Sponsored by:

2020 Tuners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 12:44 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by boosted20v
It's on sale right now, $1039 without the warranty, either way it is cheaper than most.
Go see if you can outrun Sir with it...lol....
Old 04-27-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by boosted20v
True, but at the end of the day I want to see some draggy numbers. I spoke with them on the phone a couple of times and in the end went another route for a tune. I am still intrigued though. There are at least two cars on here that I believe just went with them.
Curious what made you go another route after talking to them on the phone?

did you by any chance ask them for a before after dyno? Kinda odd for a tuner to not have that on their website
Old 04-28-2021, 09:14 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
Has anyone installed the CarBahn tune? How about some real world feedback?
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
Originally Posted by untamedd
Curious what made you go another route after talking to them on the phone?

did you by any chance ask them for a before after dyno? Kinda odd for a tuner to not have that on their website
It was more the flexibility I got with who I ended up with but they were kinda vague when talking power numbers.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:55 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
JB4 is fully compatible with the 2020+ models, and a nice option for those who don't want to reflash their vehicle.

https://burgertuning.com/products/me...d527ed90&_ss=r
Old 05-04-2021, 08:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 c63s sedan
This thread is aggravating.
there is so little research to be read when it comes to tuners the our cars, but for what little it's worth, here has been my experience.

1. AMR. Pushy reps where once you start asking questions, attempt to "remind" you the they are the experts, and that you don't need to know what they do to your car to get the result that they decide is safe and effective.
I liked that one of the reps in Connecticut notified me that they are rolling out a new option where they remote datalog your car, and then provide and revise the tune to custom fit your cars response.
What isn't clear is whether or not you the consumer actually get to see the data logs that they use, and for that matter if you can continue to log the car yourself in the future. I struggle with the idea of paying for a custom data log base tune, with no access or awareness to what the data showed and how or why they made the tune the way that they did.
2. Kirklandhans. It's somewhat telling that he hasn't bothered to come on here to clear his name and distinguish himself from this infamous "Steve" guy.
that said, from what I have heard of his approach and results, it's definitely intriguing.
3. Carbahn. Still require (as of about 6 weeks ago) the ECU to be shipped to then
4. Eurocharged. Also require bench flashing, as per their website.

It blows my mind that any company that will hold itself out as a knowledgeable and competent tuner for this car, would still have not even have gotten as far as accomplishing OBD tuning for the FL models--especially when most others have. It's not a "new" ECU anymore.

This leaves me with Renntech... Sterling reputation for being reliable. Also hold a reputation for being the weakest (most conservative?),
They do not offer any customization and have already told me that the file they flash the facelift cars is exactly the same as the ones that they have used for all other years. This may or may not be a good or bad thing. Needless to say, everybody knows they are the most expensive as well.

Last edited by AMGDC78; 05-04-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by AMGDC78
This thread is aggravating.
there is so little research to be read when it comes to tuners the our cars, but for what little it's worth, here has been my experience.

1. AMR. Pushy reps where once you start asking questions, attempt to "remind" you the they are the experts, and that you don't need to know what they do to your car to get the result that they decide is safe and effective.
I liked that one of the reps in Connecticut notified me that they are rolling out a new option where they remote datalog your car, and then provide and revise the tune to custom fit your cars response.
What isn't clear is whether or not you the consumer actually get to see the data logs that they use, and for that matter if you can continue to log the car yourself in the future. I struggle with the idea of paying for a custom data log base tune, with no access or awareness to what the data showed and how or why they made the tune the way that they did.
2. Kirklandhans. It's somewhat telling that he hasn't bothered to come on here to clear his name and distinguish himself from this infamous "Steve" guy.
that said, from what I have heard of his approach and results, it's definitely intriguing.
3. Carbahn. Still require (as of about 6 weeks ago) the ECU to be shipped to then
4. Eurocharged. Also require bench flashing, as per their website.

It blows my mind that any company that will hold itself out as a knowledgeable and competent tuner for this car, would still have not even have gotten as far as accomplishing OBD tuning for the FL models--especially when most others have. It's not a "new" ECU anymore.

This leaves me with Renntech... Sterling reputation for being reliable. Also hold a reputation for being the weakest (most conservative?),
They do not offer any customization and have already told me that the file they flash the facelift cars is exactly the same as the ones that they have used for all other years. This may or may not be a good or bad thing. Needless to say, everybody knows they are the most expensive as well.
Call Labworx and EC to make sure you have to send in the ECU on FL. I really don't think you do.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 c63s sedan
It still states in the EC website that you do. I will call nonetheless.