Sponsored by:

Carplay upgrade for PFL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c63s coupe edtion1
Originally Posted by amg8
LOL, I totally misread your original statement. I was talking about the 360 camera and you stated you have to "hop out/in" and I took that literally to mean you have to hop out of the car and look around and back in, it's easy... LOL so I thought you were trolling...

But yeah I wish you didn't have to hop out of the Carplay menu for it to auto activate. Makes for a more OEM integrated solution. If it works when you put it in reverse, I don't see why this is any different.
LOL just be careful reading the post next time, we don’t want start a war here haha
And as Deviant said, the oem 360 camera would not work when you are in carplay module, you have to manually switch back to mb interface then use the 360 camera button. But it will switch automatically whenever you put the car in reverse
Old 09-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
Can Carplay work in the background? For example if I am playing Spotify in Carplay and I switch to MB interface, would it stop my music?
Old 09-01-2021, 02:56 PM

c63s coupe edtion1
Can Carplay work in the background? For example if I am playing Spotify in Carplay and I switch to MB interface, would it stop my music?
it would not stop unless you disconnect with module’s wifi
The following users liked this post:
amg8 (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Zhuoli Cai
it would not stop unless you disconnect with module’s wifi
and the other way around - if you have Sat Radio playing and switch to Carplay....until you dont start some other channel/music like spotify etc it will keep playing. In this case you can see your sat channel on the dashboard display.
amg8 (09-01-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 11:44 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
LOL, I totally misread your original statement. I was talking about the 360 camera and you stated you have to "hop out/in" and I took that literally to mean you have to hop out of the car and look around and back in, it's easy... LOL so I thought you were trolling...

But yeah I wish you didn't have to hop out of the Carplay menu for it to auto activate. Makes for a more OEM integrated solution. If it works when you put it in reverse, I don't see why this is any different.
Interesting, my module allows me to press the 360 camera either at a standstill or at very low speeds. It does a quick change from carplay to the MB interface, then changes to the camera. To get back, I press the 360 button again, and the screen quickly cycles to the MB interface, then back to carplay.

Reverse is automatic.

The following 2 users liked this post by anerbe:
amg8 (09-02-2021), tobeit (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
Originally Posted by anerbe
Interesting, my module allows me to press the 360 camera either at a standstill or at very low speeds. It does a quick change from carplay to the MB interface, then changes to the camera. To get back, I press the 360 button again, and the screen quickly cycles to the MB interface, then back to carplay.

Reverse is automatic.

https://youtu.be/EA9t93Xc5r4

Which one are you using?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
Originally Posted by boosted20v
Which one are you using?
the RoadTop unit from Amazon - has a black/dark blue casing.

it actually looks extremely similar to the dark unit in the envelope picture in this thread.
boosted20v (09-03-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 05:29 AM

c63s coupe edtion1
Originally Posted by anerbe
the RoadTop unit from Amazon - has a black/dark blue casing.

it actually looks extremely similar to the dark unit in the envelope picture in this thread.
Yes, for the module I got recently, matter in fact all the module that is on the market are all made by same manufacturer but with different software from different brands.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
c63s coupe, bmw 335i coupe (winterbeater)
Yes, for the module I got recently, matter in fact all the module that is on the market are all made by same manufacturer but with different software from different brands.
hi, I installed a unit like this one, and with the screen mirroring, using YouTube for example there is a huge delay from the phone screen to the car screen… Is there anyway of fixing this lag?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:09 AM

c63s coupe edtion1
Originally Posted by brianc63s
hi, I installed a unit like this one, and with the screen mirroring, using YouTube for example there is a huge delay from the phone screen to the car screen… Is there anyway of fixing this lag?
Hey, have you try to connect mb bluetooth instead? Simply disconnect bluetooth with the module but keep wifi connected, otherwise please check your wires to see if they all connected correctly
Old 10-20-2021, 06:18 AM

Hey, have you try to connect mb bluetooth instead? Simply disconnect bluetooth with the module but keep wifi connected, otherwise please check your wires to see if they all connected correctly
hey, thanks for the reply, so what you’re saying is the Bluetooth connectivity would impact the screen mirroring feature?
Screen mirroring works wirelessly? Because I’ve only been able to use it when connected to the usb of the CarPlay box.
I also checked all the wires and everything is properly connected..is there anyway to get Netflix to work?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:23 AM

c63s coupe edtion1
hey, thanks for the reply, so what you’re saying is the Bluetooth connectivity would impact the screen mirroring feature?
Screen mirroring works wirelessly? Because I’ve only been able to use it when connected to the usb of the CarPlay box.
I also checked all the wires and everything is properly connected..is there anyway to get Netflix to work?
I am not too sure about the carplay module you are using, sounds like totally different one. The one we have are wirelessly connected, as well the screen projector.
And yes, if you are using blue tooth and USB at same time, it might trick the system to not function properly
Old 10-20-2021, 06:34 AM

I am not too sure about the carplay module you are using, sounds like totally different one. The one we have are wirelessly connected, as well the screen projector.
And yes, if you are using blue tooth and USB at same time, it might trick the system to not function properly
hmm, ok I will check for this when I get home, the unit looks exactly like yours, as for the wireless, I am able to connect to CarPlay wirelessly, it’s the screen mirroring that I haven’t been able to use wirelessly, maybe I’m missing something?
I am able to connect wirelessly to CarPlay with no issues.
Screen mirroring in the secret menu is what I haven’t been able to use wirelessly.
Since CarPlay works wirelessly, should the screen mirroring also work wireless?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:45 AM

c63s coupe edtion1
hmm, ok I will check for this when I get home, the unit looks exactly like yours, as for the wireless, I am able to connect to CarPlay wirelessly, it’s the screen mirroring that I haven’t been able to use wirelessly, maybe I’m missing something?
I am able to connect wirelessly to CarPlay with no issues.
Screen mirroring in the secret menu is what I haven’t been able to use wirelessly.
Since CarPlay works wirelessly, should the screen mirroring also work wireless?
I will check mine for you later today and will keep you updated.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:54 AM

I will check mine for you later today and will keep you updated.
cool! Thanks I appreciate your response.