz AMG C63S Coupe 2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43
555 AMG PERFORMANCE SEATS

I am planning to order a 2021 C 63 S coupe . My problem is what seats ? do I order ? I am 75 years old , 5-8 and weigh 160 lbs . I will drive under 50 miles a trip . I could go on a day trip of 200 + miles .I will be ordering the 19 inch rims as a better ride. I have 2019 AMG 43 GLC with the 21 inch rims/ performance tires and 20 inch all season tires and the ride of the car is is very noticeable , The seat in the GLC AMG 43 are ok, but I like the feel of my son BMW COUPE seats which fit me better. The last thing is a seat that will be so stiff or hard as some one that is going to use this car on a race track . I do want comfort and there is NO way for me to test drive a C 63 S with the AMG 555 PERFORMANCE SEATS.
Old 08-16-2020 | 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I'm 39 and getting in and out of the performance seats is rough lol. I would not get them at your age. You have to like push your self up using the steering wheel to get out the car.
Old 08-16-2020 | 10:46 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
I have the performance seats and if I drive hour long trips my back starts to hurt but maybe its just my posture.
Old 08-17-2020 | 12:02 AM

2020 C63S Coupe, 2021 Bmw X5M Competition
I find them comfortable enough. Regular seats are far more comfortable. I just hate the way regular seats look.
The following users liked this post:
AMGC (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020 | 12:29 AM

2020 C63s Coupe
I am in my mid 30.
My back starts to get uncomfortable after 30 minutes of drive.
It may be because my car seat is new with less than 1000 miles so it may need some more driving to loosen some cushion.
As of now, it is pretty stiff.
I would still get performance seat because it looks so much better than regular one. But if I was around your age, I would probably just go for regular seat.

Old 08-17-2020 | 12:57 AM

C63S AMG S205 / Estate
I’ve had both seats, the performance seats looks better but they’re super stiff and the regular seats are just way more comfortable. In your situation there’s no way I’d go for the performance seats.
Old 08-17-2020 | 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I love my performance seats and they belong to the car- JMO. I drive 5h at times and except short.breaks I do just fine. But there are more cushy seats out there including the standard seats, no doubt. But they don’t do justice to the car you are about to buy.
Old 08-17-2020 | 01:55 AM

2019 C63S Coupe
I have the regular seats : 858 magna Grey/Black Nappa Leather w /Yellow stitching and they are very comfortable.
The following users liked this post:
baldmike73 (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020 | 03:16 AM

2020 C63 Coupe
I'm roughly the same size as you (5'8 and 155lbs) and they fit me perfectly. As for comfort, they are not really comfortable, but they sure hold you really well around corners. I'd take the performance seats over the regular ones every single time, love them in my C63.
Old 08-17-2020 | 10:26 AM

2018 C63S Coupe
Interesting thread and replies. I guess I will give the OP my opinion as follows (my coupe is a 2018. I am 6'4 (210lbs):

1) I have zero problems getting in or out of these seats (and I am an ex athlete with bad knees and hips).
2) I have done two hours in this seat and had no problems...no aches or pains at all.
3) Great seat if you want to go curve up a few nice roads. Not talking about anything crazy here but isn't that part of why one would buy a C63S?
4) Best looking seat for the C63S (agree with Tobeit) especially if you are going for that performance look.

Just my 2 cents! Good luck with whatever you decide.
Attached Thumbnails 555 AMG PERFORMANCE SEATS-amg_5.jpg  
Old 08-17-2020 | 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
i went round and round trying to decide between the 2 - my local dealer said to not get them as they look great, but really are not comfortable for anything that requires a bit of a longer drive. They had a new E63s that was gorgeous and sat on the floor for months (not marked up) because everyone that looked at the car did not want the seats - i know its all personal preference, but i drive the car it is supposed to be driven and have never had any issues with the standard seats and don't feel like i am sliding around. For ref i am 5'10 175lbs and am quite happy with my choice.

Early congrats on your purchase - the 63 over the 43 will leave you grinning
Old 08-17-2020 | 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I think the biggest take away is that you can't really take anybody's word for it. Dealers seem to scare customers away from the performance seats, which is really a disservice, IMO. These seats are certainly not soft, but that's a good thing, IMO. Rolling around on a soft cushion when cornering is not really what you want. They are not hard, either, though. They are firm enough to not sink in constantly as your body weight shifts. Whether that's comfortable or not is subjective. Some sleep better on a firm mattress, and others sleep better on a soft mattress.

I already gave OP a response when he first started this thread in the W206 forum, but as I said there, I've spent up to 12 hours in these seats in a single day on several road trips and I had no discomfort. With any seat, one should change up position regularly to be comfortable, and it's no different with the performance seats. It does help that I have the driver assistance package, so I can stretch my legs or crouch them in order to not sit stiff in a single position for a long time. Sitting in the same position for too long is uncomfortable in any seat.

One thing for me personally is that tight fitting seats are more comfortable to me, because they keep my body upright w/o needing to use my back muscles, so on longer drives that's actually less fatiguing than having to use the back muscles to keep me upright in the seat. The one thing that may or may not be an issue is getting in and out of the car. The C63 is kinda low, especially the coupe, and if you have the seat all the way down like I do, then it is certainly a bit of gymnastics to get in and out if you are not the fittest. Personal fitness should factor into the decision. For example I ride my bike 30+ miles multiple times a week, so compared to a bike saddle the performance seats feel like a sofa . It's all relative.

OP, I know you said there's no way for you to test drive a C63S with the performance seats. Not sure if it helps, but these seats are found across the AMG range., in case you can find another model with them. The biggest difference I've come across is that in the AMG GT they lack the seat cushion extension and they are not available with ventilation in all models. For me, the seat cushion extension is actually a major comfort factor. I always have it fully extended, so my legs rest comfortably. W/o extension I find the seat cushion too short, and that's uncomfortable to me.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-17-2020 at 06:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
FLC63s (08-17-2020), W205-S (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020 | 10:16 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
I think the biggest take away is that you can't really take anybody's word for it. Dealers seem to scare customers away from the performance seats, which is really a disservice, IMO. These seats are certainly not soft, but that's a good thing, IMO. Rolling around on a soft cushion when cornering is not really what you want. They are not hard, either, though. They are firm enough to not sink in constantly as your body weight shifts. Whether that's comfortable or not is subjective. Some sleep better on a firm mattress, and others sleep better on a soft mattress.

I already gave OP a response when he first started this thread in the W206 forum, but as I said there, I've spent up to 12 hours in these seats in a single day on several road trips and I had no discomfort. With any seat, one should change up position regularly to be comfortable, and it's no different with the performance seats. It does help that I have the driver assistance package, so I can stretch my legs or crouch them in order to not sit stiff in a single position for a long time. Sitting in the same position for too long is uncomfortable in any seat.

One thing for me personally is that tight fitting seats are more comfortable to me, because they keep my body upright w/o needing to use my back muscles, so on longer drives that's actually less fatiguing than having to use the back muscles to keep me upright in the seat. The one thing that may or may not be an issue is getting in and out of the car. The C63 is kinda low, especially the coupe, and if you have the seat all the way down like I do, then it is certainly a bit of gymnastics to get in and out if you are not the fittest. Personal fitness should factor into the decision. For example I ride my bike 30+ miles multiple times a week, so compared to a bike saddle the performance seats feel like a sofa . It's all relative.

OP, I know you said there's no way for you to test drive a C63S with the performance seats. Not sure if it helps, but these seats are found across the AMG range., in case you can find another model with them. The biggest difference I've come across is that in the AMG GT they lack the seat cushion extension and they are not available with ventilation in all models. For me, the seat cushion extension is actually a major comfort factor. I always have it fully extended, so my legs rest comfortably. W/o extension I find the seat cushion too short, and that's uncomfortable to me.
Very well said...
Old 08-18-2020 | 01:52 AM

C63S
If you've already chosen to go with 19" wheels for comfort reasons, for me it's a no brainer to go with the comfort seats too. Yes, the performance seats look a bit better but you've already decided comfort > looks with the wheels.