c63s Pana roof issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
c63s Pana roof issues

Hey guys, went out for a beach drive last night in the c63s and opened all windows, and pana roof to enjoy the cooler breeze we currently are having.. and went I got home, to close everything up, the pana roof got to almost its forward closing point, heard some cracking, and STUCK.
wont close completely , nor will open..

Luckly my car is still under factory warranty ( ends in October ) , I went online last night and scheduled a meeting with my SA for this am, and just dropped it off. They are just going to replace the whole damn thing, (motor, cables, glass,) etc..
(thank GOD for a GREAT SA I am blessed to always deal with)

There are a couple of AMG factory cert techs at the dealership I goto, and 1 in particular who specializes in glass and all glass items in the AMG line, so he has my beast for the next week or so.. (depending on how long it takes to get all the parts in)

Anyone else had pana roof issues ?? I am trying to figure if a gear broke, or cable ?? I know, I am sure they will tell me once they dig into it, but since they just said " we replacing everything " I wanted to see if any others had issues at anytime.

Happy HUMP DAY
Old 09-23-2020, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 501 Likes on 339 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Hey guys, went out for a beach drive last night in the c63s and opened all windows, and pana roof to enjoy the cooler breeze we currently are having.. and went I got home, to close everything up, the pana roof got to almost its forward closing point, heard some cracking, and STUCK.
wont close completely , nor will open..
Yeah it's heaps common 😕

99% it's the small guides which support the front of the glass when closing that have popped out. You will be able to close it by holding the glass level so you can get it over the pop-up wind deflector. This will allow you to shut it until MB can fix it.

Let us know how you go aye.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Yeah it's heaps common 😕

99% it's the small guides which support the front of the glass when closing that have popped out. You will be able to close it by holding the glass level so you can get it over the pop-up wind deflector. This will allow you to shut it until MB can fix it.

Let us know how you go aye.
yea, they already said, they just going to replace the whole thing.. I dont want them replacing a small peice and then something else pops up.. and since they know the factory warrenty is ending in a couple weeks, they want to get it all done in a complete manner.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:27 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
Replacing the roof is actually a big job and a ugly one ..... techs hate doing them
Old 09-23-2020, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C3504matic
Replacing the roof is actually a big job and a ugly one ..... techs hate doing them
I am sure....
I dont mind them replacing the whole thing, as if I have an issue with it, even past the factory warranty ending soon, they still will have it in the system and will deal with it. vs, them fixing a clip and then in 2 months after my warranty expires, something else is wrong and then cost an arm and leg.
(plus I think they want the install dollars from MB) :-)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:37 AM

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Yeah it's heaps common 😕

Thanks Bro for the tip if I ever do have a problem. I actually don't use mine very often (live in AZ desert...lots of heat and dust).
Fact is...I am not a sun roof fan due to issues like this and the added weight.

Originally Posted by FLC63s
yea, they already said, they just going to replace the whole thing.. I dont want them replacing a small peice and then something else pops up.. and since they know the factory warrenty is ending in a couple weeks, they want to get it all done in a complete manner.
Hey man hope it all goes good for you...and I am can relate on having a awesome SA. On my end not only is my SA great but the only person who touches my car at MB is the Shop Foreman. He is a member of our FB group and has convinced his GM to let him work on "tuned" cars (He owns an 800hp E55) because he knows not to plug into the OBD port and do updates and mess up my tune. Plus being he is the Shop Foreman I get top notch service all the way around...feel very blessed!!!

PS: Love the Avatar!!!