Sponsored by:

2021 C63 AMG S COUPE PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 09:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
2021 C63 AMG S COUPE PICS

GF's 2021 C63 S COUPE with CC'S & just about every other option, I might of had some influence on this purchase
The following 3 users liked this post by AMGBEASTMODE:
djprov431 (04-23-2021), FromV4_to_C63 (02-07-2021), velosdesignwerks (02-08-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,646 Posts
2019 C63CS
Nice! Missing the awesome performance seats from the looks of it to complement the CCBs.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by superswiss
Nice! Missing the awesome performance seats from the looks of it to complement the CCBs.
Exactly. Performance seat is day and night in term of look for the interior. It a must have for me.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
It's my GF's daily driver so she didn't really need them, if it were mine, maybe....to each is own!
Old 02-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 AMG C63 Coupe
I passed on the performance seats.
I do like the look of them thou..

Just not for me at this moment !
Man you gotta love individualism
Old 02-07-2021, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,646 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AMGBEASTMODE
It's my GF's daily driver so she didn't really need them, if it were mine, maybe....to each is own!
I suppose I just kinda found it odd that somebody would option the CCBs which are mainly meant to deal with the immense heat on a track, but then not get the performance seats to be held in place properly during those hard driving events.
Old 02-07-2021, 03:51 PM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
Pulling my Chair up for this one

Old 02-07-2021, 03:52 PM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
Possible the WOW factor ...
The look , aesthetics
Old 02-08-2021, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
I suppose I just kinda found it odd that somebody would option the CCBs which are mainly meant to deal with the immense heat on a track, but then not get the performance seats to be held in place properly during those hard driving events.
I was thinking the same thing, considering your Daily Driving with CCB would be horrible if they were not up to heat, and you could actually get yourself into more accidents that way.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:06 AM

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
I really like what you did to the wheels! Might have to black out the stars on mine now.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
C63
Her car looks good! How did she black out the front grille?
Old 02-08-2021, 01:43 PM

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
c63s
Pretty aggressive looking car for a girl. Don’t see too many girls driving a blacked out C63s. She has good taste.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
So funny this myth of the CCB needing to be up to high temp to perform??? Cold start, 20 degrees they stop like hitting brick wall. No warm up needed.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 77 Likes on 73 Posts
Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
Well done! I love the steering wheel!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 507AMG
So funny this myth of the CCB needing to be up to high temp to perform??? Cold start, 20 degrees they stop like hitting brick wall. No warm up needed.
myth ? its called physics and simple science ..

good lord
Old 02-08-2021, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Lol ... agreed. It make no sense !!!
Old 02-10-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by FLC63s
myth ? its called physics and simple science ..

good lord
Carbon ceramics work just fine after cold start under normal operation.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Encore818
Carbon ceramics work just fine after cold start under normal operation.
Ohh ok.. so lets base line what you say is NORMAL OPERATION .. ? CC were not made for normal operation... ...

Old 02-11-2021, 09:42 AM

Ohh ok.. so lets base line what you say is NORMAL OPERATION .. ? CC were not made for normal operation... ...
I understand CCBs are made for track use. But they are brakes after all and they are meant to stop your car regardless of if you're at the track or not. Even if you track your car with CCBs, you have to drive it from your home to the track. Assuming you don't drive like an absolute maniac on public roads, CCBs will not fail you on your way there.

I daily drive my car and have never tracked it. Yes I push it from time to time on the highway, canyons, rallys, etc., but they have never failed to perform in their primary function of BRAKING.

Now, if you were to sleep at the track, wake up, start the car, and start driving as you would on the track, I'm sure they wouldn't work to their full potential, but that's also a ridiculous proposition.

To say CCBs are "dangerous" before they're heated up sufficiently is just wrong. If you're talking solely about track use, then I can't say myself having never tracked it, but I would assume from all the literature that you are correct.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:34 AM

C63
CCBs are on many cars now days some has standard equipment, and most are not used on the track. GM put out lots of CCB cars. I would think most people bring their cars up to proper temps before they drive them hard so brakes would get some use as well, but some don't. I don't know of any insurance companies charging extra because they think CCB cars will not stop in time, thereby causing more accidents. Many people use CCB equipped cars as daily drivers, I have some friends that do.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Slowlane
CCBs are on many cars now days some has standard equipment, and most are not used on the track. GM put out lots of CCB cars. I would think most people bring their cars up to proper temps before they drive them hard so brakes would get some use as well, but some don't. I don't know of any insurance companies charging extra because they think CCB cars will not stop in time, thereby causing more accidents. Many people use CCB equipped cars as daily drivers, I have some friends that do.
The responses are getting way off topic of the whole reason it was brought up in the first place.
1) OP girlfriend got this car, has options on it, and got CC Brakes, but didn't get performance seats .. which raised eyebrows of why pay for them, other then if you just want to have the BRAGGING factor to say, " my car has CC ", and if that was the case, then just say it..

2) then it turned into a debate on CC's, so ..

To your own response, look it up, there are clearly cases in which Insurance companies have denied claims and even went after the car owner, for accidents and or events that happened in the fault of not able to break correctly.
(mainly stupid people showing off and revving up there cars and taking off out of a parking lot and trying to stop, and missed it.)

I have 3 cars that have CC brakes, and I understand how they operate , on road, track and the differences on how they act and feel at different times. (My GF tells me all the time how she can tell the difference as well) she has a heavy foot , the first G63 I got her was steel brakes, and the recent one is CC, she likes them when they are warm and she been hauling around town, but when she first gets out and about, I get a call and txt all the time. (I just tell her to haul *** a bit more and take the turn deep on the entrance ramp, that'll warm em up)

As for CC's needing to be warmed up, or not, or wiped down with a diaper, etc.. NO there is NO special EXTRA's that need to happen, and they work cold or hot, but they are meant for extreme braking and or heavy braking environments. With that being said, I have had 2 sets on a Ferrari be replaced because they were NOT driven thru complete heat cycles and damaged them, and that was from Brembo direct , that they must be "used" or it will cause issues.

So ending on this long note... If you want the GOLD calipers for just show, then say it.....
Old 02-11-2021, 11:18 AM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
The responses are getting way off topic of the whole reason it was brought up in the first place.
1) OP girlfriend got this car, has options on it, and got CC Brakes, but didn't get performance seats .. which raised eyebrows of why pay for them, other then if you just want to have the BRAGGING factor to say, " my car has CC ", and if that was the case, then just say it..

To your own response, look it up, there are clearly cases in which Insurance companies have denied claims and even went after the car owner, for accidents and or events that happened in the fault of not able to break correctly.
(mainly stupid people showing off and revving up there cars and taking off out of a parking lot and trying to stop, and missed it.)

I have 3 cars that have CC brakes, and I understand how they operate , on road, track and the differences on how they act and feel at different times. (My GF tells me all the time how she can tell the difference as well) she has a heavy foot , the first G63 I got her was steel brakes, and the recent one is CC, she likes them when they are warm and she been hauling around town, but when she first gets out and about, I get a call and txt all the time. (I just tell her to haul *** a bit more and take the turn deep on the entrance ramp, that'll warm em up)

As for CC's needing to be warmed up, or not, or wiped down with a diaper, etc.. NO there is NO special EXTRA's that need to happen, and they work cold or hot, but they are meant for extreme braking and or heavy braking environments. With that being said, I have had 2 sets on a Ferrari be replaced because they were NOT driven thru complete heat cycles and damaged them, and that was from Brembo direct , that they must be "used" or it will cause issues.

So ending on this long note... If you want the GOLD calipers for just show, then say it.....

+1

Old 02-11-2021, 11:58 AM

C63

(mainly stupid people showing off and revving up there cars and taking off out of a parking lot and trying to stop, and missed it.)....
Too funny! What does that have to do with what I said or CCBs? Are the insurance companies denying claims of stupid people with CCBs and paying the claims of stupid people with regular brakes? I don't care why people buy CCBs on any car, it's their choice. Some may like the look, the reduced or lack of brake dust, or the performance.

Enjoy your day! I'm off to move some snow.