Sponsored by:

Focal plug and play speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 G63, 2018 C43, 2018 GLS450
Originally Posted by cls5504matic
Interesting makes sense given the unusual speaker setup.

Did the installers mention any areas of particular that needed dynamat/sound insulation?
The doors definitely needed quite a bit especially in the back since I have the window shades for the kids. The back deck was also problematic. The little plastic flaps for the car seat anchors on the back deck were making noise as well. You can just take them off though.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:49 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
C63 MY15
Focal Isub MBZ?

Has anyone given the ISUB by Focal a go?

specifically interested to hear what improvement it brings when just the subs are installed in an otherwise stock Burmester system

TIA
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts
17 C63S Coupe PTG1000
Reviving an old thread.

Ive been running the ISUBs for about a year now - significant upgrade from stock. Even on stock amp.

Just installed the ICC MBZ100 (center channel) and IS MBZ100 (2 ways) in the front doors. I have a coupe and the tweeter location is in the front door directly beside the woofer. A lot of the videos and instructions show the tweeter on top of the door card against the window in a separate enclosure. What’s interesting is there are separate signal wires to both the tweeter and woofer, however the supplied crossover with the IS MBZ100’s only have a single input connection. I’ve just connected it to the woofer OUT signal wire and seems to operate fine. Left the tweeter IN signal wire disconnected and taped it away.

Curious if anyone has figured out good EQ settings with this setup?

Likely needs a proper DSP and amp - Match UP10 DSP.

Last edited by noremaC; Yesterday at 09:01 PM.
Old Today, 10:20 AM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
Originally Posted by noremaC
Reviving an old thread.

Ive been running the ISUBs for about a year now - significant upgrade from stock. Even on stock amp.

Just installed the ICC MBZ100 (center channel) and IS MBZ100 (2 ways) in the front doors. I have a coupe and the tweeter location is in the front door directly beside the woofer. A lot of the videos and instructions show the tweeter on top of the door card against the window in a separate enclosure. What’s interesting is there are separate signal wires to both the tweeter and woofer, however the supplied crossover with the IS MBZ100’s only have a single input connection. I’ve just connected it to the woofer OUT signal wire and seems to operate fine. Left the tweeter IN signal wire disconnected and taped it away.

Curious if anyone has figured out good EQ settings with this setup?

Likely needs a proper DSP and amp - Match UP10 DSP.

So I am in the same boat. Just received my Focal order. Center channel and the front 2-way speakers. These will complement the Focal MBZ iSUB already installed.

Looking at the Focal user manual, I wouldn't need to install the protection adapter nor the passive crossovers sine the factory Burmester system already has a S****y AMP+DSP.

Old Today, 04:33 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
In addition to the sound quality, how is the volume? One of my issues regarding the OEM audio system (in addition to sound quality) is volume. On my vert, I can't really hear much at all with the wind noise, as the volume doesn't go up very high. Prob a limitation of the OEM amp. This is in stark contrast to say, the BMW M4 vert with Harman Kardon sound system; it was plenty loud & clear, even with the top down.