Sponsored by:

New Emissions Recall? Campaign #2020070001

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 11:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C63S AMG, 2008 335XI N54
Originally Posted by superswiss
No, that's just a cabin air filter and gets replaced as part of every Service B anyway. But some VINs were found to have a faulty one from the factory. These filters emit some gases and the faulty ones have been found to emit more than allowed, so that's why it's categorized as an emissions recall, but has nothing to do with the engine or the engine's emissions. I've had all the other updates as said and none affected the performance of the car. I'm guessing they screwed something up with the AMG Drive Unit updates in your case, or possibly the ESP update. If the car had a power failure during the update and they didn't reset it, then it goes into limp mode for example. You can tell by bringing up the engine data screen in the COMAND system. I believe if it's in limp mode it will only show something like 200 possible horsepower instead of the 500+.
That's a good point, i'll bring up the engine data screen and see what it outputs. It most DEFINITELY does not feel the same as when i dropped it off. On down shifts the engine and exhaust sounds almost muted... i thought it was just me until my girl and family members commented on how it sounds less loud and more tame without me even mentioning it. I'm thinking about calling my SA or emailing him to see what could have happened...
Old 06-20-2021, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63
Recall #2020070001

Hi so I recently got this recall as well, I noticed this issue on my MY18 from the get go and found it unusual. When I don't drive the car for a few days and this happens I just let my car idle a little longer before I pull out.

​​​​​​I Want to do this update because it would fix the no cold start after 3 days of not starting the car.

I am running a tune and my tune provider has given me a handheld to flash back and forth from stock to tuned.
Can I get the update and flashbit back to the tune?
Will it still flash to the tune after the update?
Old 07-06-2021, 04:20 PM

2018 C63
Campaign #2020070001

Originally Posted by Nfsuba
Hi so I recently got this recall as well, I noticed this issue on my MY18 from the get go and found it unusual. When I don't drive the car for a few days and this happens I just let my car idle a little longer before I pull out.

​​​​​​I Want to do this update because it would fix the no cold start after 3 days of not starting the car.

I am running a tune and my tune provider has given me a handheld to flash back and forth from stock to tuned.
Can I get the update and flashbit back to the tune?
Will it still flash to the tune after the update?

Hey man I have the same dilemma and I also have a handheld tuner. I spoke with my tuning company and they told me to flash back to stock then get the update from dealer, then to send them the updated ecu file to see if there is any conflict with the new update. If there aren't any conflicts the tune will work otherwise they said they will send me an updated tune that will be compatible with the new ecu update.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:58 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Nfsuba
Hey man I have the same dilemma and I also have a handheld tuner. I spoke with my tuning company and they told me to flash back to stock then get the update from dealer, then to send them the updated ecu file to see if there is any conflict with the new update. If there aren't any conflicts the tune will work otherwise they said they will send me an updated tune that will be compatible with the new ecu update.
who is your tuning company?
Old 08-10-2021, 12:00 PM

2018 C63
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
who is your tuning company?
VelosDesignWorks
Old 08-11-2021, 09:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63S, 2020 GLE580
Not a big deal afterall…

So I got this letter for my 2018 a while ago and thought I would avoid as well given the concern over exhaust note and adaptation reset comments. Had the front tires replaced about 2 weeks ago and they brought this up when I dropped it off. I gave up being a bother and just let them perform the recall. I can tell you from my personal experience, it didn’t change anything on my car. Much ado about nothing, but you guys might have different experiences if you’re tuned.

My car has RENNtech exhaust module as well. Again, noticed no difference.

Peter
Old 08-13-2021, 03:52 PM

2018 C63
Originally Posted by Quattrouser
So I got this letter for my 2018 a while ago and thought I would avoid as well given the concern over exhaust note and adaptation reset comments. Had the front tires replaced about 2 weeks ago and they brought this up when I dropped it off. I gave up being a bother and just let them perform the recall. I can tell you from my personal experience, it didn’t change anything on my car. Much ado about nothing, but you guys might have different experiences if you’re tuned.

Peter
That is some good news!
Old 08-22-2021, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amg gts
Exclamation Amg gts ecu recall for software update

I had my car service at the dealer for a oil change. The dealer notified me That there is ECU software update required for my car if I accept them to do, I allowed them to install it for me. I picked up the car from them today and realized that the car have so much less engine sound and especially the ‘pops’. My car has a armytrix downpipes installed and used to sound amazing and also used to preforme great with a lot of pops. Not anymore.

Can someone please advise me on how to get rid of this new software update from my ECU to how it used to be.

My car had no tune on my ECU before, only downpipes .

Last edited by Kubba95; 08-22-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Kubba95
I had my car service at the dealer for a oil change. The dealer notified me That there is ECU software update required for my car if I accept them to do, I allowed them to install it for me. I picked up the car from them today and realized that the car have so much less engine sound and especially the ‘pops’. My car has a armytrix downpipes installed and used to sound amazing and also used to preforme great with a lot of pops. Not anymore.

Can someone please advise me on how to get rid of this new software update from my ECU to how it used to be.

My car had no tune on my ECU before, only downpipes .
Ptg can write all modules in the ecu to get your old firmware back. might as well tune it while he does it!

Last edited by skratch77; 08-22-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:38 PM

Amg gts
Thank you for replying,can you explain to me
Old 08-22-2021, 06:41 PM

Amg gts
Old 08-22-2021, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Kubba95
You can message kirklandhans on Instagram or check out there website
https://www.premiertuninggroup.com/
Old 08-22-2021, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Quattrouser

Peter
Pretty sure 2018 already have updated firmware so probably why you didn't notice anything. It's been talked for years on here how newer cars don't sound as good as the 2015 to 2017s

Here is my car with stock downpipes and stock exhaust

Last edited by skratch77; 08-22-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:17 PM

M3
Does yours have the updated software and recalls completed? I was told my 2018 has two open recalls one being the campaing described in this thread the other one an ECU/TCU update. My car is brutal and raw and the pops are loud like yours... I dont want to risk loosing that If I take it in but Im reading some lose sound some dont?
Old 07-21-2022, 03:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 amg esate
Originally Posted by shane060
Does yours have the updated software and recalls completed? I was told my 2018 has two open recalls one being the campaing described in this thread the other one an ECU/TCU update. My car is brutal and raw and the pops are loud like yours... I dont want to risk loosing that If I take it in but Im reading some lose sound some dont?

Don’t have it done, it will ruin the sound no question.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:48 PM

M3
Im staying away from both recalls listed for my vehicle for sure. My main concern is if I take the car in for lets say an alignment or transmission service that its due for will they update and perform the recalls even if I specifically say not to? Im not in Cali so its not mandatory but Im not sure if i trust them to not do it etc.